Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Behind Enemy Lines Intel-Pittsburgh Linked to Ray Malauga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Behind Enemy Lines Intel-Pittsburgh Linked to Ray Malauga Reply with quote

What's your opinion on him seeing him for the last four to five seasons. Is he miscast in the wrong defense, or is he just an average player?

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Average to subpar player. Misses more tackles than he should, doesn't shed blocks as well as he should, and he's pretty mediocre in coverage. Plus he doesn't blitz well. He's had free shots at QBs multiple times this season where he hesitates or slips and then doesn't get the sack.

Very annoying seeing your ILB Foote even at his age being great at blitzing but Maualuga sucking at it...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Average to subpar player. Misses more tackles than he should, doesn't shed blocks as well as he should, and he's pretty mediocre in coverage. Plus he doesn't blitz well. He's had free shots at QBs multiple times this season where he hesitates or slips and then doesn't get the sack.

Very annoying seeing your ILB Foote even at his age being great at blitzing but Maualuga sucking at it...

This......

Maualuga has played much better 2nd half of the season, but that was from a very low base.

We have a ready made replacement for him in Vontaze Burfict, who even as a UDFA rookie, was helping coach-up Maualuga.

Not fussed if we re-sign him or not, but definately not at top $$$$$$$$

I suspect Marvin Lewis likes Burfict enough to let Maualuga walk...... Bengals need to focus their $$$$$'s on getting Andre Smith, Michael Johnson and Geno Atkins extended IMO
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rey might actually play better in a 3-4, much the saame way JSmith and ABrooks flourished in san Fran. Pitt should roll out the big bucks for him.
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maualuga has been a huge bust, IMO. He doesn't play with the same tenacity and fire that he played with at USC, IMO. I don't think he'll ever flourish in Cincinnati. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good and he would become the player I hoped he'd be. I don't know...

He's very poor in pass coverage and looks like he's always playing about half-speed. He misses too many tackles and isn't great at shedding blocks. I can't remember the last time he pressured a QB.

I wouldn't shell out big money for him if I was another team (or the Bengals). Maybe a two year deal making him an average-paid MLB, because that's basically what he's been during his time in Cincy... very average (and that's being kind).
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Rey might actually play better in a 3-4, much the saame way JSmith and ABrooks flourished in san Fran. Pitt should roll out the big bucks for him.

I think he'd be a disaster in the 3-4. He'd have to take on more linemen.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I think he'd be a disaster in the 3-4. He'd have to take on more linemen.

You missed the sarcasm Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: