Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everson Griffen moving to LB; back to DE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Robbroy45 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
How long before he wrests the starting spot away from Robison?

should be in one week, but it won't be until after Training Camp next season.

What about kicking Robison inside to UT and starting Everson across from Jared? I remember in the 2009 season, and especially in the playoff run, Robison was being kicked inside a lot as a sub for K-Will and he was actually a pretty good UT. Any chance we just permanently kick Brian inside so that we don't have to overspend to re-sign K-Will and still be able to start Brian and Everson?

I can't see that. Kevin is a huge part of our run defense. If he isn't kept they have to get a real replacement. Robison could come in on passing downs but at 265 lbs. he would get pushed around.

couldn't have said it better.

Robison is a good player, and if you can move him around, he'll make plays.

The key to having a successful Dline is player rotation. If you can't do that, your line gets winded by the 4th quarter, and you make it easy on the QB.

I'm cool with rotating BRob/Griff along with everyone else. Heck, rotate Allen. Sure he's good at mind games with Olineman, but if he gets winded, then how useful is he to the defense? Keep him strong and fresh.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings backup left end Everson Griffen had three sacks last Sunday going against Packers rookie right tackle Don Barclay. Barclay has taken the place of Bryan Bulaga, who was lost to a hip injury in November.

Griffen: "I'm just giving him what he gives me so I'm playing off him. My main thing is just be relentless and just keep on with my second and first effort."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Conditions_stand_to_present_a_challenge_for_Vikings_kicking_game010313

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robison kicked inside when we had Edwards, but now it's Griffen who kicks inside on passing downs.

Personally I would be very interested in seeing how Griffen would play as a full time DT. Griffen is a force, and very difficult to contain, he's strong quick, and knows how to get under an offensive lineman's pads. Right now by looking at Griffen, I'd say he's about 280, if he could put on another 10 pounds or so of muscle in the offseason, I think he would be a beast at DT.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Robison kicked inside when we had Edwards, but now it's Griffen who kicks inside on passing downs.

Personally I would be very interested in seeing how Griffen would play as a full time DT. Griffen is a force, and very difficult to contain, he's strong quick, and knows how to get under an offensive lineman's pads. Right now by looking at Griffen, I'd say he's about 280, if he could put on another 10 pounds or so of muscle in the offseason, I think he would be a beast at DT.

Passing attacks favour him being on the feild, by the way he plays he understands how to use a big O-Lines weight to his advantage.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everson Griffen, after posting $50,000 bail after his second arrest, was summoned to Eden Prairie for a tet-e-tet with coach Leslie Frazier and members of the Vikings' front office. The brass declared the party over, pressed Griffen to sell the Porsche, stay put in Minnesota and enroll in the team's offseason conditioning and player development programs. It was a seminal moment for Griffen, who disavowed his reckless lifestyle and started over.

Griffen: "It was like, 'Everson, are you going to be out there doing wild things, or are you going to be an NFL player?' " I decided to be in the NFL, and I just took full advantage of it. The mistakes I made, I was young, really didn't know right from wrong. Everything happens for a reason. I'm blessed to be here now and show the Vikings my growth. I took it to the next level. Just hone in on that opportunity to be in the NFL. That's why I came back to Minnesota and focused on my job and allowed myself to learn more about myself, getting help from the people the Vikings helped me talk to and work on my problems."

"It's helped me immensely."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22312727/vikings-everson-griffen-becoming-player-and-man-team

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see one of my Trojans shedding the LA lifestyle and focusing on what matters.

Glad to have him here in Minnesota.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: