Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you want as HC in 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, honestly who would like to have Bill Belichick as their coach? Honestly?? Chip Kelly to me is a younger BB but better. He is a football genius that could put this team on the map. IMO

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
Guys, honestly who would like to have Bill Belichick as their coach? Honestly?? Chip Kelly to me is a younger BB but better. He is a football genius that could put this team on the map. IMO

Just...what?

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a lot of thinking about it, I think we might just be better off keeping Ron Rivera. Only 2 coaches I'm truly interested in. Tom Clements from Greenbay and possibly Chip Kelly. I'm not a fan of Rivera but he did have this defense, despite the lack of talent in the secondary, playing great and we've been an extremely competitive team.

However, barring an injury to the quarterback position or just a rash of injuries like we've never seen before, if we lose games in the same fashion next year as we have the past 2 years, he definitely needs to go.

With all of that said, I don't think Rivera stays. Just see the GM wanting to go a different direction. But if he likes Rivera, I say he stays unless they feel they have a good chance at getting either of those 2 guys above. Maybe Roman as mentioned earlier - like what he has done with SF's offense and he's learned from Jim Harbaugh, which might be a big thing I'm looking at when dealing with coordinators. I think the biggest issue with Rivera, and the reason I'm still a bit worried about keeping him, is Norv Turner and the tendency to have his teams underachieving. Which is why I like Clements a lot too. He's been a fantastic QB coach, really helping Aaron Rodgers a lot with his mechanics (which were not good coming out) and a great offensive coordinator as well who, despite injuries to the running backs, has maintained a balanced attack or at least tried to down there in Greenbay. And with all of that, he's been able to learn from Mike McCarthy, who is great at not getting conservative. Greenbay is always still bringing the punch.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Why is there momentum for Chip Kelly? College coaches generally don't excel in the NFL.

greg schiano improved team by 3 wins
pete carroll got two playoff berths, including a win
jim harbaugh, #2 seed two years in a row
steve spurrier refused to adjust from his college offense
nick saban treated everyone like a kid and had a bad attitude iirc
chan gailey is in buffalo and lol buffalo they always suck

pretty much the same success rate as coordinators or retreads.

Pete carrol and schiano have coached in the nfl before. Harbaugh was destine for the nfl. Chip Kelly is just like Spurrier right now when he made his leap to the NFL.
Panthers27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stability with the coaching staff is key for success. There is a reason why teams like the Browns fire a coach every year and always draft in the top 5. That is the problem with the NFL today, everybody wants some genius coach that will never make a bad decision and will turn the team into a winner the first day on the job, when realistically it takes time! Yes, we had playoff hopes this year and once again we had another disappointing season, but I think we can all agree the team was improving in leaps and bounds (especially on defense) and that the team, which had nothing to play for, was playing very hard for Ron Rivera.

Rivera isn't the greatest coach in the world, but he is still learning. He really needs to sit down and figure out how to take timeouts at the right time, his clock management is terrible. Other people have mentioned also he needs to work on half time adjustments, and I'd like to see him be more hands on with the players during the game, especially defensive players. Sometimes it just seems like he is a fan just watching the game.

Next season I think we'll really figure out what kind of head coach Ron Rivera is. If we can get a good GM that can make smart decisions and add some talent than Rivera will have no more excuses. We should def be in the playoff hunt next season and if we are not than I can't see Ron Rivera staying.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Why is there momentum for Chip Kelly? College coaches generally don't excel in the NFL.

greg schiano improved team by 3 wins
pete carroll got two playoff berths, including a win
jim harbaugh, #2 seed two years in a row
steve spurrier refused to adjust from his college offense
nick saban treated everyone like a kid and had a bad attitude iirc
chan gailey is in buffalo and lol buffalo they always suck

pretty much the same success rate as coordinators or retreads.

Pete carrol and schiano have coached in the nfl before. Harbaugh was destine for the nfl. Chip Kelly is just like Spurrier right now when he made his leap to the NFL.
Nah. SPurrier is a golfing him and ha guy. WOrd is he didn't put time in. He didn't prep enough then tried bringing his old Florida players to him to rekindle success.

Honestly how much success would BB have with Danny Wuerful.

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: