Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cam Newton vs RG3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mozwanted


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 17049
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
This is the man who wants to lead your team? and you wonder why the panthers cant turn it around.


Of ALL reasons, that is the reason we can't turn it around and why people don't want him to lead the team?

I mean I might be biased towards Newton but that has to be the most ridiculous thing. You actually think the players give a slight damn about that picture? An ounce? I mean really now.


reading comprehension is your friend. It isnt just the picture of newton dressed like a woman. Its everything built up. When you put together his lack of leadership with his sore loser like qualities to taunting like a little girl after being down 23 points and having your senior wr tell you pay attention and learn. It doesnt equal to someone i want leading my team.

I know your in denial but the fact is cam newton lacks leadership and he lacks maturity andy dalton, wilson, rg3, and luck possesses.

Theirs no way around it find me another qb pulling the same crap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 30033
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13606
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading comprehension? You posted a picture of Cam Newton and said "this is the man who wants to lead your team?"

How in the hell does that picture have anything to do with Cam as a leader?

It's a ridiculous thing.

And then you post some ridiculous sources. I mean, do you even KNOW mediatakeout? They post garbage. They reported Obama was cheating on his wife. They are getting SUED for posting garbage. And you actually BELIEVE them? Even Charles Johnson as I posted above laughed at them on Twitter. And Joe Person responded to it talking about how cheap Newton actually is in real life and the report was false. I'll believe Person (granted he does suck as a beat writer) over mediatakeout. On top of all of that, the guy who reported this lives in Ohio.

But answer my question. This is Cam Newton where every tiny thing is magnified. Do you actually believe that if he went to the strip club and made it rain, it wouldn't have even once been reported or talked about by national media?
_________________
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13606
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
I know your in denial but the fact is cam newton lacks leadership and he lacks maturity andy dalton, wilson, rg3, and luck possesses.


This is funny. Earlier you use the reason that Newton isn't a captain as a reason why his teammates don't respect him. You do realize Dalton was not voted as a team captain, right? The only reason he became one midseason is because Lewis forced it upon him as he thought he needed to step up and called him out on it.

I've countless times said Newton needs to mature, though it seems as he has ever since the Dallas game. But some of the stuff said about him is some of the most ridiculous junk I've read. I don't see how he doesn't have his priorities right and I don't see how he is struggling to earn teammates respect. You use what happened between Smith and Cam earlier as proof. But it doesn't mean Smith doesn't like Cam or respect him. Smith and Cam even had a little talk between each other if you see Cam mic'd up vs. Oakland with Smith asking to use Cam's cleats. Subtle but it is what these two guys do. Newton privately worked out with Smith before his rookie year when they couldn't access the team facilities. Their friendship is fine and Smith has no issue with him as a person or as a player. He just at the time wanted Newton to stop sulking and dealing with losses as poorly as he was. Cam Newton has came a long way since and his constantly with his QB coach going over notes on the sidelines.

Trust me, Cam in Week 3 is not Cam in Week 17.
_________________
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21983
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
I'm not even going to bother to reply after that last post. You actually believed the 100K strip club story? Laughing

You do realize the same place that reported that story also reported Obama was cheating, right? Laughing


do you believe this

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
This is officially the worst thread of all time.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

This thread is one of the best I've seen.

Panthers fans don't lose any sig bets with me in the future.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billy hoyal


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
This is the man who wants to lead your team? and you wonder why the panthers cant turn it around.


Of ALL reasons, that is the reason we can't turn it around and why people don't want him to lead the team?

I mean I might be biased towards Newton but that has to be the most ridiculous thing. You actually think the players give a slight damn about that picture? An ounce? I mean really now.


reading comprehension is your friend. It isnt just the picture of newton dressed like a woman. Its everything built up. When you put together his lack of leadership with his sore loser like qualities to taunting like a little girl after being down 23 points and having your senior wr tell you pay attention and learn. It doesnt equal to someone i want leading my team.

I know your in denial but the fact is cam newton lacks leadership and he lacks maturity andy dalton, wilson, rg3, and luck possesses.

Theirs no way around it find me another qb pulling the same crap



It's hard to comprehend when your writing fiction and presenting it as fact. The only thing that ever happened was the Steve Smith stuff. And considering Smith is as close to Cam as any player on the team, I don't think it bothers him, or his teammates. It was something that needed to be done, because Cam didn't like losing. Who does? I'd rather have someone who hated losing, and show them a better way to deal with it, than someone who it doesn't bother. Smith loved it last year when Cam said there was a losing mentality in the organization and supported him saying it.

The strip club thing is laughable. Cam is tight with his money. Squeaky tight. Has trouble meeting girls because he's heard all the horror stories from other player, and doesn't trust most. So to think he's at a strip club, throwing away money for nothing, is a joke. And since he's never had a drink in his life, it was some wild night on the town either. You must be awful young, because that picture has to be the most well-lit strip club ever. But that can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. Right? You sound like that woman in the State Farm commercial. How sad.

The Halloween costume was from a contest his season at Auburn. Half the team did it. So I suppose if he had said no, that would have been him being too "big-time" to participate with them. But instead it shows a lack of leadership. I mean it destroyed that team's chemistry so much that they only went 14-0 and won a BCS championship. How dare he be so immature.

As for the captain issue, which one of the 10+ year veterans, Jordan Gross or Steve Smith, should just step down and hand it too him. But since we mentioned Jordan Gross, let's see how he feels about Cam as a teammate, from his own mouth. Not some "unnamed source" like all the negative things about Cam seem to come from.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Newton-overcomes-injury-Saints-/788fb714-1006-4aa3-b8b7-c8299f806337

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cam coming back in today was just awesome," Gross said. "It made my day."


"I've told him repeated times that he is a tough guy," Gross said. "Quarterbacks take a lot of hits, let alone when they run the ball, too. He gets back up every time. It's been so great to watch him grow as a quarterback.

"Cam has just continued to impress me this season with his growth, his leadership, his attitude, his play, his game management."


I just don't see how they play with a horrible person like him. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21983
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billy hoyal wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
This is the man who wants to lead your team? and you wonder why the panthers cant turn it around.


Of ALL reasons, that is the reason we can't turn it around and why people don't want him to lead the team?

I mean I might be biased towards Newton but that has to be the most ridiculous thing. You actually think the players give a slight damn about that picture? An ounce? I mean really now.


reading comprehension is your friend. It isnt just the picture of newton dressed like a woman. Its everything built up. When you put together his lack of leadership with his sore loser like qualities to taunting like a little girl after being down 23 points and having your senior wr tell you pay attention and learn. It doesnt equal to someone i want leading my team.

I know your in denial but the fact is cam newton lacks leadership and he lacks maturity andy dalton, wilson, rg3, and luck possesses.

Theirs no way around it find me another qb pulling the same crap


The strip club thing is laughable. Cam is tight with his money. Squeaky tight. Has trouble meeting girls because he's heard all the horror stories from other player, and doesn't trust most. So to think he's at a strip club, throwing away money for nothing, is a joke. And since he's never had a drink in his life, it was some wild night on the town either. You must be awful young, because that picture has to be the most well-lit strip club ever. But that can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. Right? You sound like that woman in the State Farm commercial. How sad.

Best.Thread.Ever.
KEEP IT COMING Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
P-52


Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 1853
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaep>Cam
_________________


Jim Harbaugh's reaction to bloody Ahmad Brooks' helmetless sack: “Loved it, loved it. Wish he would have come and wiped some on my cheek.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canucks9314


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 1098
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a player i'd take rg3 but i worry about his durability long-term. especially if teams decide to start to light him up on the read options.
_________________


domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarrellGreen28


Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 456
Location: Rockville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
DarrellGreen28 wrote:
I might be biased but I'm taking RG3. He's turned our entire franchise around in one year. Simply unreal


Great coaching, Alfred Morris, and Pierre Garcon had nothing to do with it?

We've had great coaching for two years and never had a player to execute it. Pierre Garcon missed most of this season although he came back at the right time. The Butler though was huge. But the most credit has to be given to the QB. Without him. none of this is done.
_________________
RG3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25012
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted, you truly are unbelievable. Laughing
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25012
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Look at this respectable young man. He probably wears sweater vests everyday during the offseason and studies film everyday. Wait, why is he wasting his time with a girl? Psh. What a leader.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OneBadCat


Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 726
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
I know your in denial but the fact is cam newton lacks leadership and he lacks maturity andy dalton, wilson, rg3, and luck possesses.


This is funny. Earlier you use the reason that Newton isn't a captain as a reason why his teammates don't respect him. You do realize Dalton was not voted as a team captain, right? The only reason he became one midseason is because Lewis forced it upon him as he thought he needed to step up and called him out on it.

I've countless times said Newton needs to mature, though it seems as he has ever since the Dallas game. But some of the stuff said about him is some of the most ridiculous junk I've read. I don't see how he doesn't have his priorities right and I don't see how he is struggling to earn teammates respect. You use what happened between Smith and Cam earlier as proof. But it doesn't mean Smith doesn't like Cam or respect him. Smith and Cam even had a little talk between each other if you see Cam mic'd up vs. Oakland with Smith asking to use Cam's cleats. Subtle but it is what these two guys do. Newton privately worked out with Smith before his rookie year when they couldn't access the team facilities. Their friendship is fine and Smith has no issue with him as a person or as a player. He just at the time wanted Newton to stop sulking and dealing with losses as poorly as he was. Cam Newton has came a long way since and his constantly with his QB coach going over notes on the sidelines.

Trust me, Cam in Week 3 is not Cam in Week 17.


Gotta say I respect you for defending Cam all season. But you probably shouldn't respond to such a stupid post. Your well thought out response isn't going to change the mind of someone and others who will continue to slander our QB on baseless, ignorant arguments. I honestly thought mozwanted was trolling it was so ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GiantsStadium


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 120
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF has become of this thread.

Is this a joke that I'm not in on?

Was there really a picture posted of Cam in a fairy suit (something that he did for children, mind you) as proof of why he can't lead a team?

Is this a joke?

And as far as the strip club.. There is some naivete in here. I've seen players (yes quarterbacks) at the strip club wearing their SB rings. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group