Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Melt down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick one
Gary kubiak
56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
Matt Schaub
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Wade Phillips
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Andre Johnson
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
whoever the hell is the oc these days
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
the secondary
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Oline
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Foster
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

CAS22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GK press conference in 5 minutes.

LINK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this team doesn't have any type of swagger? I mean, I rarely see the players fired up before the game. Well maybe one time this season, but other than that it seems like they are playing just to play. I don't see no emotion from the players. I wish someone do a pre game chant similar to Brees and the Saints. Something to fire this team up.

Because that chant really helped the Saints remain a juggernaut this year Rolling Eyes

A team takes on the identity of its best players, and our best players are generally quiet and workmanlike. Andre, JJ Watt, Chris Myers, Duane Brown... none of them attract any attention to themselves on or off the field. Arian is a little more visible off the field, but other than the Namaste TD celebration, he doesn't do much on the field other than play.

Sig by matthouston91
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this team doesn't have any type of swagger? I mean, I rarely see the players fired up before the game. Well maybe one time this season, but other than that it seems like they are playing just to play. I don't see no emotion from the players. I wish someone do a pre game chant similar to Brees and the Saints. Something to fire this team up.

Because that chant really helped the Saints remain a juggernaut this year Rolling Eyes

A team takes on the identity of its best players, and our best players are generally quiet and workmanlike. Andre, JJ Watt, Chris Myers, Duane Brown... none of them attract any attention to themselves on or off the field. Arian is a little more visible off the field, but other than the Namaste TD celebration, he doesn't do much on the field other than play.

Not the point. At least they are always hyped for their games even though they finished 7-9 this season. I would kill to have a vocal leader at QB like Brees is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing we have to bring up is Wade's creation of matchup problems. How many times have we seen Bradie James on a TE on 3rd down? Just completely unnecessary. Ruud should be the LB in on 3rd downs in the 4-1-6.

If I'm Wade, I'm bringing the house all day Saturday. Dalton gets rattled when pressure starts to get to him, and god knows we can't rush the passer with just 4 anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Another thing we have to bring up is Wade's creation of matchup problems. How many times have we seen Bradie James on a TE on 3rd down? Just completely unnecessary. Ruud should be the LB in on 3rd downs in the 4-1-6.

If I'm Wade, I'm bringing the house all day Saturday. Dalton gets rattled when pressure starts to get to him, and god knows we can't rush the passer with just 4 anymore.

That's your example?

Mine would be Ball on CJ the first half
Harris on Wayne this past week

His CB management has been atrocious lately.

#JDI
CAS22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

That's your example?

Mine would be Ball on CJ the first half
Harris on Wayne this past week

His CB management has been atrocious lately.

I just hate the fact that Bradie James is on the field at all. I agree with the CB management part too though. I would like to see Routt get a chance in the slot, he can't do any worse than Harris.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put most of the heat on Schaub.. two bigtime misses on interceptions early BURIED us @ Indy. I would say the best solution to the meltdown is to add competition to each position on offense. I think they owe it to Kubiak to let him load up this draft considering Wade Phillips got damn near the entire 2011 draft and the first and fourth picks in the 2012 draft. THAT along with Rick Smith deciding we had to axe Winston and let Brisiel walk I believe this put Kubiak in a pretty tough spot. If they're going to be honest about what happened this offseason I think they'll have to add a WR, a RB, a TE, a T, and a QB.. and all of those players should be in competition for considerable playing time.

LORK88
Grasspike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Not the point. At least they are always hyped for their games even though they finished 7-9 this season. I would kill to have a vocal leader at QB like Brees is.

What value does that add to the team? All I care about is if they put a good product on the field (which at 12-4, they did this year) and if they aren't screw-ups off the field (which the organization has done a good job of making sure doesn't happen). I'd much rather have a team like ours that has interesting characters like Barwin, Foster, and Cushing than a team that just yells a lot before games.

Sig by matthouston91
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

What value does that add to the team? All I care about is if they put a good product on the field (which at 12-4, they did this year) and if they aren't screw-ups off the field (which the organization has done a good job of making sure doesn't happen). I'd much rather have a team like ours that has interesting characters like Barwin, Foster, and Cushing than a team that just yells a lot before games.

the way you push aside emotion in the nfl is mind blowing
Grasspike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I'm not doing anything of the sort. I'm just dismissing the armchair quarterback diagnosis that lack of emotion is the problem with this team. Do you remember when I was the only one that mentioned that the emotional boost provided by Chuck Pagano's return from cancer likely played a role in the Colts' win over us last week?

Sig by matthouston91
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I'm not doing anything of the sort. I'm just dismissing the armchair quarterback diagnosis that lack of emotion is the problem with this team. Do you remember when I was the only one that mentioned that the emotional boost provided by Chuck Pagano's return from cancer likely played a role in the Colts' win over us last week?

LOL at thinking you were the only one saying that Pagano would cause a spark for them

BUT having a guy who can get this team into that extra gear on the field when the chips are down is vital....ala Brian Cushing
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

LOL at thinking you were the only one saying that Pagano would cause a spark for them

BUT having a guy who can get this team into that extra gear on the field when the chips are down is vital....ala Brian Cushing

Read page 2 of this thread again, brother. I wasn't the only one saying it in real life, I was the only one in here that said that the Colts were an 11-win team playing with an emotional boost from Pagano returning, after which I was immediately attacked because emotion apparently isn't a good reason when I mention it.

Sig by matthouston91
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order:

1. Gary Kubiak - The head guy takes the fall. No questions asked. The guy had a mini-miracle last season, with the QB conundrum and all...made some magic out of that, I can admit to that. This year? Not a single instance in which this team performed to expectations since the Baltimore game. This cannot be tolerated as a fan of the team. Gary Kubiak lucked himself into some good will with last years' 10-6 + 1 season, but that good will should be thrown by the wayside when evaluating his efforts now.

2. Matt Schaub - Guy has thrown 1 TD and 3 INTs in the last four games. People say that QBs get too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when the team loses...and to be honest, this might not be the case with Matty, the blame being thrown on him is justified. Guy has not played good football since the Jags game, a game in which the level of competetion lent itself to a magnificant outing.

3. The offensive line - Indirectly tied to Kubiak, actually. You've played 16 games, had a bye week in there as well. WHY hasn't this team penned in starters at RG and RT? This team hasn't developed the replacements enough to be viable starters, they were too confident in their release of Eric Winston...and you add those two elements up, it leads to what we see now, and that is a ZBS that can't run or pass block.

4. Wade Phillips - For the love of all that is Texans, why the heck is Brandon Harris still on the field? Since his New England outing, the guy has been a complete liability. Yet, instead of trying to cut off the bleeding, they throw the guy out there in instances in which he is completely overmatched. Shouldn't you take a shot with Stanford Routt? Roc Carmichael? While I'm at it, why is Quentin Demps still getting massive amounts of PT? Has he shown any sort of moxie? Isn't he playing with two broken thumbs? Troy Nolan is still waiting by the phone, and at the very LEAST...he provides another body over Demps and Shiloh Keo. If Wade is the "co-head coach" and manager of the defense, he's got to take the blame for such a porous pass defense.

5. The LBs - I can give Brooks Reed a slight pass, as he looked spry in the Minny game. Had he not hurt himself, I could see him making an impact for the D, when they need it the most. Whitney Mercilius is one dimensional, but hey...at least he's getting to the QB when he's asked to do so. Outside of those two, ALL of our LBs have been complete garbage. Connor Barwin must want his way out of Houston, because he's playing as if he doesn't want a new contract. Bradie James is nice for a soundbite or two, but he's a complete liability on any play, at any time. Daryl Sharpton is coming back from his injury, so he can get a slight pass, but even he's been hit or miss. I don't know where the heck Tim Dobbins is now. All in all, this unit that was considered one of the best in the NFL - has been anything BUT one of the best in the NFL. The loss of Brian Cushing can be lent to this, but should ANY unit fail so badly after the loss of one player?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, at the risk of being attacked by the masses - 112/1598 is a FANTASTIC season, but to have those numbers and ONLY score 4 TDs is nothing short of a failure. I think the only WR to post 100+ receptions and have such a poor season catching TD passes was Wes Welker in 2009. Nobody cared, because Randy Moss caught 13 TD passes.

Either you catch that many passes and score TDs, or you open up someone else to catch TDs. If you have THAT many catches, THAT many yards...not scoring TDs needs to be a mark that's held against you.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Now, at the risk of being attacked by the masses - 112/1598 is a FANTASTIC season, but to have those numbers and ONLY score 4 TDs is nothing short of a failure. I think the only WR to post 100+ receptions and have such a poor season catching TD passes was Wes Welker in 2009. Nobody cared, because Randy Moss caught 13 TD passes.

Either you catch that many passes and score TDs, or you open up someone else to catch TDs. If you have THAT many catches, THAT many yards...not scoring TDs needs to be a mark that's held against you.

I don't think it is a mark. It raises questions about why.

But we know why. It's the same reason he's always had low TD numbers. We generally don't look his way at all from the 10 yard line in. We are happy with dumps over the middle to OD. Or back of the endzone to Graham. Or fades to Kevin bleeping Walter. Kubiak has been very clear that Andre is nothing but a decoy down there.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: