Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

your head coaching choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lovetitans wrote:

The only thing us going after Payton did was prevent us from going after Mario Williams, witch at this point looks like we made the right choice anyway.

what else did us going after Manning prevent us from doing?

we talked to other players and offered contracts to other players. they choose not to sign here. Payton had no baring on those players choosing to play elsewhere.

People say it stopped us from going after Mario Williams who I didn't really want at that price anyway..
Also a Center. But those guys weren't coming here anyway. Meyers wanted to stay in Houston and Wells spent half the season on IR. Saturday was just benched.
John Abraham also was mentioned but he wasn't going to turn the tide with our team.

Didnt Mario Williams only meet with the Bills? I dont remember him really meeting with anyone else so if he met with 1 team an signed with that team how did the Peyton Manning chase stop us from getting Williams? Also we had a chance at Koppen after the Manning stuff ended and we didnt want to pay him and he chose to be a back up in NE over playing for us then was released again an went to Denver so i dont think Manning was as big as a problem as i had first thought but i do think Manning going to Denver cost us other players when he signed Tracy Porter Tamme an Dressen all went to Denver when we had interest in those guys

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
lovetitans

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats exactly what im saying. us going after manning didnt stop us from going after any other players. people keep saying that Bud makeing the team go after manning is what hinderd the teams abilty to land other players witch is wrong, us being cheap and being a small market team is what kept us from signing those players.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

What exactly have we done with ALL that cap space anyway. Would Manning had the same effect? maybe not. We'd at least be a playoff team i think...

But anyway.. I didn't think and still don't think the Manning chase did any colossal damage. Players that were going to come here did and those that didn't wasn't interested anyway.

Who knows where it would have went. But I know it was impossible for it to go anywhere thanks to Bud's infatuation with Peyton.

And playoff team? lol, Peyton can't fix this defense. He has a top 5 in the NFL defense in Denver. We're a bottom 5 defense.

I disagree, Peyton could have put up a ton of points with the weapons we have here. Playing with a lead consistently does wonders for a defense. A big problem with the defense is that once they get down, they get no help from the offense. Eventually they get buried.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

What exactly have we done with ALL that cap space anyway. Would Manning had the same effect? maybe not. We'd at least be a playoff team i think...

But anyway.. I didn't think and still don't think the Manning chase did any colossal damage. Players that were going to come here did and those that didn't wasn't interested anyway.

Who knows where it would have went. But I know it was impossible for it to go anywhere thanks to Bud's infatuation with Peyton.

And playoff team? lol, Peyton can't fix this defense. He has a top 5 in the NFL defense in Denver. We're a bottom 5 defense.

I disagree, Peyton could have put up a ton of points with the weapons we have here. Playing with a lead consistently does wonders for a defense. A big problem with the defense is that once they get down, they get no help from the offense. Eventually they get buried.

I think if we signed Manning one of those Veteran CBs would of ended up here if it was by signing Porter or Gay or trading for Asante. Guys did follow Manning to Denver after he signed i was mad when we didnt get Manning because it looked like we missed out on other guys but the facts were no one wanted to come here. Manning went to Denver and other Vets followed. Bud threw the kitchen sink at Manning he tryed his best the only thing Bud could be critized for is the guys that signed after Manning signed like a Dan Koppen. Again the guy chose to be a back up over starting for us but it worked out for him hes on the verge of locking up a first round bye with Denver. I dont blame Bud for missing other talent i blame us not being good enough or more willing to throw a little extra cash at the lesser valued FAs like a Koppen or Saturday

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't get is how people can hate on Bud Adams for being cheap, then in the same breath hate on the man for trying to break the bank for Peyton Manning.

Something don't add up.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
What I don't get is how people can hate on Bud Adams for being cheap, then in the same breath hate on the man for trying to break the bank for Peyton Manning.

Something don't add up.

I think it was because, at the time, everybody wanted to use the money to go after one of those hot FA Centers and other positions. Plus people didn't like the idea of Manning wanting a 5 year deal because that would pretty much keep Locker completely out of the picture.

The whole pursuit of Manning out of nowhere like that just seemed like it f-cked up everybody else's FA plans. Kind of like he messed up Fisher's plans when we drafted VY. Whether it's bad timing or bad choices, Bud's meddling is his own undoing. If he wants to throw big money around to help his organization, try throwing it at a top notch coach who can build him a SuperBowl team.

Wow...that was pretty good.
Very Happy
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

Something don't add up.

Always a head scratcher. Giving big money to so many players. Like Roos, Stewart.
FA contracts to David Givens, Mawae, and Hope.
Contracts that put us in Cap Hell under Floyd Reese.

He has paid players well. Just because we were smart enough not to pay people like Jacob Bell, Haynesworth, Odom, etc.... we cheap.

They paid Griff, even when they shouldn't have.

Fisher was one of the highest paid coaches in the league.

Adams will pay people
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

Something don't add up.

Always a head scratcher. Giving big money to so many players. Like Roos, Stewart.
FA contracts to David Givens, Mawae, and Hope.
Contracts that put us in Cap Hell under Floyd Reese.

He has paid players well. Just because we were smart enough not to pay people like Jacob Bell, Haynesworth, Odom, etc.... we cheap.

They paid Griff, even when they shouldn't have.

Fisher was one of the highest paid coaches in the league.

Adams will pay people

Just the wrong people Laughing
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that is not currently on the Titans staff.

Anyone that is not Jon Gruden.

No positions coaches.

Preferably a defensive coordinator.
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Munchak gets fire (I don't see it) I'd like us to try and get Mike Zimmer or Andy Reid. That being said, I could see us going after Mike Holmgren due to our Seattle connections. Outside of those three I really have invested much time into looking at coaches.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know where to put this but...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are everyones thoughts on bringing in somrone like marty schottenheimer. Purely speculation. But definitely an interesting option if he was interested imo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
What are everyones thoughts on bringing in somrone like marty schottenheimer. Purely speculation. But definitely an interesting option if he was interested imo.

If it meant his son comes to be the OC with him 0 haha.

But Schottenheimer is a great coach I wouldn't mind it at all. He got a raw deal in SD fired after I think a 14-2 season. I'd prefer to go with a younger guy that is currently in the league though but Schottenheimer was a great coach for sure. Not sure if that still is the case

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly unlikely, but as I've said in a previous thread if Bud was $10,000 short of convincing Bill Cowher to be our coach .. I'd sell my car and give him the money. Everything he brings to the table excites me and he has the respect amongst the league to bring in a high quality staff. Naturally, he'd be silly to leave his broadcasting gig and apparently the only job he's considering on the rumor mill is the University of Kentucky.

I guess, if dreams can't come true I'd like a defensive minded HC. Zimmer is definitely deserving of the gig and I think he'd really improve our guys. Gus Bradley is a name I see tossed around here a lot and although he's done wonders with Seattle's D, I just don't know how I feel about him as our HC.

Guys like Andy Reid, Holmgren, Chip Kelly and Gruden are worth a call but I doubt they end up here.
Wilky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I didn't know where to put this but...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Deeeeej on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: