Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If griffin plays like dalton are we in the playoffs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If griffin plays like dalton are we in the playoffs?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Maybe, please explain
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Bengals had a favorable schedule whereas Wash does not. Wash schedule is tough not only in division but teams like Falcons, Steelers, Ravens and even the Bengals will be in front of RGIII. If Wash had a favorable schedule I wouldnt rule it out. Unfortunately they dont. Good luck, i'm a big fan of RGIII and bittersweet he is a Redskin. Crying or Very sad

I think you were implying that the Bengals had a more favorable schedule than the Panthers did, and thus we'd fall more in line with the Panthers. If I messed up the translation, my apologies.

Just one minor point:
Carolina's SOS last year = 0.504 (opp 129-127)
Cincinnati's SOS last year = 0.492 (opp 126-130)

So, it wasn't as if the quality of the opponents was that different for Dalton and Newton (Dalton did have to face the Ravens and Steelers twice each).
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
What teams did last year has absolutely 0 direct affect on what happens this year. I doubt people thought last year that the Colts would be such a bad team. But anyway, who says the Ravens will be good? The Steelers will be good? The Browns will be bad? Strength of schedule based off LAST year's standings is absolutely asinine.

At the same time, while last year's results will not necessarily predict this year's results, you can spot trends.

For instance, the Steelers have not had a losing season since 2003 and have only missed the playoffs twice since 2003 (2006 (8-8) and 2009 (9-7)). Given the age of their defense and some of the losses they've experienced, I suspect they won't replicate last year's 12-4 record. However, they're still likely to be a good team. Likewise, since 2003, the Ravens have had only three losing seasons and only one since 2006 (2007 when they went 5-11). They've made the playoffs ever other year since 2006.

On the other hand, the Browns have been an exercise in futility. Since their return to the NFL, they have had only two winning seasons: 9-7 in 2002 when they went to the playoffs, and 10-6 in 2007 when they didn't. In every other year, they've averaged 4.5 wins.

So, while there is no guarantee of future gains based on past performance, trends are a bit indicative. It's why we predict our record based on the schedule.
TKellion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love bumping our prediction threads lol Twisted Evil
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You keep bumping them, I'll keep locking them.

Technically, this is post-padding. You know, one of those things that Webby mentions you should not do in the forum rules.

Just saying.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: