Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13457
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508757
What of the best mocks I've seen for us! 5 rounds. I would love this. All our needs covered with great talent. Maybe a nt needed



Werner that late in the first and Ertz in the third... it would be wonderful, but it does seem very unlikely.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9591
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree Rudy. I said that in the thread. But I love every pick. Sylvester Williams could push himself to round 1 as a 34 de or penetrating dt with a good offseason.


GUYS TO WATCH IN BOWLS LIST:
Ryan otten. Te. San Jose state.
Chris jones. De/dt. Bowling green. (12.5 sacks this season at dt)
David fales. Qb. San Jose state. (Might declare, new staff, good season. I there late, could be nice. Very efficient and accurate.)
travis Johnson. De/olb. San Jose state
David Quessenberry. Ot. San Jose state
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40270
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassius Marsh should have been on that list too. He's an interesting one, and could be a mid-rounder to keep in mind when thinking of an heir apparent to Justin.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LANiner


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 554
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508757
What of the best mocks I've seen for us! 5 rounds. I would love this. All our needs covered with great talent. Maybe a nt needed



Werner that late in the first and Ertz in the third... it would be wonderful, but it does seem very unlikely.


even so not a big fan of this draft to many de with top 4 picks we have other needs and bjoern werner at this point would have to play olb in our scheme.

one guy i wouldnt mind moving up the draft for is Sheldon Richardson we are loaded with picks this year this guy is my fav DE prospect this year has a big mouth and a non stop motor to prove it
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LANiner


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 554
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and as far as tight ends go i would love for the niners to pick up either joseph furia from ucla or toilolo from stanford we need a big target te weve been lacking since the great billy bajema lol
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2120
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
and as far as tight ends go i would love for the niners to pick up either joseph furia from ucla or toilolo from stanford we need a big target te weve been lacking since the great billy bajema lol


Sheldon Richardson is my favorite 34 DE prospect in this year's draft as well. Unfortunately I'm predicting by the combine he'll be a top 15 pick. Who knows though? Maybe he bombs the interview and we can grab him.

I don't like Fauria though. Not for our offense. He's basically just a big WR. He really doesn't offer much as an inline blocker. I think CJ Fiedorowicz (sp?) will be the best TE from this class. He's like another tackle out there blocking and will probably test through the roof at the combine. If we can't get him in the second though Ryan Otten looks like he'll make a pretty fine player in his own right. Good blocker (not CJ good), big body, and soft hands are his trademark. This is actually a pretty stacked TE class with Eifert, the Stanford duo, Gavin Escobar, and a few others all expected to go in the early to mid rounds.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the picks we have this year, it would be a nice to move up in this years draft.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Johnathan Jenkins be a good fit at our NT?
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7266
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
LANiner wrote:
and as far as tight ends go i would love for the niners to pick up either joseph furia from ucla or toilolo from stanford we need a big target te weve been lacking since the great billy bajema lol


Sheldon Richardson is my favorite 34 DE prospect in this year's draft as well. Unfortunately I'm predicting by the combine he'll be a top 15 pick. Who knows though? Maybe he bombs the interview and we can grab him.

I don't like Fauria though. Not for our offense. He's basically just a big WR. He really doesn't offer much as an inline blocker. I think CJ Fiedorowicz (sp?) will be the best TE from this class. He's like another tackle out there blocking and will probably test through the roof at the combine. If we can't get him in the second though Ryan Otten looks like he'll make a pretty fine player in his own right. Good blocker (not CJ good), big body, and soft hands are his trademark. This is actually a pretty stacked TE class with Eifert, the Stanford duo, Gavin Escobar, and a few others all expected to go in the early to mid rounds.


If we are looking for swiss army knife type guy to replace delanie instead of s true tight end, then I think we may draft a wide out to convert to tight end. One guy I like is chad bumphis in the later rounds, but I doubt he could convert full time to tight end given that he's only 5'10 (though not a small 5'10" I'll grant him...205 pounds). But decent speed, could line up in the backfield, split wide or just off the line.

If we want to go earlier, I'd suggest maybe a Marcus Davis from va tech. Really good size and good speed for a dude that big. If he's willing to block, I could easily see him being able to hold up on the line
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14690
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508757
What of the best mocks I've seen for us! 5 rounds. I would love this. All our needs covered with great talent. Maybe a nt needed


It's too early for me to be thinking about individuals. But I wouldn't mind at all taking a top TE prospect and 3 d-linemen. In fact, I think our d-line need is so strong that taking three guys gives us multiple chances that at least one will turn into a future star and the others maybe solid starters or quality backups. A lower round (or a bit higher even) CB would be fine. RB is an interesting position for us. We seem solid, but if you think about Gore getting hurt, or perhaps going into rapid decline I wonder if we have anyone who can step in a do what he does for us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23279
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have scouting reports on kickers? The only one I've kept tabs on is Hopkins from FSU, and he has a pretty good leg.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13457
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Anyone have scouting reports on kickers? The only one I've kept tabs on is Hopkins from FSU, and he has a pretty good leg.



The only two I've had an eye on were Hopkins and Florida's Caleb Sturgis. Scouting report: they kick good.

Side note: I received my new jersey... an Andy Lee jersey. Am I weird to love a punter this much?
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you guys think of Sharrif Floyd from Florida?

I don't keep up with college football alot but I am working on a mock based on scouting reports I find online. From what I have seen, I really don't like the DEs towards the end of the first round. I am thinking either we take a guy like Floyd and groom him or take a TE Wink or trade down.

Edit: How do you guys feel about Giovani Bernard with our first? I hate saying this but Gore is hitting 30 next year and he's not getting any younger, not sure if LMJ can handle the load by himself yet and we aren't sure if Hunter will be ready for training camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Melbourne 9er


Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne - Australia
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the big requirement for a TE. Every time I see Celek get a run he seems to step up. I wouldn't mind getting a really good blocking TE later in the draft (6th - 7th rd) so that we wouldn't have to keep VD in as a blocker so often.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40270
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
what do you guys think of Sharrif Floyd from Florida?


Big fan. I like his quickness and leverage off the snap to penetrate, and he is also stout vs the run. Floyd would definitely be on my A list for late 1st rounders.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 14 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group