Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers release RB Brandon Jacobs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
I'd honestly rather just stick it out with Akers... I trust him enough inside 40. I just hope he trusts himself. I don't like him very much at this point but you couldn't pick a worse time to get a new kicker.

I don't know... kickers usually have that "honeymoon" period, where they're perfect early on. It's like, they know they're auditioning for the job, so their concentration is top notch. At this point, Akers knows that even with good playoffs, we will be looking to replace him in the offseason, just based on the the terrible regular season he just had. I think he's done, mentally.

Yes, but what if we kick Akers aside (pun intended) and the new guy stinks it up even worse? At least with Akers we know what we're getting: automatic from inside 40, 50/50 from 40+. I'm fine with that...

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
I'd honestly rather just stick it out with Akers... I trust him enough inside 40. I just hope he trusts himself. I don't like him very much at this point but you couldn't pick a worse time to get a new kicker.

I don't know... kickers usually have that "honeymoon" period, where they're perfect early on. It's like, they know they're auditioning for the job, so their concentration is top notch. At this point, Akers knows that even with good playoffs, we will be looking to replace him in the offseason, just based on the the terrible regular season he just had. I think he's done, mentally.

Yes, but what if we kick Akers aside (pun intended) and the new guy stinks it up even worse? At least with Akers we know what we're getting: automatic from inside 40, 50/50 from 40+. I'm fine with that...

What if we're trailing by one, 2 seconds left, lined up for a 53 yarder, when Akers already made a 41 yard field goal earlier in the game? Wink

I guess a try-out will be somewhat of a pressure-filled situation, at least for Akers. The others have nothing to lose. Akers does have something to lose. If he clearly looks better than the others in the tryouts, then we go with him, I guess. But I think the trust is broken. We'll see. I expect a few more 4th and short conversions to be attempted, in place of a field goal attempt.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i came in here to talk about the bum that is Brandon jacobs only to find out that this thread has been hijacked by david akers talk

rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
wow i came in here to talk about the bum that is Brandon jacobs only to find out that this thread has been hijacked by david akers talk

I don't even know how that happened...

Brandon Jacobs tweeted his way out of the league for the moment. His next contract should have twitter-related provisions.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why the nfl should ban twitter use most of these guys have no common sense

FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
LANiner wrote:

I don't even know how that happened...

Brandon Jacobs tweeted his way out of the league for the moment. His next contract should have twitter-related provisions.

lol I don't know how it happened either, partly my fault tho. Smile but Jacobs, I didn't like the signing at first, then he showed a little life, a little fuel left in the tank, then he got hurt, then he was inactive for 12 straight weeks or whatever, then he started getting in LMJ's head, then he spewed off more on Twitter about not wanting to be here, and then I realized I was correct. We should have never bothered with him in the first place. Good riddance, BJ27/45! ya scrub.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: