Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Mariners Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Saw that too. But this is a Mariners fan. Even has his own blog. Guess they let anyone run those. Laughing

Who is it?

https://twitter.com/WSUJoeDoyle

I was going to try and see where he was coming from, then I read the replies to him and his replies back. He's either terribly misinformed on the subject, or just bat ish crazy. Laughing

I'm sure he has a bright future ahead of him on Bleacher Report.

Laughing

So true.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/mlbbuzz/article/source_mariners_marlins_have_discussed_stanton/12556513

I'm 99% sure nothing will come of this, but IF the Marlins deal Stanton, this is Jack's time to step up to the plate and land a stud bat.

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/mlbbuzz/article/source_mariners_marlins_have_discussed_stanton/12556513

I'm 99% sure nothing will come of this, but IF the Marlins deal Stanton, this is Jack's time to step up to the plate and land a stud bat.
Only guy on the market I'd deal Walker for.

Felix leading the rotation with Stanton in the lineup. Great pieces to build a team.

IDOG_det

#JDI
RCobb18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guti did really well this winter in the Venezuelan Winter League! I am really hoping the guy can stay healthy and return to his 2009 form.

Quote:
Franklin Gutierrez finished 30-for-86 (.349) for Leones del Caracas of the Venezuelan Winter League.
He tallied six doubles, three homers, 19 RBI and 13 runs in 22 games. The Mariners will hope that Gutierrez can build off that success. Rotoworld.com
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/1/5/3838474/seattle-mariners-top-20-prospects-for-2013

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/1/5/3838474/seattle-mariners-top-20-prospects-for-2013
Those grades are ridiculous. You're #20 prospect shouldn't have a C+ grade. Wow.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pitching we have is truly ridiculous...

Taijuan Walker
Danny Hultzen
James Paxton
Brandon Maurer
Victor Sanchez
Luis Gohara

All those guys, with Maurer being the exception, have 1/2 potential. It's awesome. This is also after trading Michael Pineda and Jose Campos. Laughing

Really taking a hard look at it, we could afford to lose 3 of them if it brought back and awesome player and we'd still be more than fine on the pitching end.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go as far to say we'd be fine without 3 of them. Pitcher is such a volatile position, and 2 of these guys are years away. If 2 of them live up to their potential, we're in a great position. But there is definitely ammunition there to acquire a star if one hits the market.

Gohara will be really interesting to follow this year. 16 years old, projectable lefty, already touching 96, and flashing a good curve. Shocked Read some of the comments on the BP rankings last week, and Parks was saying Gohara was a better prospect than Luis Heredia.

All the hype aside, I like were Sickels ranked him. Doesn't make sense to get that excited without any innings under his belt.

#JDI
animaltested

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
I wouldn't go as far to say we'd be fine without 3 of them. Pitcher is such a volatile position, and 2 of these guys are years away. If 2 of them live up to their potential, we're in a great position. But there is definitely ammunition there to acquire a star if one hits the market.

Gohara will be really interesting to follow this year. 16 years old, projectable lefty, already touching 96, and flashing a good curve. Shocked Read some of the comments on the BP rankings last week, and Parks was saying Gohara was a better prospect than Luis Heredia.

All the hype aside, I like were Sickels ranked him. Doesn't make sense to get that excited without any innings under his belt.

I try to avoid getting exciting about prospects until they have reached at least AA. So many variables, so many injuries, so many potential blow ups.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton invoked his limited no-trade clause to reject an agreed-upton deal between the D'Backs and Mariners that would have sent Upton to Seattle, reports Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. It's unknown that the M's would have given up to get Upton, though the return was described as "a package of young talent."

#JDI
RCobb18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised, I wonder what the return package would have been. In all honesty if he doesn't want to come to Seattle then I think we should move on. We don't need to have a player on our team who doesn't want to be here (ala Figgins).
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:
Not surprised, I wonder what the return package would have been. In all honesty if he doesn't want to come to Seattle then I think we should move on. We don't need to have a player on our team who doesn't want to be here (ala Figgins).

Agreed. I'm disappointed, but I don't want players that don't want to be here either.

The package was described as "substantial".

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Upton rejected deal, and by doing so, one source said, "saved Jack Z's job." Package from #Mariners to #DBacks first reported by @scottmcbs.

Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 11, 2013

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to assume Walker was in the deal and the executive thought highly, as do a lot of people do, about Walker. Maybe Montero as well if it was so bad it'd cost Z his job. I'd like to see what the offer was, but this was probably the one he was talking about after the Morales trade.

EDIT: Didn't see the post Eagles made in the other thread, so Montero wouldn't have been a part of it.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ussmariner.com/2013/01/13/current-roles/

Reading this just makes the Ibanez signing even more ridiculous. Still can't get over how terrible of a move that was.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 77 of 99

Jump to: