Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Emery
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athelite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Emery Reply with quote

Emery really excites me moving forward. I think he is going to be an all time legend here for us over the next decade or two. For some reason I just feel like he gets it, he is willing to look at something and do what ever it takes to fix it, unlike the previous failure of a gm who would just accept the status quo. I just read the article from espn about him describing Urlachers injuries last year and he really just comes off as a true football guy.

heres the article

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4681762/emery-mum-on-urlachers-future-with-bears#more

^Takeonme^
Sr7252

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have the whole conference?
Los Osos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
Anyone have the whole conference?

I'm sure the Score does. It was really interesting.
BearDown79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone could post a link to the presser here that would be great. Thanks!

Jamison with the sig
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like him as well. Everything he does seems to have been well-thought out. The Marshall trade came out of the blue as did his most recent incident in Miami, but then we find out that the Bears knew about that before trading for him and were willing to work with it. Then immediately after Lovie is fired we hear about them setting up interviews already.

Angelo never would have sought out the Marshall trade and he would wait another 2 weeks to fire Lovie and then hire some high school special teams assistant coach.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I really like him as well. Everything he does seems to have been well-thought out. The Marshall trade came out of the blue as did his most recent incident in Miami, but then we find out that the Bears knew about that before trading for him and were willing to work with it. Then immediately after Lovie is fired we hear about them setting up interviews already.

Angelo never would have sought out the Marshall trade and he would wait another 2 weeks to fire Lovie and then hire some high school special teams assistant coach.

Wat did yuo say

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

Once again I have to call foul on Lovie here.....even if you look at the way he treated DJ Moore when he acted out....or Tank Johnson. Lovie was just as against taking risks as Angelo.

I know it doesnt matter now anyway but I think you guys need to realize that Lovie and Angelo were a TEAM! Both were from Tampa, both were conservative, Lovie in coaching, Angelo in personnel moves. To this day I still dont understand how Lovie gets such a pass.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Once again I have to call foul on Lovie here.....even if you look at the way he treated DJ Moore when he acted out....or Tank Johnson. Lovie was just as against taking risks as Angelo.

I know it doesnt matter now anyway but I think you guys need to realize that Lovie and Angelo were a TEAM! Both were from Tampa, both were conservative, Lovie in coaching, Angelo in personnel moves. To this day I still dont understand how Lovie gets such a pass.

Because he's such a nice guy and is so well respected by his players and peers. At least that's what most of the posters on this forum are saying in his defense.

While it's true that he has so much loyalty from his players and he's done a lot of good things for the Bears organization over his tenure, that shouldn't be an argument to have given him another pass for all the coaching blunders he's made over the last couple of years. It was time to move in a different direction.

I'm sure Lovie will get back on his feet quickly in some coaching capacity and I wish him the best of luck going forward. Hopefully he can learn from this past experience and get better in some areas of coaching.
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

I recall reading a rumor that Lovie was against the Cutler trade and would of preferred Orton and the picks to build the defense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Emery's attitude and he certainly seems to be less of an idiot than Jerry Angelo, but time will tell if what he's doing now will pay off.
abdi7451

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I like Emery's attitude and he certainly seems to be less of an idiot than Jerry Angelo, but time will tell if what he's doing now will pay off.

Yea, I'm gonna hold off on judgement till I see our new coach.

Btw, Jordan Lynch > Notre Dame + Alabama

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
Badger75

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By this time next season the Vikings and Packers will be vying for the playoffs as the Lions and Bears are trying to avoid the bottom.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
By this time next season the Vikings and Packers will be vying for the playoffs as the Lions and Bears are trying to avoid the bottom.

Right and whats the winning lottery number Badger? Ill take advantage of that crystal ball.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abdi7451 wrote:

Well Alabama is just better than everybody, which will be evident when they go Oliver Cromwell all over the Fighting Irish.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
abdi7451 wrote:

Well Alabama is just better than everybody, which will be evident when they go Oliver Cromwell all over the Fighting Irish.
Are you as sure of that as you were the Jordan Lynch > Notre Dame prediction, seeing as how he looked pedestrian-like last night?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: