Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Replacements in case JDR leaves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
I am really intrigued by the Seahawks coachs. In terms of an attacking 4-3, Norton and Wash have been at the forefront of orchestrating a successful group. For the sake of stability, I understand why some of you are all for giving Smith a shot. I don't know about his track record, though.

I have the same feeling about the Seattle position coaches. I think part of evaluating a position coaches transition to a coordinator position is how well they have developed their players, and the Seattle defensive players are good. The linebackers are often good, what they've done with the DB's has been great, and the DL is stout. They aren't all first round picks either.

If you don't keep player development in mind, you end up like the Jets, who haven't turned a single draft pick since the Rex Ryan era began into an all out stud.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Bill Kollar, DL coach of the Houston Texans since 2009? Although I'm not sure if it's a promotion as he's the assistant head coach.

I'd definitely look for a guy that knows how to get after the Quarterback. With John Fox at the helm, I wouldn't necessarily look for an experienced playcaller, but someone who can shadow Fox and maybe be our head coach of the future(I think that's what Elway viewed Dennis Allen as before the unexpected turn of Oakland poaching him)
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Del Rio I'm not quite too ready to leave.

Great city, ownership and FO. Has some great toys to play with on the Defense (Von, Wolfe, etc). Coaching for what could be shaping up to be a perennial contender.

He knows how many dysfunctional franchises there are in the NFL and should want to avoid them.

I think I'd be quite content making my $1,000,000+- annually, waiting for Fox to retire so I could take over.

Anyway, just a thought and one that's been brought up by others.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the rumors are spreading that Mike McCoy and JDR are being pursued. I rather JDR to stay if we could only keep one. What are your thoughts?
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
so the rumors are spreading that Mike McCoy and JDR are being pursued. I rather JDR to stay if we could only keep one. What are your thoughts?

JDR, of course. He is way more important to our overall performance than McCoy. The plum job theory of AAA does have merit, though. Certainly JDR is going to be pursued, but McCoy is a lot more likely to leave.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

Great city, ownership and FO. Has some great toys to play with on the Defense (Von, Wolfe, etc). Coaching for what could be shaping up to be a perennial contender.

He knows how many dysfunctional franchises there are in the NFL and should want to avoid them.

I think I'd be quite content making my $1,000,000+- annually, waiting for Fox to retire so I could take over.

Fox could be a HC for awhile. Its not like Fox may retire in 2 or 3 years he could be there for 8 years. Del Rio is already nearing 50 I cant see him wanting to wait very long for another shot.
McCoy may be able to be convinced to stay 1 more yr if they offer to teach him more FO stuff. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Reid is let go and his staff is replaced, I would not be opposed to bringing in Todd Bowles as our DC if JDR leaves. Bowles got a raw deal in a flawed Eagles defense (see Washburn's Wide 9) and looked better doing interim work back in 2011 in Miami.

by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Fox could be a HC for awhile. Its not like Fox may retire in 2 or 3 years he could be there for 8 years. Del Rio is already nearing 50 I cant see him wanting to wait very long for another shot.
McCoy may be able to be convinced to stay 1 more yr if they offer to teach him more FO stuff. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Just curious Donut. Can you find out what these guys are getting paid? I can find data on HC's but none on staff.
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Donut wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Just curious Donut. Can you find out what these guys are getting paid? I can find data on HC's but none on staff.

I can't find any, just averages/ranges.
Though Del Rio made 5 million this year(Jacksonville paid him the difference of what Denver paid him).
Quote:
O'Brien's salary as the New England Patriots' offensive coordinator is not known. The average salary of NFL assistant coaches is $350,000 to $375,000, according to the NFL Coaches Association, and he likely made more than that as a coordinator.

http://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/573103/Deal-for-5-years-at--2-3M.html?nav=5017
Since the amount of O`Brien's was unknown even after I doubt there's anywhere to find the numbers. Or journalists are just crazy lazy.

Quote:
Offensive and Defensive Coordinators
Beginning with the first million dollar contract for a defensive coordinator in the early 2000s -- Marvin Lewis when he joined the Redskins in 2003 -- now many NFL coordinators make seven-figure salaries, according to the Los Angeles Times. Many teams employ a coordinator making $1 million annually or more.

http://www.ehow.com/about_7504464_average-salary-average-nfl-coach.html

I'm guessing the amount assistants make can't be found compared to HCs. Though Del Rio is making top coordinator money from Denver(So he's making more than 1 million if he stays). McCoy I doubt is make a lot though since he was basically just a little more than a QBs coach when hired.
But if money is a big influence for Del Rio he won't take a college job unless they give him top college coach money. He was making a bit more than average w/ 25 million in 5 yrs where as top college numbers according to 1st article reference:
Quote:
According to a USA Today study, college coaches who received the highest base pay in 2011 were Texas' Mack Brown at $5.19 million, Alabama's Nick Saban at $4.83 million and Oklahoma's Bob Stoops at $4.08 million. Some sources have reported Saban's overall salary at $6 million including all incentives.

Though an option just looking through Fox's past staffs before he was fired Richard Smith(current LBer coach) was DC in Miami and Houston before being Fox's LBer coach.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Mortensen reports that the Schwartz might be let go in Detroit. He'd be a very good pick up for our 4-3.

by Joe_is_the_best
primetime714

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Honestly, if either McCoy or Del Rio leave, the replacement will probably be in house. Like I said, I think Richard Smith would be a very possible choice, and I think Adam Gase will be the OC next year because I fully anticipate McCoy jumping ship.

I agree completely. Given how well things have gone this year the Broncos will try to minimize systematic changes by promoting within. A new defensive or offensive system would set the team back.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivera is rumored to be on the hot seat in Charlotte (btw, McCoy's likely landing spot according to La Canfora). He'd be another candidate for us.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21473786/the-nfl-today-reid-shurmur-turner-crennel-all-likely-black-monday-victims

by Joe_is_the_best
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he doesnt leave the Broncos, but if he does Lovie Smith ,must be the replacement.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
I hope he doesnt leave the Broncos, but if he does Lovie Smith ,must be the replacement.

I would be shocked if Lovie Smith doesn't get another HC gig this Summer, because he sure as heck deserves one.

I don't actually think JDR is going to leave this Summer. I think he is going to stay with us another year to build his reputation back up after his Jaguar HC stint ended so poorly.

MUFC OK
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we have the personnel to excel in Lovie's version of a Tampa 2. Our corners are small, our MLB cannot cover the ground necessary to make it work, and our Dline still does not generate enough pass rush on its own.

by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: