Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: The 2013 Off-Season Thread Reply with quote

I feel like there needs to be an off season thread for coaching and player changes. There is already a draft thread. I just felt like everything was just getting too scrambled together.

Anyways I still don't like that Jerry Gray has not been fired yet Sad Anxious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. My wish list......

1.) Fire Jerry Gray
2.) Hire Lovie Smith, Eric Mangini, or Romeo Crennel
3.) Cut Griffin, Amano, Babineaux, and Hawkins
4.) Resign Reynaud, Bironas, Cook, Velasco, and Lutui

That's the perfect start in my opinion.

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Good idea. My wish list......

1.) Fire Jerry Gray
2.) Hire Lovie Smith, Eric Mangini, or Romeo Crennell
3.) Cut Griffin, Amano, Babineaux, and Hawkins
4.) Resign Reynaud, Bironas, Cook, Velasco, and Lutui

That's the perfect start in my opinion.

That would all be awesome lol

Jared Cook just said the only way he would resign with the Titans is if he was assured the offense was better and he was more involved basically lol. I really hope we can resign him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world anyone would want to fire Jerry Gray after the strides he made I'll never know...

We do, however, have to take a long hard look at Loggains. I for one don't think he's right for the job, but who knows. These WR's also need looked at. Yesterday wasn't the first time they have screwed Jake Locker royally.

What I want to happen. Sign Dwayne Bowe/Mike Wallace and Domonique Rogers Cromartie.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Niznag74

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think we need to replace Britt, guy is made of glass and it hurts us for him not to be out there 100%. Wright is coming along pretty good, I want to see him make a big jump next year and take over that #1 or #2 spot and be a game changer for us. It would be nice to pick someone up to play next to him like Bowe or Wallace(I really wanted us to draft him that year). I think that would be a big improvement to help out Jake. Keeping Cook would also be very high on the list to help him out.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@glennonsports: Munchak says team will add young players to offensive line for first time in while”

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Munchak says offensive line, safety and defensive end among the positions that could be addressed in offseason.”

Watch this be the season we draft a O-lineman in the 1st. A year too late Munchak, you idiot.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Munchak assuming CJ and Michael Griffin will have their contract options exercised.”

Ugh to Griffin
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@glennonsports: Munchak says team will add young players to offensive line for first time in while”

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Munchak says offensive line, safety and defensive end among the positions that could be addressed in offseason.”

Watch this be the season we draft a O-lineman in the 1st. A year too late Munchak, you idiot.

Says you...
Wright was a good pick.

Much better lineman in this draft than last year.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Says you...

I'm not the only one.

Wright was an ok pick. DeCastro at 20 last year would've been much better than Warmack at #10 this year.

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niznag74 wrote:
I really think we need to replace Britt, guy is made of glass and it hurts us for him not to be out there 100%. Wright is coming along pretty good, I want to see him make a big jump next year and take over that #1 or #2 spot and be a game changer for us. It would be nice to pick someone up to play next to him like Bowe or Wallace(I really wanted us to draft him that year). I think that would be a big improvement to help out Jake. Keeping Cook would also be very high on the list to help him out.

I wouldn't mind taking a run at Wallace. I wanted to draft him when he came out in the draft.
Same with Bowe. I wanted to draft him over Griffin.
Also if Greg Jennings gets out of Green Bay that would be nice.

Last edited by KingTitan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munchak stood behind Locker today at his press conference and said they will find an OC and QB coach to help him. He didn't rule out making Tom Moore the OC and Loggains back at QB coach.

Im glad they know we have to get a new OC at least Very Happy its a start!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Niznag74 wrote:

I wouldn't mind taking a run at Wallace. I wanted to draft him when he came out in the draft.
Same with Bowe. I wanted to draft him over Griffin.
Also if Greg Jennings gets out of Green Bay that would be nice.

I wouldn't mind signing Greg Jennings. Not a big fan on Bowe or Wallace, since I think they want big money. Titans have other needs, so spending big money on a FA WR wouldn't be smart, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Says you...

I'm not the only one.

Wright was an ok pick. DeCastro at 20 last year would've been much better than Warmack at #10 this year.

I edited and added more because "says you" was jerkish and not good for conversation...

But DeCastro was billed as one of the best OG's to come out in a while. Only to be topped in my mind by at least 2 of the Alabama guys. One that can play C/OG and another than can play OG/C/T. I'd take a guy like that over DeCastro who even when he played got pushed around as a smaller OG.

Wright was a good pick. He tied rookies with Receptions. I'm not sure what you want from a Rookie WR.
64 catches 626 yards and 4 TDs.

That is one of the better receiving years we have seen from the Titans in decades and that wasn't even the best on the team.

He made key catches on 3rd downs and showed excellent run after the catch.
Yes he had some drops and hopefully that will improve.

Sorry, but producing WR will always..ALWAYS be more valuable than an OG.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Jerry Grey fired

Hire Rod Maranelli, Lovie, or Ron Rivera

I'd love to see the Titans replace Cook with another proven TE (Keller, Davis, Finley, Bennett are all promising FA)

Sign a FA G Adam Levitre

I'd roll with Loggains and Moore to fix the offense. I'm not sold a all on Loggains, I still don't know why he's been considered 'the protege' since the Fisher days. However, the last thing I want is for Jake and the offense to have to spend a an offseason learning a new offense. I'd rather the offseason be focused on getting Locker healthy and improving his mechanics. The last thing a coach facing 'lame duck' status needs is a brand new offense that everyone is learning on the go.

**RIP Steve McNair**
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Says you...

I'm not the only one.

I edited and added more because "says you" was jerkish and not good for conversation...

But DeCastro was billed as one of the best OG's to come out in a while. Only to be topped in my mind by at least 2 of the Alabama guys. One that can play C/OG and another than can play OG/C/T. I'd take a guy like that over DeCastro who even when he played got pushed around as a smaller OG.

Wright was a good pick. He tied rookies with Receptions. I'm not sure what you want from a Rookie WR.
64 catches 626 yards and 4 TDs.

That is one of the better receiving years we have seen from the Titans in decades and that wasn't even the best on the team.

He made key catches on 3rd downs and showed excellent run after the catch.
Yes he had some drops and hopefully that will improve.

Sorry, but producing WR will always..ALWAYS be more valuable than an OG.

Wright will never be a #1 WR. Putting that aside, I remember you saying last year, you did not want a interior lineman with our 1st round pick which was #20. Now your saying, you'd want us to draft Warmack with the #10 pick. Am I reading that correctly? The whole thing with DeCastro is strictly a guard is crazy. He can also be a center. Can't say that about Warmack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 1 of 86

Jump to: