Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Devin Hester considers retiring from NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36378
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should still have some solid years left, I doubt he retires though.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20922
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Fine, technically a Punter is in the HOF.

But what else did Hester do outside of special teams to deserve a hall of fame spot? Nothing. Hester was purely a special teams teams player, therefore, he doesnt deserve to be in the hall.

Special teams is an entire third of the game. It's ridiculous that there aren't any pure punters and only one kicker in the HoF.



Because you have Offense, Defense and yes ST, it is a third of the game.

When you look at the # of plays in the game, and split them up offensively, defensively and ST wise, it isn't close to a third.

That is a big difference
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 23057
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit whinning like a baby. All this was is Hester voicing his displeasure with management and coming up with the bright idea how best to screw them over as they did Lovie in his opinion. Eventually common sense will prevail, he will talk with his Wife who will immediately say get the hell over it and get that money while you can. I'd be almost as surprised as I was when Barry Sanders retired early if indeed Hester follows through with this BS!
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 6 Gm/ 27 Rec/ 445 Yds/ 4 TD/ 16.5 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7759
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
What a drama queen.


very well said. only reason he would come out and say what he did was most likely just for him to try and become somewhat relevant again..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8613
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Lions fans everywhere rejoiced.

(If he actually follows through)
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7759
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way he walks away while he is still able to collect himself a check. Its not like he has to do much.. and still gets paid.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83785
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont see it happening, but you never know.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1542
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's said some stuff like this before, too; not as blatantly mind you but I'll believe it when I see it.

Not to sound like a jerk, but his time in Chicago is done anyway. Great memories but good riddance. I think it's kind of ironic how he defends the Bears management when they were most likely responsible for hyping him up as a receiver and not just let him return kicks like he should have been doing.

Ugh, talented wasted in Chicago. When is a new story going to develop here?
_________________
Newest Mock Draft .:. 1.11.13

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoBruin


Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 11495
Location: Santa Clarita, CA, USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Hall of famer?

He's a return specialist. Absolutely not.


He's arguably the greatest returner of all-time. He doesn't deserve the Hall of Fame at all because he's the best returner?

We have punters in the Hall of Fame, and their job is to give the ball away; why doesn't someone who can potentially score you a touchdown every chance he gets the ball get a chance at the Hall of Fame?

Return TDs are widely overvalued in the grand scheme of things.

Did not play a Hall of Fame worthy role.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74405
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
He's arguably the greatest returner of all-time. He doesn't deserve the Hall of Fame at all because he's the best returner?

We have punters in the Hall of Fame, and their job is to give the ball away; why doesn't someone who can potentially score you a touchdown every chance he gets the ball get a chance at the Hall of Fame?

we do?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9512
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Key word got left out here...

"Emotional Devin Hester says he is considering retiring from NFL."


Sounds like he's just upset about Lovie's firing. He'll likely come around.


We need a KR, and some depth a WR... Plus we may get Love Smith, just saying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Gene


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hester said he's been stressed by what's transpired on the field. After establishing himself as one of the greatest returners in NFL history, Hester tried to make the transition to impact receiver, but that never happened. He had 57 catches in 2009, but that's gone down each subsequent season, and he had 23 this season.

"Not being able to showcase my talents the way I want them to be able to be showcased, it's stressful," Hester said.


Quote:
"I feel like I've done enough in the league to where I established myself (as) one of the elite players to ever play the game," he said.
I hope he retires. Save the Bears the trouble of releasing him, which is surely going to happen. He became irrelevant the moment they changed the kick/return rules.

I like that he's pissed about the Bears not "showcasing" his "talent." Suuuuper surprising that they didn't want to shocase any more drops, incorrect routes, or falling down untouched in the middle of the field while the ball that would have hit him in the chest is picked off!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene wrote:
Quote:
Hester said he's been stressed by what's transpired on the field. After establishing himself as one of the greatest returners in NFL history, Hester tried to make the transition to impact receiver, but that never happened. He had 57 catches in 2009, but that's gone down each subsequent season, and he had 23 this season.

"Not being able to showcase my talents the way I want them to be able to be showcased, it's stressful," Hester said.


Quote:
"I feel like I've done enough in the league to where I established myself (as) one of the elite players to ever play the game," he said.
I hope he retires. Save the Bears the trouble of releasing him, which is surely going to happen. He became irrelevant the moment they changed the kick/return rules.

I like that he's pissed about the Bears not "showcasing" his "talent." Suuuuper surprising that they didn't want to shocase any more drops, incorrect routes, or falling down untouched in the middle of the field while the ball that would have hit him in the chest is picked off!


he became irrelevant the moment they forced him to become an impact wide out....that was a terrible idea
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gene


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Gene wrote:
Quote:
Hester said he's been stressed by what's transpired on the field. After establishing himself as one of the greatest returners in NFL history, Hester tried to make the transition to impact receiver, but that never happened. He had 57 catches in 2009, but that's gone down each subsequent season, and he had 23 this season.

"Not being able to showcase my talents the way I want them to be able to be showcased, it's stressful," Hester said.


Quote:
"I feel like I've done enough in the league to where I established myself (as) one of the elite players to ever play the game," he said.
I hope he retires. Save the Bears the trouble of releasing him, which is surely going to happen. He became irrelevant the moment they changed the kick/return rules.

I like that he's pissed about the Bears not "showcasing" his "talent." Suuuuper surprising that they didn't want to shocase any more drops, incorrect routes, or falling down untouched in the middle of the field while the ball that would have hit him in the chest is picked off!


he became irrelevant the moment they forced him to become an impact wide out....that was a terrible idea
Oh, they didn't force him. When they were trying to re-sign him after his initial success as a returner, he demanded a receiver contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Gene wrote:
Quote:
Hester said he's been stressed by what's transpired on the field. After establishing himself as one of the greatest returners in NFL history, Hester tried to make the transition to impact receiver, but that never happened. He had 57 catches in 2009, but that's gone down each subsequent season, and he had 23 this season.

"Not being able to showcase my talents the way I want them to be able to be showcased, it's stressful," Hester said.


Quote:
"I feel like I've done enough in the league to where I established myself (as) one of the elite players to ever play the game," he said.
I hope he retires. Save the Bears the trouble of releasing him, which is surely going to happen. He became irrelevant the moment they changed the kick/return rules.

I like that he's pissed about the Bears not "showcasing" his "talent." Suuuuper surprising that they didn't want to shocase any more drops, incorrect routes, or falling down untouched in the middle of the field while the ball that would have hit him in the chest is picked off!


he became irrelevant the moment they forced him to become an impact wide out....that was a terrible idea
Oh, they didn't force him. When they were trying to re-sign him after his initial success as a returner, he demanded a receiver contract.
Actually no, he demanded a lot of well deserved money as the best returner in the game, and a game changer, the Bears creatively packaged that money so that he would earn a good chunk of change if he ever became a #1 WR, which he never did.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group