Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2 Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Matt Jones?

Too soon

If we get Tebow, all 16 games will be a blackout... for me. Care to join me?

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
dswinton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones. We were dead last in sacks that is by far our biggest need and since we have tried DE's I think we should follow this new trend by getting rushing LB's like Von Miller.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Miller???

corry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
corry wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Matt Jones?

Too soon

I'm in it for the long haul brother. The only blackout I do involves Jonny Walker and xanex.

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
corry wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Matt Jones?

Too soon

I'm in it for the long haul brother. The only blackout I do involves Jonny Walker and xanex.

That's the kind of blackout I'm talking about bro.

Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade back plz. I want more picks.

Hopefully someone falls in love with Joeckel/Star/whichever of Smith or Wilson is left there, and pays big to move up and grab him. Even if Geno Smith 'falls' to us, i don't want. Let someone else move up and take him. I just don't think he's the #2 prospect. Doubt we'll see anything like the RGIII ransom, but a swap of 1sts plus an extra future 1st and a 2nd this year would be a really good foundation for a deal that would make me very happy. Especially with next year's draft is looking like it could be a good one.

If we absolutely can't find a way to move down and grab extra picks...i'm leaning towards Star Lotulelei or Damontre Moore at the moment i guess. But don't really have that 'gotta have 'em' feel right now.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft Geno i'm not watching Jaguars football next year... Geno is a BUM! ..(When I see Geno I remember a Ol' Miss QB Jevan Snead but the differance is you see Snead was annoited as the man going into his final college season and he stunk it up all season but Geno played so well goin into his thru the first 5 games that he put on a mask so well that he hid his flaws just enough to still fool the hell out of a some people who think they are real talent evaluators. Don't know what the love affair with him is I see Vince Young all over again with less mobility and a better arm. But not good enough IQ wise or leadership wise to lead a team i.e. RGIII or Luck nothing about Geno says he has IT! so why would you waste a number 2 pick on something you could flip a coin and have say servicable (not elite) or bust no one with a scouting IQ says this kid is going to be a star they just say desprate teams will reach because of a weak QB class wake up Jag fans there are no RGIII's or Lucks in this draft stop reaching)

If we trade for or sign Tebow i'm not watchin Jaguars football next year. (32 teams in the NFL and only 1 wants him.. and half the fan base of that team doesn't really wants him enough said)

Matt Barkley (I see Brady Quinn or Clasaun all over again.. except this time instead of watching Quinn look out of place in a green room for like 4 hours.. Barkley should know going into this Draft he is a second rounder at best and don't even show up.)

I've been saying it all year the QB train has left the station If you didn't find what you were looking for out the last 2 drafts your pretty much [inappropriate/removed]'d out u might find a hidden gem but don't waste your number 2 pick on a possible bust get a stud on defense and build around him we haven't had a play maker on defense ever alot of good pieces to make up a descent D but never a feared man on D we need to change the culture here better drafting.. I say follow the 49er Seahawk formula build a feared Defense a get a descent QB because its too late to find a elite QB its not going to happen.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
If we draft Geno i'm not watching Jaguars football next year... Geno is a BUM! ..(When I see Geno I remember a Ol' Miss QB Jevan Snead but the differance is you see Snead was annoited as the man going into his final college season and he stunk it up all season but Geno played so well goin into his thru the first 5 games that he put on a mask so well that he hid his flaws just enough to still fool the hell out of a some people who think they are real talent evaluators. Don't know what the love affair with him is I see Vince Young all over again with less mobility and a better arm. But not good enough IQ wise or leadership wise to lead a team i.e. RGIII or Luck nothing about Geno says he has IT! so why would you waste a number 2 pick on something you could flip a coin and have say servicable (not elite) or bust no one with a scouting IQ says this kid is going to be a star they just say desprate teams will reach because of a weak QB class wake up Jag fans there are no RGIII's or Lucks in this draft stop reaching)

If we trade for or sign Tebow i'm not watchin Jaguars football next year. (32 teams in the NFL and only 1 wants him.. and half the fan base of that team doesn't really wants him enough said)

Matt Barkley (I see Brady Quinn or Clasaun all over again.. except this time instead of watching Quinn look out of place in a green room for like 4 hours.. Barkley should know going into this Draft he is a second rounder at best and don't even show up.)

I've been saying it all year the QB train has left the station If you didn't find what you were looking for out the last 2 drafts your pretty much [inappropriate/removed]'d out u might find a hidden gem but don't waste your number 2 pick on a possible bust get a stud on defense and build around him we haven't had a play maker on defense ever alot of good pieces to make up a descent D but never a feared man on D we need to change the culture here better drafting.. I say follow the 49er Seahawk formula build a feared Defense a get a descent QB because its too late to find a elite QB its not going to happen.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't know what you're talking about.

I hate the Jaguars
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't know what you're talking about.

This from the guy with a Tebow sig holding a Super Bowl trophy? FOH
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

This from the guy with a Tebow sig holding a Super Bowl trophy? FOH

.......I think you fail to detect clear sarcasm.
Can you please explain why you think Geno will be the worstest of all ever?

I hate the Jaguars
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say Geno is the worst prospect you don't use a Number 2 selection on a guy who isn't elite do you think Geno is a elite? Are you saying that Geno is in the same league as Luck and RGIII because those guys change a ball club they change the culture.. elite QBs take a franshise and instantly put them in playoff contention.. Example hell take Cam Newton he is even struggling to do what those guys did this year do I think you can win a Super Bowl with Cam yes Cam is talented but Cam is all about Cam right now and not the Carolina Panthers.. is Geno even as good a Cam? I don't think so do you so to think that Geno is going to come change the culture with lack of depth we have in the talent pool strength of schedule TBD we still will only muster a 6 win season Geno will not put you over the top QBs drive the league to me its only 3 elite Manning, Brady, and Rodgers who can hide their teams flaws and get you too the playoffs every year 1 when they play a whole season have never missed the playoffs Manning Rookie Season and Rodgers first full season starting he missed it but he has been steller since then. QB can make and break your team why risk setting your organization back 4 more years by drafting a guy who is not elite and you don't have the talent around him to hide his flaws until he potentially flourishes Flacco is not elite he plays on a elite team if he plays for the Jags do we make the playoffs i'm betting we don't and i'm saying with the talent on this team we win 7 games at best. Is Geno better then Flacco right now? Romo plays on a pretty talented team did he make the playoffs? If he played for us how many games do we win? Is Geno better then Romo do u see where i'm going?
sadjag

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
I didn't say Geno is the worst prospect you don't use a Number 2 selection on a guy who isn't elite do you think Geno is a elite? Are you saying that Geno is in the same league as Luck and RGIII because those guys change a ball club they change the culture.. elite QBs take a franshise and instantly put them in playoff contention.. Example hell take Cam Newton he is even struggling to do what those guys did this year do I think you can win a Super Bowl with Cam yes Cam is talented but Cam is all about Cam right now and not the Carolina Panthers.. is Geno even as good a Cam? I don't think so do you so to think that Geno is going to come change the culture with lack of depth we have in the talent pool strength of schedule TBD we still will only muster a 6 win season Geno will not put you over the top QBs drive the league to me its only 3 elite Manning, Brady, and Rodgers who can hide their teams flaws and get you too the playoffs every year 1 when they play a whole season have never missed the playoffs Manning Rookie Season and Rodgers first full season starting he missed it but he has been steller since then. QB can make and break your team why risk setting your organization back 4 more years by drafting a guy who is not elite and you don't have the talent around him to hide his flaws until he potentially flourishes Flacco is not elite he plays on a elite team if he plays for the Jags do we make the playoffs i'm betting we don't and i'm saying with the talent on this team we win 7 games at best. Is Geno better then Flacco right now? Romo plays on a pretty talented team did he make the playoffs? If he played for us how many games do we win? Is Geno better then Romo do u see where i'm going?
Look Im going too try and answer some of the questions you asked though I'm not sure how well i comprehened your post. Please in the future use paragraphs when you change topics it makes post alot easier too read. Like such

You need too stop comparing this QB class too last years. We may realistically NEVER see a better Qb class ever again. Just because this years class is not as good as 2012's is not a viable reason too not draft a QB especially when this team is in such a prime spot in the draft too pick the best. Along with our tremendous need at the position.

Is Geno better than Flacco or Romo? This very second no he is not, but From what I've seen I believe he eventually could be.

Some of your complaints about Geno have puzzled me. You questioned his pocket presence earlier, too my eyes this is one of Geno's biggest strengths! He plays behind one of the worst O-lines I've ever seen. Opposing defenders live in his backfield and yet he routinely steps up into the pocket and delivers lasers with poise.

You also questioned his deep ball, his deep ball accuracy is one of the best I've see in recent memory. There is a GIF that either Sabo or Flux posted that shows Geno throwing a pass around 20 yards out too Steadman Bailey. Bailey on this play is tripled covered by guys at his 2,6 and 9 o'clock. Geno put that ball into such a tiny window and in such a way that only his receiver could make a play, Maybe the most impressive throw I've seen all year.

Questions about the system he's coming out of are completely valid. His ability too go through progressions is... well bad at this point but at least it's something that is coachable unlike pocket presence an arm strength.

I see Geno being like a Matt Ryan quality QB, top 15-10 and totally capable of taking a team too the super bowl.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:

I expected this wall of text to be fairly ridiculous. But honestly, i agree with the bulk of it.

I might not go so far as to say Geno Smith is a BUM! But i have serious reservations about whether the guy is a #2 pick. And i'm not really seeing him as an elite 'franchise QB' in the true sense, as mentioned...as a guy who completely changes a franchise. It's more a Flacco thing at best to me. Almost...not quite. Leaves a franchise hanging, so to speak.

I disagree on the Tebow point though. No, i'm not some mindless Gator flag waving sheep. But evaluating where this franchise is at right now...why not?

For me, there are a few scenarios with Tebow at the helm:

1)He is GOAT and we win multiple championships and everything is hunky dory. (extremely unlikely).

2)He is terribad and we lose all the games. If we spend our picks wisely in this draft...we can still build a great team around him and surprise people by plugging in a real QB the year after. If he's that bad...We win Bridgewater and profit.

3)He wins some, he loses some. Hard to do worse than 2 wins. With 2 wins, we're again...Bridgewater. Cool. If we win more than that...it's probably not because TEBOW MAGIKZ!!! BETTER THAN GABBRTZ!!! But it means we're still a better team as a whole, and when we find the right QB...plug him in, and we're ready to turn some heads. Building from the ground up.

4)We all embrace the lolz and become the funniest team in history. Epic.

Really, it's just hard to see the real big downside that people backlash against there.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team hasn't been to the playoffs since 07 is that not a long enough drought for Jaguars fans? This team barely even makes games close. But clearly very few people mind competing they rather just see their favorite college QB prance around a back field with the arm talent of a Ed White JV quarter back.. if you like it fine and dandy.

As for Geno I have not said anything to slight Geno's arm talent I said his deep ball is his biggest asset.. but so was Jeff Blakes ok and? He has no problem with his arm talent. All I said was that he is not worth a No. 2 pick.. PERIOD! To me he is just another QB that is the product of a system with talented athletes around him.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: