Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals Front Office Changes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Bengals Front Office Changes? Reply with quote

Interesting:

Quote:
Heard some rumblings that perhaps the Bengals beef up their front office this offseason, and maybe add a general manager position. Owner Mike Brown did expand his scouting staff, finally, a year ago. Worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21476702/monday-observations-gms-grigson-schneider-should-share-top-honor

Doubt much happens though. Probably just add one or two more personnel people but no GM...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but we have been doing so well with drafts lately I almost dont want things to change

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be great. Can't see it happening though.
ark23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be a welcome change.

But yeah we have been drafting extremely well lately.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make whomever has been calling the shots in the draft our GM officially. I know it isn't Mike Brown. We can dream the dream of Marvin moving up to GM, Zimmer taking over as HC, and hiring Lovie Smith to take over for Zim as DC.

And honestly, if someone hires Jay Gruden as a HC away from us this offseason, I won't be heartbroken. He's better than Gradkowski (which isn't saying much), but I don't think he is anything special.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah Mike Brown will officially be on the payroll as GM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Just make whomever has been calling the shots in the draft our GM officially. I know it isn't Mike Brown. We can dream the dream of Marvin moving up to GM, Zimmer taking over as HC, and hiring Lovie Smith to take over for Zim as DC.

And honestly, if someone hires Jay Gruden as a HC away from us this offseason, I won't be heartbroken. He's better than Gradkowski (which isn't saying much), but I don't think he is anything special.

This.

.....and don't forget we have another HC/OC on the staff already in Hue Jackson.

It would be nice to think we keep Zimmer as HC, but Marvin Lewis ain't no Ozzie Newsome........

We also don't know what pressure Katie Blackburn has been putting on her pa to beef up the FO. I read someplace that she has been lobbying for a GM. She maybe one person Mike Brown would listen to........
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heckert is surprisingly available from up north. He has laid a solid groundwork to build on up there. maybe he could continue that trend on the other end of Ohio.

And we need to keep winning, if for no other reason than to keep Zimmer from interviewing other places.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
yeah Mike Brown will officially be on the payroll as GM

He already is. He's been paying himself a seven figure a year salary for his "GM responsibilities". It was brought up when one of the minority owners was suing him for something several years back...

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Heckert is surprisingly available from up north. He has laid a solid groundwork to build on up there. maybe he could continue that trend on the other end of Ohio.

And we need to keep winning, if for no other reason than to keep Zimmer from interviewing other places.

Heckert Jr was 14-34 in Cleveland, and made some pretty lousy hires. Not sure I want him anywhere near the Bengals. I'm sure Browns fans would love him to come on down to Cincy.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Heckert Jr was 14-34 in Cleveland, and made some pretty lousy hires. Not sure I want him anywhere near the Bengals. I'm sure Browns fans would love him to come on down to Cincy.

But look who he has drafted the past two years. Look at how far they have come. Are you seriously suggesting that he didn't drastically improve that team? It was in shambles when he arrived.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

But look who he has drafted the past two years. Look at how far they have come. Are you seriously suggesting that he didn't drastically improve that team? It was in shambles when he arrived.

Look at who they whiffed on this year though. Heckert was doing a good job for them, but overall he was meh. Trading up for Trent Richardson? Selecting Weeden in the 1st?

I liked what he did with the D-Line but D-Line is the one group that we're good at right now. We need someone that can draft LBs, Safeties and O-Linemen...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: