Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is this season already a success?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this season already a success?
Yes
95%
 95%  [ 21 ]
No, please explain
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Why?? do we have a LONG way to go ?? I think we're closer than you say.

As I said previously, I was only talking about the short term. I was saying that we have a long way to go because... well... I want to see this team play more than 16 games! Perhaps a month from now, we'll be defeating the... uhh... Falcons and going to the Super Bowl! Why not? Very Happy

To Woz: I understand what you mean now. I'm guessing your least favorite word is... hmm... lose or loss. Wink
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

As I said previously, I was only talking about the short term. I was saying that we have a long way to go because... well... I want to see this team play more than 16 games! Perhaps a month from now, we'll be defeating the... uhh... Falcons and going to the Super Bowl! Why not? Very Happy

To Woz: I understand what you mean now. I'm guessing your least favorite word is... hmm... lose or loss. Wink
... I thought it was the "P" word

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

... I thought it was the "P" word

Haha I can't wait for the Jim Mora GIFs
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like the season to be over before I give my thoughts, which I intend to do.

What I will say is this:

The Redskins played very few games with their elite talent this season, aside from RG3. Trent is the best of them, Orakpo is another, as is Fred Davis, and so is Pierre Garcon.

Great coaching on the offensive side, and a very nice adjustment by Haslett and Morris, have kept the team in the playoff hunt. It is apparent that this needs its star players having great games to win. As such, Orakpo's injury clouds future optimism.
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no, If we lose these last two games i would count it as a collapse at end of season and not a successful season. Granted were suppose to be a much better team next year when we get orakpo and carriker back and our safties. We also had the suprise factor on teams this year as its rg3 and morris first year, but alot of rookies have sophmore slumps, so we might not be much better next year.

But if we win these last two games or at least beat the cowboys then i'll call it a successful season, but there is still 2 games left so i'm not gonna judge it yet.

Props to Mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
. As such, Orakpo's injury clouds future optimism.
why? You don't think with 11 months to rehab instead of just 9 that he'll be more healthy going into next season?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
why? You don't think with 11 months to rehab instead of just 9 that he'll be more healthy going into next season?

What was his injury last year?
What was his injury this year?

It's the same answer. Thomas Davis tore his ACL three consecutive years and made it back to the NFL - he's an exception. What if Orakpo injures his pectoral again? If it happens, his career is in serious jeopardy.

The defense lacks star talent - without Orakpo they will be playing like the 2009-2011 Patriots defense and not even Bellichick and Brady could overcome the deficiency of that unit.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

What was his injury last year?
What was his injury this year?

It's the same answer. Thomas Davis tore his ACL three consecutive years and made it back to the NFL - he's an exception. What if Orakpo injures his pectoral again? If it happens, his career is in serious jeopardy.

The defense lacks star talent - without Orakpo they will be playing like the 2009-2011 Patriots defense and not even Bellichick and Brady could overcome the deficiency of that unit.
um. D'Qwell Jackson had the same injury as Orakpo and many players have had. D'Qwell Jackson tore it two years in a row. In 09 he tore it mid way through the season, he re-injured it in 2010 and missed the season . He made it back in 2011 to play at his pro bowl level again. He is playing like the pro bowler he was before the injury this year as well.

That's the precedent I'll go off of. Wink

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The season is Definitely a success now!! That being said, lets keep this train moving!

Thoughts?? Anyone, now?? Cool Very Happy Cool Applause Dancing

Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a success before, even more so now. Pretty exciting that after all these years of suck, we had the Nationals win their division and now the Redskins in the same year. I feel so privileged.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything from here on in is gravy ... well ... unless the unthinkable happen to Griffin.
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes

/thread

In all seriousness though, the future looks bright we didn't back door the playoffs like 2005 and 2007. We went 5-1 against NFCE opponents and really turned up the heat on D. This is a MUCH stronger team than any we've had since the 90s and could hang with anyone in the playoffs in the NFC.

How many NFC QBs have more playoff wins than RGIIi???

ONE! Aaron Rogers is the only NfC QB to win a single playoff game. So it's a serious toss up! Bring it Seattle!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
Yes

/thread

In all seriousness though, the future looks bright we didn't back door the playoffs like 2005 and 2007. We went 5-1 against NFCE opponents and really turned up the heat on D. This is a MUCH stronger team than any we've had since the 90s and could hang with anyone in the playoffs in the NFC.

ONE! Aaron Rogers is the only NfC QB to win a single playoff game. So it's a serious toss up! Bring it Seattle!

Wow,never even thought of that.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
Yes

/thread

Uhhh... You forgot about someone, SFLA! He happens to be our 3rd string QB, but he's still an NFC QB to have won playoff games. Laughing
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:
Yes

/thread

Uhhh... You forgot about someone, SFLA! He happens to be our 3rd string QB, but he's still an NFC QB to have won playoff games. Laughing

Hahaha!! Obviously I meant STARTING QBs. Because Alex Smith has wins too.

In fact there are Only 4/5 STARTING QBs in the playoffs this year with playoff wins. Brady, Manning, Rogers and Flacco. (Unless Schaub has a win, I can't remember)

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: