Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adam Caplan: Keim Will Be Promoted To GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Interesting thought process.

We could go 5-11 and have an assistant hired as a head coach and have two front office men promoted to GM jobs.

even more interesting is that there is a lot of talent on this team. I think even Kolb can be very productive with a good oline.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:

We could go 5-11 and have an assistant hired as a head coach and have two front office men promoted to GM jobs.

even more interesting is that there is a lot of talent on this team. I think even Kolb can be very productive with a good oline.

I think he can too, he just can't stay healthy and thus can't be relied upon. And don't say a better OL will keep him healhy, 2 of his biggest injuries here and nothing to do with offensive line play.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, keep getting sidetracked. Back to Keim, the draft's he's been heavily involved in the past 2-3 years have seen us go very clearly by talent within our needs and not by need 1-2-3. By that I mean we've always selected a player at a position we needed but it has yet to be a player at our biggest need. Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd were obviously needed but CB and WR were certainly not our biggest team needs in those years. Keim went by talent first. Keep that in mind when making plans for April.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:

I think he can too, he just can't stay healthy and thus can't be relied upon. And don't say a better OL will keep him healhy, 2 of his biggest injuries here and nothing to do with offensive line play.

The concussion and rib/shoulder were both "freak" injuries. But he did take a beating (27 sacks in 6 games). those constant hits take a toll on the body though. With an improved oline, his body wont take as much of a punishment. What i love about Kolb though is his toughness (especially vs Rams)
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:

The concussion and rib/shoulder were both "freak" injuries. But he did take a beating (27 sacks in 6 games). those constant hits take a toll on the body though. With an improved oline, his body wont take as much of a punishment. What i love about Kolb though is his toughness (especially vs Rams)

It also take him longer than normal to heal.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:

Bolded: Ya...that's kinda the point. Freak plays happen in this league on a game by game basis and due to his fragility that makes Kevin Kolb susceptible to missing a large amount of games whether he has an offensive line or not and thus he cannot be relied upon. If we're expecting 16 games from Kevin Kolb, we're the idiots in the room.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To think though, if we could get the sack count down into the 20's-30's in an entire season.. Kolb would have a better chance of completing a season. Granted, sack #1 in 2013 could sideline him.. any sack could.. but we're exposing him to greater risk than a person should be exposed to. Especially one that can be viewed as tough but brittle.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kolb could be a decent QB but I don't see him being a super bowl QB or a every year playoff QB.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
To think though, if we could get the sack count down into the 20's-30's in an entire season.. Kolb would have a better chance of completing a season. Granted, sack #1 in 2013 could sideline him.. any sack could.. but we're exposing him to greater risk than a person should be exposed to. Especially one that can be viewed as tough but brittle.

I'm not saying this isn't true but I think it's clear that even with a reduced risk of injury, Kolb is still more susceptible to going down and missing a large amount of games than most every other QB in the league. I think that's pretty clear at this point.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb all so seem to be a slow healer.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Kolb all so seem to be a slow healer.

Exactly. Anything sort of injury puts hom at risk to miss a large amount of games.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
iRobot wrote:

I'm not saying this isn't true but I think it's clear that even with a reduced risk of injury, Kolb is still more susceptible to going down and missing a large amount of games than most every other QB in the league. I think that's pretty clear at this point.

Oh I'm not arguing.. I'm just saying that we wouldn't know anything beyond his injury problems with what we've provided him with on the OL.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dockett and Wilson want out. MJ said Dockett would be traded rather than released. It could possibly be the same situation with Wilson. What could we get in a trade for each one? If its draft picks, what rounds?
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Dockett and Wilson want out. MJ said Dockett would be traded rather than released. It could possibly be the same situation with Wilson. What could we get in a trade for each one? If its draft picks, what rounds?

Late round pick if they can get anything.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

That is not true, Adrian Wilson does not want out. Not true.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: