Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Smith/Norv Turner to be fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanDiegoScrubs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I would be ok with this.

Rotoworld wrote:
Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune San Diego reports the Chargers have had "serious" internal discussions about making Colts OC Bruce Arians their next head coach.
The Chargers need to hire a general manager who's on board with Arians first, but upper management clearly has its eye on the 2012 Coach of the Year candidate. Per Acee, former Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt is interested in San Diego's vacancy. Again, much is going to come down to the next GM.

Not a fan of Arians at all, but would love Whisenhunt.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lakeroy wrote:
We need more than just corners on D. Phillips and Franklin are both FAs. If they leave we will obviously need an NT and OLB. And even if Phillips returns we'll still need another OLB because he's done. And if Spikes retires we'll need an ILB.

Phillips hasn't played very well for awhile and probably won't be back as I see him pricing himself out of his true value. Franklin could very easily resign but if he doesn't we still have Thomas and Garay.As for Spikes, he is definitely not the player he was and I really think we're better without him at this point. I really liked what Demorrio Williams did when he got some playing time, though he is also a FA.

Sure there are questions at some positions, but overall there is a strong base of high potential guys to build upon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I would be ok with this.

Rotoworld wrote:
Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune San Diego reports the Chargers have had "serious" internal discussions about making Colts OC Bruce Arians their next head coach.
The Chargers need to hire a general manager who's on board with Arians first, but upper management clearly has its eye on the 2012 Coach of the Year candidate. Per Acee, former Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt is interested in San Diego's vacancy. Again, much is going to come down to the next GM.

Ugh. Arians is sucha bad coordinator, I seriously hope he will have no input but I know he will

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Union Tribune has Arians at 4 to 1 odds of being the man. It also says they want a guy willing to have coordinators, and not a HC that wants control of the O/D.

http://www.utsandiego.com/photos/galleries/2012/dec/31/norv-turner-fired-10-possible-replacements/#/0

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Zappaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Union Tribune has Arians at 4 to 1 odds of being the man. It also says they want a guy willing to have coordinators, and not a HC that wants control of the O/D.

http://www.utsandiego.com/photos/galleries/2012/dec/31/norv-turner-fired-10-possible-replacements/#/0

Wonder if the whole Pagano ties help? Not really sure about Arians, don't know too much about him really.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

Wonder if the whole Pagano ties help? Not really sure about Arians, don't know too much about him really.

Handcuffed the Steelers for a while. Done well enough with Luck because it is easier to be conservative with a rookie

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who does everybody actually want? We all know some of the realistic candidates by now. Of the realistic candidates, who would make you more mad than keeping Norv would have?

game3525

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
So who does everybody actually want? We all know some of the realistic candidates by now. Of the realistic candidates, who would make you more mad than keeping Norv would have?

1. Mike McCoy
2. Ken Whisenhunt
3. Pete Carmichael

Those are the three guys I like the most. The potential guy that would [inappropriate/removed] me off is Jim Mora Jr.
kramxel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:

I'd be very happy with Wisenhunt!

Let me just say that I think we'll keep going for an offensive minded coach, and as such Wis feels the role very well.

Zona had some similar problems to us, as in they had a good roster which got depleted over time... I reallty don't know how much iput Wis had on personnel decisions and how much some of the debacles were his fault.

But still, I think he would be a great hire!

On the other side, the coaches I really don't want are:

- Bruce Arians, won a lot of close games this year and is very conservative in the playcalling. Don't think it would be a good fit.

- John Gruden, yeah he did take Tampa on to the SB, but just hearing him talk, tells me he is way too emotional for the job, and just falls in love with flashy guys. I really don't like his personality, and I think he doesn't have the talent around to overcome his deficiencies.

- Andy Reid, even though he is probably one of the most regarded coaches, again I don't like his personality. Most of his decisions are head-scratchers that only panned out when the Eagles had a great roster.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue Jackson
Steve Mariucci
Josh McDaniels

A small part of me would welcome Riley back with open arms. Maybe it's for the lolz.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
The Chargers will reportedly interview Cardinals VP of player personnel Steve Keim for their vacant GM position this week.
Shame on the Cardinals if they let Keim get away. A former on-the-road scout, Keim is viewed as a big personality with an impressive resume as a talent evaluator. Current director of player personnel in San Diego, Jimmy Raye III, is also viewed as a top candidate for the Chargers GM job. The Bolts were denied permission to interview Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell for the position -- reportedly at Russell's own request.

Kinda sad when people don't even want an interview for what would be a promotion.

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
The Chargers will reportedly interview Cardinals VP of player personnel Steve Keim for their vacant GM position this week.
Shame on the Cardinals if they let Keim get away. A former on-the-road scout, Keim is viewed as a big personality with an impressive resume as a talent evaluator. Current director of player personnel in San Diego, Jimmy Raye III, is also viewed as a top candidate for the Chargers GM job. The Bolts were denied permission to interview Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell for the position -- reportedly at Russell's own request.

Kinda sad when people don't even want an interview for what would be a promotion.
Russell is being groomed to be the GM for Denver though so that's probably why he turned SD down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Hue Jackson
Steve Mariucci
Josh McDaniels

A small part of me would welcome Riley back with open arms. Maybe it's for the lolz.

Hue and McDouche? I hope those are coaches you don't want because they suck... Laughing Laughing Laughing

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
In addition to Cardinals VP of player personnel Steve Keim, the Chargers will reportedly interview 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble and Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell for their vacant GM position.
As expected, Bolts player personnel director Jimmy Raye III will also get an interview as an in-house candidate. Widely respected around the league, Gamble and Caldwell are vying for the same position with the Jaguars and Jets as well. It comes as no surprise that former longtime GM Ron Wolf has put together an impressive list while spearheading the Chargers' search.

Everybody on the list is a Director of Player Personnel. No AGM's, no former GM's, no contract guys. Is the lack of experience going to payoff, or is going to hurt in the long run?

Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean seems to have changed his strategy based on the guys hes interviewing. Marc Ross, Gamble, etc, it looks like he might actually be serious about winning...god forbid

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: