Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be okay with Pryor going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like Oakland to do at QB next season?
Start Palmer, develop Pryor
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Start Pryor, Carson mentor
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Start Palmer, cut Pryor, get a new QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Start Pryor, draft QBOTF
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

Django

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Just rewatched the 2nd half. The pass protection was BAD. Wiz had a lot of trouble with Garay. Veldheer got beat off the line by Liuget but lucky the footing was bad. Carlisle had his issues too. Id say Pryor had pressure in his face or was hit as he threw about 70% of the time he stayed in the pocket. Pryor still needs to step into his throws though. We've seen times where even Palmer felt some pressure and threw off his backfoot as well.

If you listen to Pryor he says "I need to work on throwing when there are defenders at my feet"

That was his biggest issue. Every time someone was close to him....he tried to throw with nothing but arm. Now he could get away with that if he had a Cutler, Cam, Big Ben kind of arm. But he doesnt.

My question to all is.....Is Pryor correct...Was it just not stepping into his throws...or he just doesnt have the arm at all?

Here is the vid.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/pryor-i-missed-some-throws-i-could-have-made
Tacos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has an arm, he's zipped balls in before but 95% of the time you get the rainbows. I think its bad mechanics and habit and I cannot see them being fixed. When have these things ever really been fixed in the NFL?

Love watching him play, I pray I'm wrong, still want to draft another QB sometime in the next two years regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Pryor had a 71 QBR, the second highest performance a Raider QB has put up this year.

The second best QB performance of the year, on this team, in the Rain, in his first start, with Knapp.

QBR is a credibility ruiner.
agree it's not a basis for a argument but still a relative fact.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Pryor had a 71 QBR, the second highest performance a Raider QB has put up this year.

The second best QB performance of the year, on this team, in the Rain, in his first start, with Knapp.

A useless stat's a relative fact? To who? QBR was the same rating system that had Alex Smith rated as a top 5 QB, and Aaron Rodgers out of the top 10. It's just a dumb thing to bring up.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell even uses QBR as a useful metric? Everyone knows that's ESPN garbage anyway Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

A useless stat's a relative fact? To who? QBR was the same rating system that had Alex Smith rated as a top 5 QB, and Aaron Rodgers out of the top 10. It's just a dumb thing to bring up.

its not that farfetched imo
http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

1)peyton
2) brady
3) kaep (didnt play enough to be on the list imo)
4) matt ryan
5) arod
6) rg3
7) alex smith (same with kaep)
Cool russell wilson

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Totty wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Hate to sound like JTagg but if you watched TP in college this is how he threw and nothing has changed, so that's worrisome. He is showing way more as a leader though, love the kid's heart.

Those jump balls and receivers having to jump for balls got annoying though.

I didn't watch the game. But based on your assessment, could those balls have been placed where they were because he was playing it safe? Or were they just off the mark? His mindset may have been, 'where only my guy can get it'.

Just a different perspective I guess.

It was Jarmarcus-esque w/out the zip. He had 1 nicely placed deep ball late to Streeter. Otherwise, every deep ball was a high arcing miss. He had 2 shots at a TD if he had any velocity on his ball.

The short and intermediate routes, he missed high, low and behind receivers. There were a number of throws he just flat missed an open WR. Some of his completed passes were high and required the receiver to jump for them.

My assessment is this. You can't teach accuracy. It's the Jamarcus argument all over again. He was 46% yesterday. There were some drops and the weather sucked, but there were too many balls a pro QB can't miss that bad.

I agree with you on the missed throws, but ake away the drops and the bad weather and he probably completes atleast 55% of his passes. Not too bad for someone's first start.

3 TD's to 1 TO is impressive. I'd rather have a QB who scores 3 times than a QB who will only score once but have a 60+ completion %.

Also, it's not like there were any dropped picks this game... Palmer usually has atleast 1 or 2 dropped picks a game. For the most part, Pryor put the ball were only the WR would have a chance at getting it. Bottom line is he didn't turn the ball over and put us in position to win.

IMO it's a little ignorant to say someone as raw as Pryor isn't capable of improving accuracy. He is very raw in terms of throwing so you have to give him time. You can be like JTagg and say he hasn't progressed since OSU sophomore year but in college they didn't coach him to be an NFL QB, they coached him into a system that complimented his athletic ability. Pryor is now getting real coaching on how to throw, etc for the first time. He already has solid decision making from what I saw yesterday as far as going through reads and such. I believe a good NFL coaching staff can get Pryor's accuracy and zip to a respectable level. Whether he has to change his throwing motion slightly or not, I think he's capable.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does QBR even work? Last season Palmer was #12 in total QBR at the end of the season completing 60% of his passes, throwing only 13 touchdowns compared to 16 interceptions. This season he was #29 in QBR completing 61% of his passes, throwing 22 touchdowns compared to 14 interceptions.

That doesn't really make sense to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
How does QBR even work? Last season Palmer was #12 in total QBR at the end of the season completing 60% of his passes, throwing only 13 touchdowns compared to 16 interceptions. This season he was #29 in QBR completing 61% of his passes, throwing 22 touchdowns compared to 14 interceptions.

That doesn't really make sense to me.

I believe total qbr takes garbage time into consideration.

not joking.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was arguing with a buddy of mine and he was under the impression that we should trade Palmer for whatever we can get for him. He is in his last year and there are teams like the Cards and Jets that really need QB's.

Since we may be scrapping the ZBS, we can keep DMC. A young QB's best friend is a solid running game. I can go either way. We can keep Palmer and let him ride out the last year of his contract while installing packages for Pryor. Then in 2014 turn over the reigns to Pryor. But if he has a solid training camp and comes close to winning the job, we may as well turn it over a year early. There are just so many ways we can go with this if Pryor improves on this game's performance.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321014022

Brad Smith went 0-1 with 1 INT and his QBR was 98.3. QBR is a total joke of a stat.

mission27 wrote:
I KNEW you were going to be smug about the pureness of your urine

#JDI
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321014022

Brad Smith went 0-1 with 1 INT and his QBR was 98.3. QBR is a total joke of a stat.

Lmao! Wtf?

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
nib1066

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay honest question here guys. How did TP compare to Tim Tebow? Who do you think is better?

Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I was arguing with a buddy of mine and he was under the impression that we should trade Palmer for whatever we can get for him. He is in his last year and there are teams like the Cards and Jets that really need QB's.

Since we may be scrapping the ZBS, we can keep DMC. A young QB's best friend is a solid running game. I can go either way. We can keep Palmer and let him ride out the last year of his contract while installing packages for Pryor. Then in 2014 turn over the reigns to Pryor. But if he has a solid training camp and comes close to winning the job, we may as well turn it over a year early. There are just so many ways we can go with this if Pryor improves on this game's performance.

Palmer is signed for 2014 too and has 2 more voidable years on his deal...
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave Pryor a solid C+ against San Diego.
But he has improved from the preseason has to be an A+ plus.
If Pryor shows more improvement by the next preseason then we have a keeper.
He just has to keep improving year after year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 8 of 36

Jump to: