Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coaching Vacancies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Coaching Vacancies Reply with quote

Who will fill the vacant coaching positions for each team? Here is my list:

1.Eagles-I think the Eagles will be coached by Mike Holmgren. Holmgren will twerk the West Coast offense and maybe draft a more mobile QB in the later rounds.

2.Cardinals-Andy Reid and Mike Vick will head into the Wild Wild West and reinvigorate Arizona's offense. Vick and Kolb will battle it out but I see Kolb being cut. Reid will draft a QB in the later round to run his system after Vick is hurt/retires.

3.Bills-I see Lovie Smith ending up here. The Bills have the front 4 to potentially dominate but have underachieved. Lovie and staff will draft a passrusher to help Super Mario and Buffalo will start to achieve sucess.

4.Chargers-John Gruden returns! I see him going back to Cali and he has the skill positions to excel. He will implement the West Coast offense and bring in someone to run his 34 scheme.

5.Browns-Bruce Arians will take over in Cleveland. Love him or hate him but he had Indy stabilized after he was thrust into replacing Pagano. Yes Colts are a playoff caliber team minus a QB last year but he did his job.

6.Chiefs-Mike Nolan will take over and continue to bild his defensive reputation with KC. I see him bringing in an offensive mineded coach to run his offense.

7.Bears-I'm leaning toward Broncos McCoy. Don't know much about him but maybe he can work and straighten out Cutler. Guy has tremendous talent but awful mechanics. Defensive coordinator will stay.

Who do you think will go where and why?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't Mike Zimmer being mentioned for any of these openings?

...you have a forum resume?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

Agreed. He constantly gets overlooked.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

I don't feel Zimmer is well respected in the NFL. He has done a great job since I've ever heard of him yet to me, it seems like he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

On another note, Christian Michaels is someone you were high on last year. How do you feel about him now?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

He has the Bengals #6 in total defense, #8 in points per game. Last year they were #7 in total defense, and #9 in points per game. I have absolutely no idea, how someone who turns around a Bengals D is not being considered. Meanwhile, I think Arians is getting way too much praise and overhyped. But as long as he doesn't call plays, I guess he might be a solid coach.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think another guy that might get looks is Jack Del Rio. He had the Broncos D in top form right now.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: