Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NT Fangupo claimed by Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what to make of NT anymore, despite it being possibly the most important position in a 3-4 at one time. This signing allows for depth, because with 98 probably gone and 95 having some issues, depth is a priority. Seems like depth is always a challenge, never know who is going to get IR'd
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
yeah Ziggy and McLendon both are interchangables on the defense and personally... I'm somewhat surprised that - Lebeau haven't took advantage of this.

NT isn't a big need... However trend suggest it is.

Its impossible at this point for fans to really gauge how important NT is for the Steelers, because a) we dont know how they feel about Ziggy as a full time NT, and b) while they talked McClendon up big time before the season, as soon as Hampton got healthy, he hardly saw the field. Youd figure if McClendon was as good as they were leading on that he wouldve saw more playing time.

If they see one of those players as NTs, then sure. If not, than yes, NT is a big need.

However, if they move Ziggy to NT, then DE becomes a need.

It will be an interesting offseason.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if I had my druthers, I'd have Heyward-Ziggy-McClendon or Heyward-McClendon-Ziggy

of course, we'll keep Heyward and Ziggy on the wrong sides of the DL.

well, Heyward can play either side. I'm not sure Ziggy can really play either, truth be told.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
well, if I had my druthers, I'd have Heyward-Ziggy-McClendon or Heyward-McClendon-Ziggy

well, Heyward can play either side. I'm not sure Ziggy can really play either, truth be told.

Agreed with everything, especially the first set of Heyward-Ziggy-Mc

I always thought McClendon would be a better DE in the 34. Still do.

If we cut Keisel, hopefully they do some more experimenting and see who fits where.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Agreed with everything, especially the first set of Heyward-Ziggy-Mc

I always thought McClendon would be a better DE in the 34. Still do.

If we cut Keisel, hopefully they do some more experimenting and see who fits where.

I hate sounding like a pessimist, but I just wonder if there will be any type of actual experimentation or competition. We saw the 3 of them out there today, and it was Ziggy - McClendon - Heyward

and of course, Ziggy did nothing at LDE, while McClendon and Heyward generated pressure and shared a sack while Ziggy got pushed far away from the pocket playing that ridiculous read-react BS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: