Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17: Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatd be an amazing poster! Laughing

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
This is hilarious.

love it! Laughing Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
This is hilarious.

love it! Laughing Wink

That is awesome Laughing
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I would play the exact same D against Seattle. Make Wilson have to throw the ball. Romo once again proved how he can't handle the pressure (1-6 in win or go home games). Love the win, HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your right. Guys believe it or not from what I notice when we blitz 6-8 guys our D gets much better. Look at the dallas game if we had our starting safties and carriker and orakpo our blitzing would be much better but since we are doing it we now play to our secondary strength which cant cover to good but are ball hawks espically Hall and wilson. We need to play man to man much more in press coverage obviously IMO Cowboys should of never had 18 points ,they had a great field position with a PR and a TD that should of been 5 yards back.

Even in the eagles and browns and ravens game if you notice when we zoned every one and rush 4 we get killed but when we blitz 6-8 guys we cause turn overs and stops. We are what we are a blitzing D which we should of done all year long . Blitz wilson Im not afraid of him just because he beat a bad cardinals team and a bad Bills D?. Please.

If we zone hard he'll torch us but if we blitz man to man and zone blitz he is ours. The Cowboys IMO are more deadly than they are on offense considering all that historical O crap they tried to bring up.

Two things:
1. The Cowboys offensive line is hot garbage. They couldn't pick up a blitz to save anyone's life, much less Romo's. So, the blitzing was spectacularly effective.

2. For reasons that I do not fully understand, Garrett and the Cowboys seemed to ignore the middle of the field where most of the blitzers were vacating. When you have a sure-fire Hall of Fame tight end, why aren't you using him in the middle of the field, a spot that other teams have used their tight ends and abused us regularly this season?

I'm not saying give up the blitz entirely. I just wouldn't assume that it will work the same wonders against a team with a better coach and/or offensive line.
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Dashing wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I would play the exact same D against Seattle. Make Wilson have to throw the ball. Romo once again proved how he can't handle the pressure (1-6 in win or go home games). Love the win, HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your right. Guys believe it or not from what I notice when we blitz 6-8 guys our D gets much better. Look at the dallas game if we had our starting safties and carriker and orakpo our blitzing would be much better but since we are doing it we now play to our secondary strength which cant cover to good but are ball hawks espically Hall and wilson. We need to play man to man much more in press coverage obviously IMO Cowboys should of never had 18 points ,they had a great field position with a PR and a TD that should of been 5 yards back.

Even in the eagles and browns and ravens game if you notice when we zoned every one and rush 4 we get killed but when we blitz 6-8 guys we cause turn overs and stops. We are what we are a blitzing D which we should of done all year long . Blitz wilson Im not afraid of him just because he beat a bad cardinals team and a bad Bills D?. Please.

If we zone hard he'll torch us but if we blitz man to man and zone blitz he is ours. The Cowboys IMO are more deadly than they are on offense considering all that historical O crap they tried to bring up.

Two things:
1. The Cowboys offensive line is hot garbage. They couldn't pick up a blitz to save anyone's life, much less Romo's. So, the blitzing was spectacularly effective.

2. For reasons that I do not fully understand, Garrett and the Cowboys seemed to ignore the middle of the field where most of the blitzers were vacating. When you have a sure-fire Hall of Fame tight end, why aren't you using him in the middle of the field, a spot that other teams have used their tight ends and abused us regularly this season?

I'm not saying give up the blitz entirely. I just wouldn't assume that it will work the same wonders against a team with a better coach and/or offensive line.

Romo was running for his life and could barely turn back around to throw the ball to the middle of the field, but they should have made it more of an option, yes.
Wilson, being more athletic might exploit that better

Occupying running lanes and forcing Wilson to make plays under duress might be the best strategy too. I imagine they will mix it up quite a bit in this one though to really make Wilson wonder when the blitz is coming
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Two things:

Simple answer on 1 and 2 Woz. The Cowboys OLINE isn't actually that bad. The reason that they didn't pick up the blitz isn't so much that they are hot garbage. It's that their QB is hot garbage. Romo is easily confused pre-snap and has no idea how to slide protection to save his bacon. He is probably the worst pre-snap QB in the league. Cowboys fans have been blaming the OLINE since 2006 but it's Romo that is clueless and as Antonio Pierce said in 2010 (See link below) Romo is susceptible to being fooled (thank you Jackson for that INT)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8185cc19/Tricks-of-the-trade

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
Woz wrote:
Two things:

Simple answer on 1 and 2 Woz. The Cowboys OLINE isn't actually that bad. The reason that they didn't pick up the blitz isn't so much that they are hot garbage. It's that their QB is hot garbage. Romo is easily confused pre-snap and has no idea how to slide protection to save his bacon. He is probably the worst pre-snap QB in the league. Cowboys fans have been blaming the OLINE since 2006 but it's Romo that is clueless and as Antonio Pierce said in 2010 (See link below) Romo is susceptible to being fooled (thank you Jackson for that INT)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8185cc19/Tricks-of-the-trade
great breakdown. Thanks

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: