Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: 2013 Offseason Mock Reply with quote

The Miami Dolphins are on the precipice of becoming a legitimate playoff contender. With 45.0 million of current cap space, the resources are in place to upgrade this roster significantly.

Prior to considering external Free Agent Options, a series of decisions must be made with the current personnel.

UFA:
QB Matt Moore (29)

Moore is one of the top backups in the league, and will garner a multi-year deal on the open market. Lions Shaun Hill signed a 2 Year 5.5 M deal in 2012. Moore should be offered a deal in this price range, but he will test FA Waters and ultimately receive a 2 year offer with 3-4.0 million of AAV. He'll have an opportunity to possibly compete with an incumbent starter and it's simply in his best interest to sign elsewhere. We wish Matt the best and move forward.

Offer: 2 Years 6.0 Million (4.15 M Guaranteed)- Rejected

RB Reggie Bush (2Cool

Stephen Ross wants excitement in Miami & Reggie Bush is the one true marquee name on the roster. The atmosphere at Sun Life Stadium was severely lacking. While Bush does provide game-breaking ability- Is he worn a multiyear commitment with significant guaranteed money? The Franchise Tag is simply not an option. Players & Agents detest that Tag, as it hinders their ability to sign a multiyear deal. With Bush represented by Legadere Unlimited's Joel Segal, ensuring a strong working relationship is essential given he also negotiates on behalf of Mike Pouncey & Reshad Jones.

Offer: 3 Years 16.0 Million (6.5 M Guaranteed)- Rejected

WR Brian Hartline (26)

If Hartline plays his FA Process wisely, he will be rewarded for emerging as the top receiving option on the roster. Hartline can either demand top dollar or recognize he is an unspectacular second receiver in the league today. Teams that run into walls are the ones that overpay to retain their homegrown talent. With Hartline, he's in a system and he's finding success. An equitable deal should be reached.

Hartline's deal is built similarly to Laurent Robinson's signed last offseason with Jacksonville (5 Years 32.5 M w/ 14.0 M Guaranteed).

Offer: 5 Years 30.0 Million (14.0 M Guaranteed)- Accepted

TE Anthony Fasano (29)

Fasano seeks a 2-3 year pact and the Dolphins are not willing to go beyond one year. Fasano lacks big play ability, but he will garner that multi year deal on the open market. Teams love Notre Dame guys and did you see the deal John Carlson signed? Fasano's representatives make clear they're not interested in a one year agreement.

No Offer

OT Jake Long (2Cool

Long's representatives are seeking a 5 Year Commitment worth upper echelon Left Tackle money. Beyond the financial commitment, Long does not fit the scheme ideally, his performance has regressed over his career and durability is now a major concern. Long is allowed to depart.

No Offer

DT Tony McDaniel

No Offer

DT Randy Starks (29)

Focal point to the run defense, Starks is one of the best available DTs in Free Agency. To ensure he is retained, the team should be willing to part with Paul Soliai if necessary. Ultimately, Starks' Camp will float the Chris Canty deal the Giants gave him in 2009 (6 Years 42.0 M w/ 17.25 M Guaranteed). Canty was 27 at the time, so the length of Starks' deal won't be 6 Years, but he's worth 6-7 million a year.

Offer: 5 Years 33.0 Million (14.85 M Guaranteed)- Accepted

LB Jason Trusnik (29)

Top Special Teams tackler and a capable backup- Trusnik is a great glue guy that fills out the backend of the roster with versatility and STs contributions.

Offer: 2 Years 1.9 Million (1.0 M Guaranteed)- Accepted

S Chris Clemons (27)

Kevin Coyle has produced highly successful safeties in his system. The safety position has been medicore for the past few years and making a multi year commitment to Clemons is not financially prudent. The resources saved should be utilized to lock up Reshad Jones longterm.

No Offer

CB Dimitri Patterson (30)

Patterson is cut to return 4.6 M in cap savings and then offered a 2 year deal to stay in his hometown. In an exceptionally deep CB FA group, Patterson takes the offer.

Offer: 2 Years 5.5 Million (2.85 M Guaranteed)- Accepted

CB Sean Smith (26)

Consistency is the issue and the talented lengthy corner will have the opportunity to prove he's worth top dollar on the 1 Year Franchise Tag, at a generous 10.581 M pricetag. Efforts to workout a team friendly longterm extension will stall and ultimately 2013 will be Smith's year to prove he's an invaluable piece on the backend.

Offer: Franchise Tag Tendered 1 Year 10.581 M

S Tyrone Culver (30)

1 Year 850,000 (100,000 Guaranteed)

Competes to provide depth at Safety.

RFA:
QB Pat Devlin (25) Non-Tendered. Resigned 1 Year 500,000 (100,000 Guaranteed).

Devlin has experience in the system and will compete to be the teams top backup in 2013.

RB Marcus Thigpen (27) 1 Year 685,000

WR Marlon Moore (26) Not Retained

TE Jeron Mastrud (25) 1 Year 585,000

S Jonathan Amaye (24) 1 Year 585,000

Cuts:
OG Richie Incognito (4.3 M of Cap Savings- 1.083 M of Dead Money)
CB Dimitri Patterson (4.6 M of Cap Savings- 0 of Dead Money)

Restructured:
LB Karlos Dansby (31)- Guarantees an additional 500,000 in 2014 and Dansby forfeits 1.0 M of his 2013 bonus to avoid being a cap casualty. (1.5 M of Cap Savings)

CB Richard Marshall (2Cool- Takes minor pay cut to avoid being axed off an injury riddled year. 800,000 of Savings.

UFA:
QB Drew Stanton (29) 2 Years 2.5 M (1.65 M Guaranteed)

Drew Rosenhaus couldn't have been more helpful with Dimitri Patterson & Richard Marshall voluntarily restructuring. Stanton fills a void with veteran experience and as a capable backup.

WR Dwayne Bowe (2Cool 5 Years 43.0 M (22.75 M Guaranteed)

After checking in on Greg Jennings, the team decides on Bowe. A powerful receiver that will instantly upgrade the receiving corps. Sharing the same agent as Karlos Dansby, that restructure savings is allocated to the highly talented Bowe.

OT Rashad Butler (30)- 1 Year 950,000 (200,000 Guaranteed)
Veteran fit for ZBS that comes as a bargain price due to one major question- why with the glaring hole at RT in Houston could he not become the starter?

OG Andy Levitre (27)- 6 Years 46.1 Million (27.0 M Guaranteed).

Savings from Jake Long and cutting Richie Incognito are allocated to upgrading the LG spot with an ideal scheme fit still in his prime.

DT Pat Sims (27)- 3 Years 6.0 M (2.0 M Guaranteed)

Once poised to cash in during FA, coming off a down year in Cincinnati and he comes at a bargain. Will provide valuable depth behind Soliai and ultimately replace Paul when he departs following 2013.

S Rafael Bush (26)- 4 Years 8.5 M (2.1 M Guaranteed).

Will be a RFA but will not require compensatory draft pick after Saints refuse to match the Offer Sheet. Roman Harper is one of the most overrated safeties in the league- and I feel this kid should be the starter in NO. Will compete for a starting spot and I believe he could be the steal of the FA process.

S Chris Crocker (33)- 1 Year 1.0 M (250,000 Guaranteed)

Coached by Kevin Coyle in Cincinnati- brings veteran stability and competes for the starting spot opposite Reshad Jones.

Extension:
S Reshad Jones (25) 6 Years 40.0 M (20.8 M Guaranteed)

Trade:
Pick 146 to Green Bay for TE Jermichael Finley

Character & Consistency questions- had success in Green Bay with Joe Philbin. With one year remaining on his 2 Year 14.0 M deal- he could take this passing game to the next level. Adds the receiving threat the TE position has lacked since Randy McMichael.

Trade:
Pick 12 + 77 (1,405) to Cleveland for Pick 6.
Pick 56 to Kansas City for Picks 63 + 134.

6. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
42. Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
63. Kyle Long OT Oregon
82. Shayne Skov LB Stanford
111. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
134. Braden Hansen OG Brigham Young
223. Washaun Ealey RB Jacksonville State
230. Darius Johnson WR SMU
253 (Compensatory): Frank Beltre LB Towson

UDFA:
QB Sean Renfree Duke
FB Eric Breitenstein Wofford

Depth Chart:
QB: Ryan Tannehill, Drew Stanton*, Pat Devline
RB: Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, Washaun Easley^, Marcus Thigpen
FB: Eric Breitenstein&
WR: Dwayne Bowe*, Davone Bess, Rishard Matthews
WR: Brian Hartline, Armon Binns, Darius Johnson^
TE: Jermichael Finley*, Michael Egnew, Gavin Escobar^
LT: Jonathan Martin, Rashad Buter*
LG: Andy Levitre*, Will Yeatman
OC: Mike Pouncey,
RG: John Jerry, Braden Hansen^
RT: Nate Garner, Kyle Long^

LE: Bjoern Werner^, Jared Odrick, Derrick Shelby
DT: Randy Starks, Kheeston Randall
DT: Paul Soliai, Pat Sims*
RE: Cameron Wake, Oliver Vernon
SB: Koa Misi, Jason Trusnik
MB: Karlos Dansby, Shayne Skov
WB: Kevin Burnett, Josh Kaddu, Jonathan Freeny
LC: Sean Smith, Richard Marshall, R.J. Stanford
RC: Logan Ryan*, Dimitri Patterson
FS: Rafael Bush*, Chris Crocker*, Jimmy Wilson
SS: Reshad Jones, Tyrone Culver

K: Dan Carpenter
P: Brandon Fields
LS: John Denney
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no particular order ... Sean Smith is what he is. He tried desperately not to be this year, but ended up being Sean Smith ... I don't agree with the tag.

As far as Rashad Butler, i think he will go from Houstons major question to our major question. I have no patience for more mysteries on the offensive line.

Assuming JFinley won't be available for us without the draft pick price tag is huge. Keller and Cook are out there without price tag.

I don't see the point (and as with everything else I could be wrong) in extending Reshad Jones while signing older competition for him.

I see a mess in the draft / depth chart. First off ... too many DEs in this draft that will start in the NFL to trade up for this one. And the whole point in drafting a DE would be to rotate Odrick to his natural 4-3 position which is DT. That said I gotta question the Pat Sims signing.

Armon Binns makes your 2013 Squad ?

Nobody wants to see John Jerry at RG in 2013 while you cut Incognito. I'm all for cutting incognito (who's natural position is RG) but not so you can have a natural RT at RG. You seemed to get it on the left side with Levitre, but ignored the right side of the line. The right side of the line is this teams #1 problem area. And you left it basically untouched.

With all the money and the picks ... we look too much like 2012 ... Overpaid for Werner, Dwayne Bowe is OK I guess, he's not someone that makes the safeties act differently. And that's what we need.

Those are my thoughts.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another offseason with no playmaking WR. We need a guy that can stretch the field. I also don't believe that Bush rejects that kind of contract. Not really in favor of this offseason

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: