Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Black Monday Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gtek06

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Black Monday Mock Offseason Reply with quote

After a day of change in the NFL its the Jets time for change. I have come to grips with the fact that we currently are not a SB contending team. I as all other jets fans want to get there and thats going to take some work, even if that means a year or two of complete mediocracy. With a few big names being fired i think there will be ways to assemble the staff and roster to contend for a championship. Beginning with coaching....

Staff:
General Manager: Marc Ross*
Head Coach: Rex Ryan
Offensive Coordinator: Norv Turner*
Defensive Coordinator: Kris Richard*
Special Teams Coordinator: Ben Kotwica*

This staff will add drafting experience with Marc Ross. (Lets be honest with the exception of a year or two are drafts are a mess.) Developmental skills with norv turner who should be able to develop a young QB whether that would be from draft or trade. As well as team experience from Kotwica who is the current special teams assistant.

Cuts:
Bart Scott
Calvin Pace
Bryan Thomas
Jason Smith
Eric Smith
Shonn Greene
Nick Folk

Resigns:
Laron Landry
Dustin Keller
Braylon Edwards
Yeremaiah Bell
Mike Devito
Brandon Moore
Austin Howard
Jeff Cumberland

Trades:

Tim Tebow and 7th to Jags for 5th Round Pick
Mark Sanchez to Browns for 7th (Jets eat 4 Mill)
Trade Kyle Wilson to Saints for 2013 3rd and Conditional 2014
Trade Joe McKnight to Rams for 2013 6th Round Pick

Free Agency:

QB-Matt Moore Dolphins
RB-Bernard Scott Bengals
OT-Gosder Cherilius Lions
S-Louis Delmas Lions
OLB-Conner Barwin
K-Rob Bironas Titans

2013 NFL Draft

Trade #39 and #72 and 7th For Dolphins #45 and #52

Round 1 #9-Manti Teo ILB Notre Dame

(Dolphins) Round 2 #45-DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

(Dolphins) Round 2 #52-Margus Hunt DE SMU

(Saints) Round 3 #78-Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse

Round 4 #104-Kenjon Barner RB Oregon

(Jags) Round 5 #129 JC Tretter OG Cornell

Round 5 #136 Dwayne Gratz CB Conneticut

(Rams) Round 6 #178 Vance McDonald TE Rice

Round 7 #202 Zach Boren FB Ohio St.

UDFA-
Nick Becton OT Virginia Tech
Lane Taylor OG OKST
Omar Hunter DT Florida
Keith Pouga OLB Howard

Depth Chart Offense

QB-Matt Moore, Ryan Nassib, Greg McEleroy
RB-Bilal Powell, Kenjon Barner, Bernard Scott
FB-Zach Boren
WR-Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards
WR-Stephen Hill, DeAndre Hopkins
Slot-Jeremy Kerley
TE-Dustin Kelller, Jeff Cumberland, Vance McDonald
OT-D'Brick, Nick Becton
OG-Brandon Moore, Lane Taylor
C-Nick Mangold, Caleb Scladelhoff
OG-JC Tretter, Vlad Ducasse
OT-Gosder Cherilus, Austin Howard

Defense-

DE-Muhammed Wilkerson, Margus Hunt
DT-Sione Pouha, Kenrick Ellis, Omar Hunter
DE-Quinton Coples, Mike Devito
OLB-Conner Barwin, Keith Pouga
ILB-David Harris, Nick Bellore
ILB-Manti Teo, Demario Davis
OLB-Garrett McIntyre, Ricky Sapp
CB-Darelle Revis, Arron Berry, Ellis Lankster
S-Laron Landry, Josh Bush
S-Louis Delmar, Yeremaiah Bell, Antonio Allen
CB-Antonio Cromartie, Dwayne Gratz

Special Teams:

K-Rob Bironas
P-Robert Malhone
LS-Tanner Purdum
KR-Antonio Cromartie
PR-Jeremy Kerley

2013 Schedule:

Vs. Bills
@ Bills
Vs. Dolphins
@ Dolphins
Vs. Patriots
@ Patriots
Vs. Steelers
Vs. Browns
Vs. Saints
Vs. Bucs
Vs. Raiders
@ Titans
@ Ravens
@ Bengals
@ Falcons
@ Panthers

Not an easy schedule by any means like I said in the beginning it may be an ugly couple of years. With this roster, staff and schedule I can see the 2013 Jets being anywhere from 5-11 to 7-9. Its impossible to predict records at this point so as far as i know we could go 12-4. But im not selling out and waving the white flag just yet. In 2009 I had no expectations and we ended up a game from the SB but we will find out soon enough.

Thanks to Jamison. on the sig.
xenajets

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we afford to resign everyone and sign two big free agents in Barwin and Delmas plus other guys like Moore and Cherillus who will want $3mil a year at least. Apart from the obvious cuts you made you haven't done anything else to clear cap room apart from trading Sanchez.

I'm not a huge fan of the draft, why take Teo when we have Davis who was a third round pick last year that pick could of been on an elite olb or Chance Warmack. I also prefer Bray over Nassib in the third but that's just personal preference.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much agree with xenajets. Too many FA signings. Also why Teo? We have so many holes but the ILB position is not a major one and neither is the dline so I wonder why make the trade only to draft Hunt.

I watched Hopkins last night and I was impressed by the way caught the ball in a crowd.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
I pretty much agree with xenajets. Too many FA signings. Also why Teo? We have so many holes but the ILB position is not a major one and neither is the dline so I wonder why make the trade only to draft Hunt.

I watched Hopkins last night and I was impressed by the way caught the ball in a crowd.

Because he will have the greatest impact of any other rookie. He is going to be the next great ILB. If he is there you have to take him no matter what. I think this draft would be great. Why does everyone want to get ride of Joe McKnight. I think he did fine this year. He is a good PR KR guy and can carrie the ball once in awhile.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

Because he will have the greatest impact of any other rookie. He is going to be the next great ILB. If he is there you have to take him no matter what. I think this draft would be great. Why does everyone want to get ride of Joe McKnight. I think he did fine this year. He is a good PR KR guy and can carrie the ball once in awhile.

He is not the next great ILB. He is not near the level of Patrick Willis.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a few seconds, I thought we helped Dolphins get Hopkins and Hunt. lol.

Connor Barwin being F-tagged is a possibility. Also, we don't need to get expensive kicker. Rookie will do.

Hopkins is kind of small for Turner system unless he will replace Kerley. Jets could use that pick on either JR TE.

The rest of draft looks solid.
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Matt Moore is at least an upgrade over Mark Sanchez. But why waste a draft pick on Nassib?

Just take a high pick on a QB in next year's draft.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a dream that you need to wake up from. We have no money for any of these free agents.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
This is a dream that you need to wake up from. We have no money for any of these free agents.

Ive never seen a situation like that before. How in the world can you all sign ANY free agents if you are that far under the cap?
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns don't want you trash

Jamison on the sig
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Warford will be the Jets starting Right Guard in 2013. Will be selected in Round 2. Mark my words. Brandon Moore won't be retained. The dysfunction of the locker room frustrated Moore and he'll look elsewhere in the FA process.

The trades are simply unrealistic. Tebow to the Jags is a possibility, but Sanchez has no value on the trade market. And trading Kyle Wilson doesn't make much sense- Especially to the Saints who are already lacking a 1st Rounder. The other reason it makes little sense is the glut of Free Agent Cornerbacks available.

Sean Smith (MIAM), Keenan Lewis (PITT), Brent Grimes (ATL), Derek Dox (JAX), Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie (PHI), Cary Williams (BAL), Chris Houston (DET), Bradley Fletcher (STL), Tracy Porter (DEN), Kyle Arrington (NE), ANtoine Cason (SD), Aqib Talib (NE), Captain Munnerlyn (CAR), Mike Jenkins (DALL), Leodis McKelvin (BUFF), Adam Jones (CIN), D.J. Moore (CHI), Brice McCain (HOU), William Middleton (JAX), Stanford Routt (HOU0, Terence Newman (CIN), Rashean Mathis (JAX).

My point- No team will forfeit a 3rd Rounder when a CB can be signed on the open market. Sure the Saints have no cap space, but those 20 CBs can't expect to land multi year lucrative deals. There will be another Tracy Porter- a guy that fails to get the deal he wants and settles for one year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: