Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Glennon

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cusi10


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Mike Glennon Reply with quote

Want to hear your guys thoughts on Mike Glennon.

I am starting to fall in love with him. So far I have watched his game film against flordia state, maryland, and clemson and I just love everything about him.

Here is just a sample of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasYCFMQnfg&NR=1&feature=endscreen

What do you guys think about him. I would love to add him and get a new tackle in the first round if possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50827
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arm, Size, Upside.

That about sums up Glennon in three words. Still struggles inside the pocket, he is a statue and does not move very well laterally. Big arm, inconsistent accuracy.

Has the upside of a Drew Bledsoe type QB, but has the downside of a John Skelton/Derek Anderson type QB.

He is the type of QB that I think Ken Whisenhunt would be highly interested in. Whether or not the scouting team is that high on him is another matter.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the kid but I have more interest in what I see from Fales, Wilson, and Barkley before Glennon. Definite cannon for an arm though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Arm, Size, Upside.

That about sums up Glennon in three words. Still struggles inside the pocket, he is a statue and does not move very well laterally. Big arm, inconsistent accuracy.

Has the upside of a Drew Bledsoe type QB, but has the downside of a John Skelton/Derek Anderson type QB.

He is the type of QB that I think Ken Whisenhunt would be highly interested in. Whether or not the scouting team is that high on him is another matter.


I agree with this. The same exact type of prospect as John Skelton. He has better experience having played against top level competition but his ability to read defenses, throw accurately, and play consistently are things that have to develop in order for him to be successful. When it comes to those things it's hard to predict whether he'll ever develop enough mentally.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3126
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Arizona picked him in the 2nd I not have a problem with it.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible decision maker.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12569
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Terrible decision maker.


Yep. Perfect fit in our scheme... But seriously some of the ESPN heads have him as the #1 QB over Geno etc.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50827
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Terrible decision maker.


Yep. Perfect fit in our scheme... But seriously some of the ESPN heads have him as the #1 QB over Geno etc.


Learn quickly son, ESPN heads know nothing. Don't listen to Kiper or McShay, in fact ignore them (Heck McShay called Fales an UDFA? kid would be a 1st round QB even if he declared after one year of college football).

You want to get good, quality draft information; NFLDraftMonsters, Ben Allbright, Tom Melton, Justin Partlow et al over there. Eric Galko and crew at Optimum Scouting, Brian Perez at FirstRoundGrade

And seriously from the 1st of Jan (beleive that is launch date) The Football Standard is going to be cram packed full of the best draft stuff on the web.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's associated with the Football Standard?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50827
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Who's associated with the Football Standard?


Basically all those guys I mentioned plus some.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23thefootballstandard&src=typd

Should be really good.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12569
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Terrible decision maker.


Yep. Perfect fit in our scheme... But seriously some of the ESPN heads have him as the #1 QB over Geno etc.


Learn quickly son, ESPN heads know nothing. Don't listen to Kiper or McShay, in fact ignore them (Heck McShay called Fales an UDFA? kid would be a 1st round QB even if he declared after one year of college football).

You want to get good, quality draft information; NFLDraftMonsters, Ben Allbright, Tom Melton, Justin Partlow et al over there. Eric Galko and crew at Optimum Scouting, Brian Perez at FirstRoundGrade

And seriously from the 1st of Jan (beleive that is launch date) The Football Standard is going to be cram packed full of the best draft stuff on the web.


I used to like Kiper but he's had some big misses. I still follow him a little bit but just change the station when McShay is on. Thanks for the sites I'll have to check them out.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What people have to remember about Kiper and McShay is that they're entertainers. If they completely blow an evaluation, no big deal...just so long as people tune in. And because the draft is such a big deal these days, lots of average fans tune in during draft time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 452
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Dan Shonka from ourlads scouting services? I hear him on the radio here and there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cusi10


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost in all this craziness is Mike Glennon played today and was not pretty.

My main man threw 3 picks I have to watch the game to see how he really looked but the stat line doesnt look good. He did throw for 300 plus yds though.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
lost in all this craziness is Mike Glennon played today and was not pretty.

My main man threw 3 picks I have to watch the game to see how he really looked but the stat line doesnt look good. He did throw for 300 plus yds though.......


I noted a it a little in the draft thread. He was ugly but it was much the usual story with him. Poor decision making, doesn't handle pressure well.

WRs dropped some balls but Glennon was his own worst enemy today, no excuses.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group