Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ending the romo era mock for fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Ending the romo era mock for fun Reply with quote

Not that Romo is worthless, but I'm tired of being teased only to fall short of anything significant. It isn't all his fault but Garrett needs to be able to create his own era in Dallas without the shadow of Romo always blowing it, even if that means taking a step back, seriously with how bad we've been lately how much of a step back in terms of wins would it really be? not a lot.

Cowboys trade Tony Romo and Felix Jones to the Arizona Cardinals for a 1st and 4th round pick.

Cowboys tag Spencer and trade him for a 2nd and 4th to the Patriots.

Cowboys trade Miles Austin for a 3rd to the Chicago Bears.

Cowboys hire Norv Turner as OC, retain Callahan as OL

7) Tyler Wilson QB - the bills need a qb and Wilson will probably go in the top 10 or 15, we take him at #7. He has legit nfl size, arm strength and toughness. He played in a tough conference and has a chance to be a star someday. Completed over 60% of his passes.

18) John Jenkins NT - this guy is a beast he is 6'3 358 and can be really disruptive up the middle and create a lot of problems. an impact NT who could move Ratliff to de or vice versa but will be a big help to our rush defense and pass defense and help our lbs make more plays

2nd rd) Chase Thomas OLB - smart player from Stanford who could start right away opposite Ware. plays hard and gives his all on the field, and can play both the run and pass and get sacks.

2nd from patriots) DJ Fluker RT - great size at 6'6 335, strength, great run blocker, good footwork and has potential to be a very good pass blocker

3) Larry Warford OG - get rid of burning deuce and plug this big boy in at RG huge upgrade. He is a good athlete for his size and good as a run and pass blocker

3 from Bears) Jonathan Cooper C/G - better fit at Center but can also play Guard, should be able to win the starting spot. He is quick and athletic and should be a boost for the run game.

4) Travis Frederick OG - big mauler who could replace Livings who was pretty garbage for the most part. Also has experience playing Center which is a big plus.

4 from Patriots) Landry Jones QB - strong arm QB who didn't live up to first round expectations but still had a good 65% and 29 tds to 10 ints. Orton Wilson and Jones can battle it out.

5) Kenjon Barner Rb - playmaking speed rb from Oregon who can catch the ball out of the backfield and be a backup to Murray.

6) Dominique Easley DE - coming off ACL in 2012, should be fully recovered in 2013, was a high recruit out of college and good athlete pass rusher.

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots just spent 2 firsts, or a 1st and 2nd, on outside pass rushers in the past draft, I highly doubt they would give up a 2nd for Spencer this year. If there was a team that needs an outside pass rush in the 3-4 we should look at Arizona, Jets, or even the Colts if Freeney leaves in free agency. Not even gonna acknowledge the Romo trade with a responce right now.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Ending the romo era mock for fun Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
Not that Romo is worthless, but I'm tired of being teased only to fall short of anything significant. It isn't all his fault but Garrett needs to be able to create his own era in Dallas without the shadow of Romo always blowing it, even if that means taking a step back, seriously with how bad we've been lately how much of a step back in terms of wins would it really be? not a lot.

Cowboys trade Tony Romo and Felix Jones to the Arizona Cardinals for a 1st and 4th round pick.

7) Tyler Wilson QB - the bills need a qb and Wilson will probably go in the top 10 or 15, we take him at #7. He has legit nfl size, arm strength and toughness. He played in a tough conference and has a chance to be a star someday. Completed over 60% of his passes.

1Cool John Jenkins NT - this guy is a beast he is 6'3 358 and can be really disruptive up the middle and create a lot of problems. an impact NT who could move Ratliff to de or vice versa but will be a big help to our rush defense and pass defense and help our lbs make more plays

2nd rd) Chase Thomas OLB - smart player from Stanford who could start right away opposite Ware. plays hard and gives his all on the field, and can play both the run and pass and get sacks.

2nd from patriots) DJ Fluker RT - great size at 6'6 335, strength, great run blocker, good footwork and has potential to be a very good pass blocker

3) Larry Warford OG - get rid of burning deuce and plug this big boy in at RG huge upgrade. He is a good athlete for his size and good as a run and pass blocker

3 from Bears) Jonathan Cooper C/G - better fit at Center but can also play Guard, should be able to win the starting spot. He is quick and athletic and should be a boost for the run game.

4) Travis Frederick OG - big mauler who could replace Livings who was pretty garbage for the most part. Also has experience playing Center which is a big plus.

4 from Patriots) Landry Jones QB - strong arm QB who didn't live up to first round expectations but still had a good 65% and 29 tds to 10 ints. Orton Wilson and Jones can battle it out.

5) Kenjon Barner Rb - playmaking speed rb from Oregon who can catch the ball out of the backfield and be a backup to Murray.

6) Dominique Easley DE - coming off ACL in 2012, should be fully recovered in 2013, was a high recruit out of college and good athlete pass rusher.

Felix is a free agent so he can't be traded. Love that you have 2 qb's in the draft. Very nice on rebuilding the o line. That has been one of the problems as Jerry has refused to build a dominant line group on the team. There han't been a purpose with their drafting regarding the trenches.

People think this team is close. I don't see it at all. This team needs so much at so many positions.
Hiero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
Patriots just spent 2 firsts, or a 1st and 2nd, on outside pass rushers in the past draft, I highly doubt they would give up a 2nd for Spencer this year. If there was a team that needs an outside pass rush in the 3-4 we should look at Arizona, Jets, or even the Colts if Freeney leaves in free agency. Not even gonna acknowledge the Romo trade with a responce right now.

well that was the whole point of this particular mock, moving on from Romo. sure we could miss the playoffs for 3 more years with Romo and then rebuild but why keep putting it off? this team isn't a contender even with a better OL. I definitely think we can still get some pretty good picks for him.

Felix Jones definitely has to go either way he was just a toss in to the Romo trade. there's also no way we can afford to resign Spencer.

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Ending the romo era mock for fun Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:

1Cool John Jenkins NT - this guy is a beast he is 6'3 358 and can be really disruptive up the middle and create a lot of problems. an impact NT who could move Ratliff to de or vice versa but will be a big help to our rush defense and pass defense and help our lbs make more plays

I think I'd faint from ecstasy if this draft happened, but it won't. I highly doubt we'll make that many moves, and Cooper isn't falling out of the 1st round, let alone making it to the 3rd. He's also more of a G than a C. Barrett Jones is a guy who is a C more than a G. In this draft, Frederick would be the more likely candidate to play Center.

I REALLY love the notion of drafting two QBs. Competition is a good thing.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper is a better fit as guard, he played a bit center in college and they moved him back at guard because his skills translated better to that position along with him not being able to do the mental part of the game at playing center. He said himself that he liked be moving back to center, so that he would have less assignments. Also, I would be more then surprised just to see him drop out of the 1st round. Great prospect IMO.
- Why do you see him last for the 3rd round?

Also don't see Frederick drop to the 4th round even tho he has played out of position. IMO, Frederick might end up being the bet guard from this draft class. I think it will be either him or Cooper actually. Also don't agree about Livings being garbage.

I don't like the idea of trading all those starters, but not worth discussing. I will say that I like drafting two QB's, if we do go in full rebuild mode.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wilson ends up going #1 overall but still tons of time for things to change

Sig courtesy of mack.
Hiero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
I think Wilson ends up going #1 overall but still tons of time for things to change

oh really? I wouldn't be shocked if that happened actually the combine process really tends to rocket people up

Hiero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ending the romo era mock for fun Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Hiero wrote:

I think I'd faint from ecstasy if this draft happened, but it won't. I highly doubt we'll make that many moves, and Cooper isn't falling out of the 1st round, let alone making it to the 3rd. He's also more of a G than a C. Barrett Jones is a guy who is a C more than a G. In this draft, Frederick would be the more likely candidate to play Center.

definitely, that's what jimmy did and it worked out great, we need competition at qb, two young qb's would be ideal for next year. noted on Cooper but either way we need two guards and a center

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me, either. It's a weak QB class, Wilson is a proven winner who clearly has talent and ability, played against some of the best competition in college football, KC desperately needs a QB, and the rookie wage scale makes it very reasonable to reach on a player at the position because the long term fiscal impacts of a bust at QB really don't apply anymore. I think he'll go through the motions at the combine and solidify his position at #1 overall on his pro day.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ending the romo era mock for fun Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Hiero wrote:

definitely, that's what jimmy did and it worked out great, we need competition at qb, two young qb's would be ideal for next year. noted on Cooper but either way we need two guards and a center

Oh, no doubt. As I said, you did a brilliant job.

Northland wrote:
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

New GM's and coaches are desperate to make a splash. That's why you see QB's that were rated as late 1 and early 2nd being taken in the top 15. Plus if the team doesn't do well early, there is usually more slack, because the qb takes time to develop. Although, Luck, Griffin, and Wilson will cause owners expectations to increase.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: