Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Usual Suspects...?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: The Usual Suspects...? Reply with quote

-Eagles Mafia-

Let's cut straight to the chase: Players are citing problematic individuals in the locker room. Who are they?

Many are speaking, some may be telling the truth, others may be lying.
Who is your #1 suspect?

What we know:
Jeremy Maclin
Quote:
"I think we’ve got to respect each other. If you respect somebody, you’re more willing to go out there and play for that person or play for a purpose. I think the lack of respect that maybe some guys have for other guys definitely hurt us.”

Quote:
“I do think the lack of… I guess, how everybody viewed each other,” Maclin said. “I don’t think everybody viewed each other like a team should."

Quote:
“I’m talking about guys who have been in this league and should understand how to be a pro, I feel like, weren’t acting that way. Period. And that’s all I’m going to say about it. That’s what it was. Guys I felt like should have been pros, have been in this league and understand how things go, wasn’t acting like it.”

Michael Vick
Quote:
"It's all about focus, dedication and commitment," Vick said, via CSN Philly. "Until you get guys who are willing to better themselves week in and week out and want to win, you're not going to win. And I haven't played with guys like that. It's unfortunate for Coach thing[s] turned out the way they are. It could have been a lot better. This locker room could have dictated that."

Quote:
"I give 110 percent effort," he said. "My body is scarred up all year. I'm hurt, I'm bruised, get up after every hit and still try and fight and push. I do that for my coaches. I do that for my teammates. And I would expect the same thing in return."

Jason Avant
Quote:
“But one thing I do know is that we need guys who will buy into a system, no matter if it’s Coach (Andy) Reid’s system or anything else. I’m hoping and praying it’s Coach Reid. But if that’s not the case, we’re still going to (need to) have the players to be responsible and also accountable and not to allow the amenities of the NFL to distract them from what the game is really about, which is playing hard for the team; playing hard for the City of Philadelphia. I think that was part of the distraction.”

Quote:
“When people don’t go as hard as they ought to or they lay down or different things like that, it’s a reflection of the players and the type of individuals that you have out there,” Avant said. “I think it’s one of those things that has to be corrected for next year. I think that has to be a total buying in by the players for the coaching staff.”

Lesean McCoy
Quote:
Asked how many Eagles players let Reid down, McCoy said, “Tons, tons of guys."

Quote:
“I think guys made a lot of excuses,” McCoy said. “Guys maybe weren’t playing up to par, guys weren’t focusing enough, guys making a certain amount of money, not putting out. So I think guys were looking for excuses.”

Quote:
“I don’t think they did,” McCoy said. “I don’t think some players did at all. That’s obvious. You see some of the scores, you see some of the plays, you see some of the stuff happening. You don’t see Coach Reid out there just making errors like that. I think some of the things you’re asking me are obvious. Did guys lay it down on the line? I mean, you see the games.”

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suspects:
Maclin's quotes seem to sound like Jason Babin, as he cited veterans were not acting professionally. Babin was also released with his cancerous partner, Washburn (though not simultaneously).

Vick sounds like Jackson and Cromartie, perhaps Nate Allen and Nnamdi. Vick cites giving up his body and health for the team, and he expects the same. These are soft guys who didn't do that very often.

Avant just seems to be speaking to the cubic crap ton of free agents we brought in. Both Roseman and Lurie cited the need to tone down our free agency spending, which ruined chemistry.

McCoy seems to be speaking of Jackson, citing money. Who else could it be? Perhaps Nnamdi as well, as Lesean pointed that people were making more money than they were worth.

Is Desean Jackson being awfully quiet or what?

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

oland11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely Babin, Jackson, Scrabble, DRC.
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Most likely Babin, Jackson, Scrabble, DRC.

Jackson's on IR and Babin is in Jacksonville, so they get a pass.
Here's a list of player reactions.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Players-React-To-End-Of-Reids-Tenure/9e743751-1bdd-45f2-a5b9-e257beb99a67

A lot of names there. DRC and Nnamdi had both been very vocal all year. Why so quiet now?

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

eagles26

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial reaction/guess/whatever was Nnamdi, Babin, and/or DRC.

By commenter you posted:
-Maclin: Definitely pointing the finger at the veterans, possibly even ones that were great teammates but weren't acting like it.

-Vick: Went after guys that didn't seem to improve (or want to improve) or give full effort.

-Avant/McCoy: Goes after guys who play for money, not for the team.

Still looks like Nnamdi, Babin, and/or DRC: all veterans that were continuously crappy and had big contracts. Interesting that the more out-spoken guys are all offensive. Wonder if there's animosity (understandably) between offense and defense?

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I think there was a schism between the Dline and the rest of the D. And both sides as well.

We all know the reports that Wash had a little club and I think that was the big issue on this team. And Babin was his LiL buddy and fits everything we heard.

With how bad both sides played I think the finger pointing on top of that of which side's fault it was continued to divide the locker-room.

I wonder how good of teammate Vick was when he was benched....he could be who Avant and Maclin were talking about .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I wonder how good of teammate Vick was when he was benched....he could be who Avant and Maclin were talking about .

I sympathize with Vick in-so-far as his effort on the field is concerned. He's a bad quarterback, but it's not like he isn't trying. Plus he was getting plastered and somehow survived long enough until Ernie Sims' under-bite put an end to him.

He called the players only meeting, where we know guys like Avant and surprisingly Maclin spoke up.

I think the young guys who look up to Vick really wanted him to take control of the team, but never did. There was another article I can't find now where Vick explained he tried to take a modest approach, ala lead by example.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Phire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go:
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2012/12/michael_vick_i_should_have_cal.html

Michael Vick: I should have called troubled Eagles players out
Quote:
"I should have done it," Vick said. "But I tried to take the modest approach, I tried to lead by example. I held a team meeting and tried to help guys recommit. It was still the same thing over and over again."

Quote:
"I'm not going to tell a grown man the same thing twice because the reason I ended up incarcerated was because people told me the same thing over and over again and I didn't listen. I feel like if you don't learn in the first go-around, you disregard it. You just deal with the consequences because there will always be consequences."

It's definitely a lot more than just DRC, Jackson, Nnamdi, and Babin. Four or five guys won't spur this type of reaction, especially when one of the above was cut and another on IR.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are crazy if you dont think they aren't talking about DeSean Jackson. He formed a close bond with those guys and then turned his back on on every one last year cause he wasn't get paid, he quit on national TV remember. How could you ever trust this guy or could things be the same between him and every one else? Andy gambled on it thinking he would get every one paid and it would all smooth over again but the issue became more they let DeSean cross the line and he was now in his mind welcome to cross it again when ever. Players aren't dumb and have little trust to go around. They wont ever forget.

Quote:
DeSean Jackson has shut it down. Totally, undeniably, without question, without shame, unabashedly shut it the hell down. Jackson has quit on his team.

There was a shot of Jackson sitting on the Eagles bench during the team’s humiliating loss to a bad Seattle team and Vince Young was speaking to Jackson and Jackson just stared off into the distance.

Everyone who saw that knew what they had just witnessed: an uninterested receiver who had checked out on the season.

Quote:
They should have anticipated this with Jackson. I could have told you Jackson was going to ask for the check if he didn’t get a new deal and if I knew, the Eagles should have. They should have paid Jackson or traded him. Those were the two options. The Eagles tried to do some sort of combo of those two options.

I find it difficult to believe Eagles players trust Jackson. Same with the coaching staff.

In that game on Thursday night, Young was fighting hard. Other Eagles were fighting their asses off. Jackson, um, was not.

Because Jackson has flat out quit

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/33626277

Its the truth.

DeSean thinks hes a celebrity. Hes been treated like one most of his life. He has always thought he was above others and will be in demand no matter what. It eventually rubs humbler harder working team mates the wrong way and in a way its to hard to repair.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
baconrad3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maclin seems like one of the more vocal leaders on the team....Him, Avant, and Shady are definitely three guys out there who give a crap on every play.

I do feel bad for Vick. I mean, he sucked this year...but the dude was trying his butt off. I respect his work ethic and I do hope he can find some success wherever he goes...he deserves it.

Wonder what kind of approach Howie and Lurie are gonna take to this stuff in terms of signing/cutting guys...Will they resign DRC? Cut Nnamdi?

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting a lot of cuts, some may be unexpected. Then we will know the truth.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean
Babin
DRC
Cullen Jenkins
Nate Allen
Nnamdi
Mattress
Derek Landri

Are all names that spring to mind

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mattress is an interesting one.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
McCoy seems to be speaking of Jackson, citing money. Who else could it be? Perhaps Nnamdi as well, as Lesean pointed that people were making more money than they were worth

I disagree. I don't think that was directed towards Desean Jackson in the least. I'm not getting where all of this hate is coming from based off 2012, not 2011. IMO it is without a doubt talking about DRC pi$$ poor effort worrying about his next contract and not getting injured ala Desean. Babin without a doubt because he felt self entitled and comfortable coming off 2011 and with Washburn having his back and Yes Nnamdi for the effort put forth at times in games. So for his comments I'd go with DRC, Babin and Nam. Another player flying under the radar who probably had a tempertantrum or two after his benching and FA contract was probably Bell.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick is one of the main culprits. Every time he is interviewed he has this "I" attitude. He was arguably the worst QB in the league and when the Eagles bring up renegotiating his contract, he takes to the media and slaps management down. Combine that with his brothers mouth all season and you have a problem child. Thank God this cancer will be cut out soon.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: