Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Cuts/ Walks:

A. Spencer
M. Jenkins
D. Free
F. Jones
M. Bernadeau
K. Coleman
B. Poppinga
E. Sims

Extend:

T. Romo

Restructure:

D. Ware
B. Carr

FA signings:

L. Vasquez OG S.D.
L. Landry S NYJ

Draft:

1st B. Jones OG/C Ala
2nd J. Williams NT Ala OR J.Jenkins NT Geo
3rd M. Hunt DE SMU
4th A. Ellington RB Clem
5th Z. Dysert QB Mia OH
6th B. McGee CB Mia Fla

Not really sure about the restructuing of contracts but if this happened our O line and D line would be vastly improved, IMO

I have my doubts that Jenkins will be there for our 1st pick, much less our 2nd. If he is I would pick him in a heart beat.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_gunner wrote:
I dont know the Salary cap around and it is tough to understand. I know players restructure their contracts constantly and creates alot of space. So I wont include #s in this mock offseason.

F/A:

Matt Slauson: Is a Callahan Guy and in this Mock I have Bernedeau moving to C and costa his Backup

Andre Smith: If it is possible with the salary cap then great,

Osi Umenyiora: Suprise, I have us moving to a 4-3 in the offseason, which would make Ware exclusive pass rusher and w spencer gone, this will help our pass rush.

Peyton Hillis: I think he could be had cheap and is a strong and effective runner. also seems like Tanner regressed a little this off season.

DRAFT
1st Round: Chance Wormack OG Bama
2nd Round: Alex Okafor DE Texas
3nd Round:Phillip Thomas S Fresno ST
4th Round: Kyle Long OL Oregon
5th Round: Nick Kasa TE Colorado
6th Round: Alex Hurst T LSU

Team:
QB: Romo, Orton
RB: Murray, Hillis, Dunbar
TE: Witten, Hanna, Kasa
WR: Bryant, Austin, D.Harris, Beasley, Coale
C: Bernedeau, Costa
G: Slauson, Wormack, Livings, Long, Leary, Cook
OT: Smith, Smith, Free, Parnell, Hurst

CB: Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Moore, Coe
S: Sensebaugh, Church, Thomas, Frampton, Johnson
ILB: Lee, Carter, Connor, Albright, Lemon, Sims
DT: Ratliff, Lissemore, Hatcher, Bass
DE: Ware, Umenyiora, Okafor, Crawford, Butler

K: Bailey
P: C.Jones
LS: L.P. Ladouceur

Love the Warmack selection. No to Okafor and Hurst. Also love returning to the 4-3.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New mock. fewer trades, becoming a hybrid D. Tired of drafting LB's with premium picks? well, then you are going to hate this one..

Intro:
I've noticed a large increase of 4-3 looks this season. I could see this trend continue, especially with Spencer going. Also, It's my believe that Ratliff and Lissemore both fit great as DT's. giving more 4-3 looks, could lead Ratliff to have a comeback. Connor has all his experience from playing 4-3 MLB, both Lee and especially Carter is players who should be able to do a good job as a OLB while we already have a backup for that role in Sims.

Worth noticing resings:
Costa, Coleman, L.P. and Phillips.

worth noticing cuts/let go:
Jenkins, Spencer, Jones, Spears, Ogletree, Burnadeau.

Stephen Jones has said that we will be tight up against the cap next year. NFLPA expects the cap to only rise a little. So I see no money for resigning either Jenkins, Spencer or Jones and also not for cutting Free. Jerry wants to be sure that he can resign Lee next season and Dez + Carter + Murray in two seasons without having to backload the contracts too much.
Also, who in free agency is worth going after anyway? a guy who doesnt meet up in shape? a OT, who would be way to expensive since you have to remember we will be take a cap hit for Free that you would have to add to the contract to get a real picture of how expensive he is?

Coaching changes:
Norv Turner hired as OC. He has said he wouldnt mind being a OC again as long it's for a talented offence, Garrett has said he maybe would give up his OC duties some time in the future. Both Garrett and Jerry holds a lot of respect for Norv after his time in Dallas, so this defintly is possible.

1) Alex Okafor, DE. 6'4, 265 lbs.
This guy is very strong and very athletic. He will be the starter when we line up in a 4-3 from day one. He might also contribute as a DE in passing situations sometimes when lining up in the 3-4, or maybe even as a stand up OLB. Okafor will add pressure on the QB and be very stout against the run. I really do like this player. Rob can even drop him into coverage sometimes because he is such a good athlete, Texas has done it as well. But that would be very rare he would do that, since that isnt the role where he belongs.

*****TRADE*****
There's a player here, with tremendious value for the Cowboys. He has experience from both a 3-4 and a 4-3, and Rob really would like to have him to play around with, since he is a very good passrusher and very natural in coverage while having a lot of experience from both. The Jets have given up on Sanchez, but believe that they only need a QB good enough to win, and will primarily focus on their running offence and their defence. So far they have signed Spencer in FA and drafted a OT in the 1st round. Cowboys give up Orton and a next years 4th, and recieves the Jets' 2nd round pick in the top 10-ish range. Cowboys don't mind giving a next years 4th, since all those players they let go will likely result in atleast a couple of complimentary picks.

2nd) Sean Porter, OLB. 6'2 230 lbs.
Rob loves this pick. Sean Porter is very natural in zone coverage at reading the QB and sensing the players surrounding him while being good in man as well, also he is a very good passrusher who even has a lot experience from OLB in a 3-4. Porter actually beat Chance Warmack for a sack with 3:50 left of the game in effort to protect a 5 point lead in the Texas' redzone. The sack was a good showing, that he can get sacks without only having to use his speed around the edge. I really do like this player, and he is a guy that Rob can have fun with both in the 3-4 and 4-3 to make his D less predictable.
- I think there will be a couple of you who think it's to early to draft him here, but I have him rated here because of his his blitzing ability. He's a very athletic player, who can drop back in coverage as good as most of the top 4-3 OLB in this draft, but he can blitz better then all of them I've seen. His experience from both a 3-4 and a 4-3, makes him extra valuable and higher rated on the Cowboys board since we would be running both a lot. Offcourse, he wouldnt be able to be a 3 down 3-4 OLB because he is to small to hold up against the run in that system. Even tho he has very impressive strength for a 230 guy.

2ndB) Travis Frederick, OG/OC. 6'4 334 lbs.
OG is something we obviously need to take care of this draft. Travis doenst get the love that he deserves. I defintly see him being as good Zeitler was last season. Cooper, Warmack, Jones, Thomas and Warford could all go before him according to draft sites which I think has a lot to do with Wisconsin moving him around too much while Frederick being surrounded by new guys this year. That will make it possible to get him here late in the 2nd, which is a steal IMO. very underrated player. will give us some more bulk and strenght in short yardage situations, while still giving us the athlectisism and mobility that we want. Don't see a reason for why this guy couldnt end up being the best guard from this draft class to be honest.

3rd) Travis Long, OLB. 6'3, 253.
Without Spencer, Cowboys needs someone with a real chance of being a NFL starter. Butler is only a passrusher, i've never been a fan of Wilber and his very limited role this season so far points to him not being capable of the job next year. Travis Long has a bit experience from dropping back in coverage after playing a 3-4, a good motor and gets pressure on the QB. He has some impressive strength, and will be a tough player against the run. In obviously passing situations, Butler or Porter will see the field instead.

4th) AJ Francis, DT. 6'3 305 lbs.
Francis looks to be a disruptive player. I see him as a good fit in a 4-3, while being able to play a little NT in a limited backup role which he would share with Lissemore. He gets a lot of passes batted down, which is a big plus in my book.

5th) Marcus Lattimore, HB. 6'0 218 lbs.
With Felix trying his luck elsewhere, Lattimore is pretty much guaranteed to be the 2nd string. The Cowboys felt that it was worth giving up an average safety to get a big and talented HB to help Murray carry the load. This move, if Lattimore is somewhat over his injury - will prolong Murrays carreer a long with having a player who can carry the load if Murray gets injured again. Lattimore can do it all, run catch and block. I like a trio of Murray, Lattimore and Dunbar. Let Lattimore and Murray run the ball and get the D tired during the first 3 quarters, then start using Dunbar who is a small, quick, shifty back but with more power and strength then what you would expect, which will make it very difficult for a tired defence to tackle him. I could see him do well in this role.

6th) Tanner Hawkinson, OT. 6'5 300 lbs.
Cowboys add a tackle here in order look for a trade for either Free or Parnell after the draft.

after a couple of restructures, new deals, cuts and trades, Dallas finds the space to sign a backup QB and a CB who can play on the outside in case of injury since Scandrick has proved that he is incapable of that.

Not to long after the draft or in TC, Dallas decides to part their ways with WIlber.

WR Dez Bryant, Danny Coale Cole Beasley
TE Jason Witten, John Phillips James Hanna
LT Tyron Smith, Tanner Hawkinsin
LG Travis Frederick, David Arkin
C Phil Costa, Kevin Kowalski
RG Nate Livings, Leary
RT Doug Free, Jermey Parnell
WR Miles Austin, Dwayne Harris
QB Tony Romo, Matt Moore
FB Lawrence Vickers
RB DeMarco Murray, Marcus Lattimore, Lance Dunbar, Phillip Tanner

3-4 front seven:
LDE Coleman, Robert Callaway
NT Jay Ratliff, AJ Francis, Sean Lissemore
RDE Jason Hatcher, Tyrone Crawford
LOLB Travis Long, Sean Porter
LILB Sean Lee, Dan Connor, Alex Albright
RILB Bruce Carter, Ernie Sims
ROLB DeMarcus Ware, Victor Butler

4-3 lineup:
LDE Alex Okafor, Jason Hatcher, Travis Long
DT Sean Lissemore, Coleman, Rob Callaway
DT Jay Ratliff, AJ Francis
RDE DeMarcus Ware, Tyrone Crawford, Victor Butler
LOLB Sean Lee, Ernie Sims
MLB Dan Connor, Alex Albright
ROLB Bruce Carter, Sean Porter

Secondary:
CB Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick
FS Gerald Sensabaugh, Matt Johnson, Danny McCray
SS Barry Church, Charlie Peprah
CB Morris Claiborne, Marcus Trufant, Sterling Moore

When lining up in a 4-3 on passing downs, Lee is offcourse moved inside to give room for Porter. Connor did good as the starting MLB in Carolina with Beason out a lot, but he still would only get a little over half the snaps since he does lack some talent when dropping back while we would want to get Porter on the field a lot. The trio of Lee - Connor - Carter will be very tough to run against.

so, let me know what you think. I really could see this being a championship team as well.

- Mensah, why don't you like Okafor?
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote : Mensah, why don't you like Okafor?

He isn't a difference maker. He lacks elite quickness and I don't think he will ever develop into a full time starter on the nfl level. There will be better players available than Okafor when our pick comes up.

And yep I am tired of spending so many picks on lb.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:

He isn't a difference maker. He lacks elite quickness and I don't think he will ever develop into a full time starter on the nfl level. There will be better players available than Okafor when our pick comes up.

Whooo, dude! Okafor is from Texas and our scouting staff has probably seen him play already. We won't have to waste time scouting him during the open tryouts for the rest of the draft rejects from Texas.

Is anyone else disturbed by how many players make this team from those open tryouts?

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I have my doubts that Jenkins will be there for our 1st pick, much less our 2nd. If he is I would pick him in a heart beat.

With Jenkins being ruled academically ineligible to play his last game in the Capital One Bowl, I doubt he will go in the first anymore. I'm not so sure Garrett will want this guy anymore

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:

Will admit, that tonight was the first time I've seen Okafor for an entire game. I'd like to know where/how you came up with your opinion of him. Especailly since he just finished up Alamo Bowl with 5.5 sacks. That screams difference maker in my book.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Will admit, that tonight was the first time I've seen Okafor for an entire game. I'd like to know where/how you came up with your opinion of him. Especailly since he just finished up Alamo Bowl with 5.5 sacks. That screams difference maker in my book.

Yeah, he showed up tonight Laughing Shocked

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Maybe you saw one game and came to a conclusion. I haven't looked it up yet but if memory serves me correct this was the first ranked team that Okafor had a sack against. That is the danger of watching one game and not seeing the whole picture.

Remember Shante Carver ? He had 41 sacks in college. He had 11.5 as a pro in 4 years. I believe Okafor would now total 23.5 sacks for his career after tonights game. Fans who don't follow players closely and see one big game fall in love with them.

To reiterate my stance....I wouldn't draft him in the first round. On a personal note I love the kid. I hope he becomes a superstar because as a person he is 5 star all the way.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:

His quickness might not be elite, but it's more then enough. As for developing to be a starter in the NFL, I allready see him being able to be that now. I think, that he might be the most starting ready 4-3 DE in the draft. He's way ahead of most prospects when it comes to strength and size, but he still has the quickness and moves to be dangerous with other things then just strength. He might not be the best passrusher in the draft, but he's more then good enough, while being very strong against the run. He even continued putting up good pressure without Jeffcoat on the other side.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

His quickness might not be elite, but it's more then enough. As for developing to be a starter in the NFL, I allready see him being able to be that now. I think, that he might be the most starting ready 4-3 DE in the draft. He's way ahead of most prospects when it comes to strength and size, but he still has the quickness and moves to be dangerous with other things then just strength. He might not be the best passrusher in the draft, but he's more then good enough, while being very strong against the run. He even continued putting up good pressure without Jeffcoat on the other side.

DK I hope I am wrong about him. He is a good kid and I hope he succeeds in a huge way. I have seen him play so many times and I have seen too many times he just wasn't a factor at all. I do like that he is already in the 265 range. I don't like the dc at Texas and maybe that had something to do with it. Mac needs to fire him or both need to go.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

DK I hope I am wrong about him. He is a good kid and I hope he succeeds in a huge way. I have seen him play so many times and I have seen too many times he just wasn't a factor at all. I do like that he is already in the 265 range. I don't like the dc at Texas and maybe that had something to do with it. Mac needs to fire him or both need to go.
Mac Brown has needed to go for several years now! What he has done with the QB position the last 2 years alone has been a detriment to the team. And what really has hurt him, comes this year. 6 top recruits have who previously committed, have now decommited to UT. Browns has really hurt this squad over the last few years with poor recruiting and QB play.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record: I don't want any part of ANY player from the University of Texas. None of them are difference makers, and much of that is because of the way they are coddled by Mack Brown. We don't need a collection of entitled players who were "coached" in a country club atmosphere.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
GrassyKnoll

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan, I'm by no means a UT expert, but Jonathan Gray will be an absolute stud for any team that gets him in a few years. He played
at Aledo & I followed him very closely from his sophomore year on & that kid is the real
deal.
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
For the record: I don't want any part of ANY player from the University of Texas. None of them are difference makers, and much of that is because of the way they are coddled by Mack Brown. We don't need a collection of entitled players who were "coached" in a country club atmosphere.
Brian Orakpo? Casey Hampton?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 39 of 58

Jump to: