Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Tice may not return next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10414
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I have a real simple philosophy for the OC don't care if its Tice, Bates, or anybody else. Get the ball the #22 20 times a game. Run, pass, wildcat, Idc, just put the ball in his hands. Then once defenses adjust to that, then start pushing the ball down the field w/ Brandon and Alshon. If we were just the run first team we are built to be, our offense could be well above average.
Everything on offense that ANY OC tries is so much easier with a great Oline. We had a guy at GM that thought he could make linemen out of rejects and other teams' trash. If anyone thinks New England would do anything without their great Oline they are a fool. I care just as much about us finding actual NFL linemen at all five spots as I do an OC. A great Oline is something that even guys like Ron Turdner, John Shoop, and Terry Shea would have to try to screw up. Not that I disagree with anything you said in your post.

Agreed. Our offense under Turner was pretty good even with Rex at QB when we had the Tait-Brown-Kreutz-Garza-Miller group all playing at the top levels of their career at the same time.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CadeMcGrossman


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 594
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look,

This season and last season we've seen coaches and players stepping in and making an instant impact for their teams. So the old 'oh, let's not give Jay another system to play in, it will hurt his brain' argument is silly. Among the Bears problems is a lack of good coaching. Yes, these players are impressively loyal to Lovie, but that hasn't equaled success. 9 seasons, 3 playoff appearances, 3 playoff wins. A firing has rarely been more justified.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9332
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firing Tice at this point would be a band aid on a bullet wound.

The Bears offensive problem are a cultural problem with this team dating back to their creation.

The myth of defence only was born with Butkus and carried over to the 85 Bears and we are now stuck as the game has evolved and the Bears have of evolved with it.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bfan


Joined: 16 May 2008
Posts: 1314
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Bfan wrote:
If Tice goes and Lovie stays without an extension I hope you like Bates for OC because nobody else will take the job. With a lame duck HC, no job security why should they?


Is this the new motto around here lol…

No coach in the NFL is safe year in year out…doesn’t matter who it is this is a what have you done for me lately league…we don’t want an OC who is worried about job security in a years’ time…we want an OC who has faith in his ability to put an offence on the field that can be competent and successful enough to stick with this D so that we win games and no one has to worry about their jobs…if a coach won’t back himself then why would anyone else? Players certainly wouldn’t gravitate to him and go all out for him if he didn’t believe in himself…I’m willing to bet there are a good few QB coaches out there who are willing to back themselves with the talent we have to be the OC that has us competing around the league…let’s remember the last time we had an offence that ranked in the top half of the league we went to the SB.


Believing in himself is one thing but putting himself in a position were someone else is going to cause him to lose his job in a year is extremely high risk. There are only a reasons to do that is one if no one else is likely to give them a chance or two they think they can get enough evidence of success on tape to get the next job or three they really believe an improvement in the offense will put the team over the top. Since it would be easy to convince yourself our D could go down hill at a moments notice the last is not likely and the shape of the Oline would make the second a crap shoot that leaves the first scenario and if no one else is going to give them the opportunity I don't want them either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21825
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bfan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Bfan wrote:
If Tice goes and Lovie stays without an extension I hope you like Bates for OC because nobody else will take the job. With a lame duck HC, no job security why should they?


Is this the new motto around here lol…

No coach in the NFL is safe year in year out…doesn’t matter who it is this is a what have you done for me lately league…we don’t want an OC who is worried about job security in a years’ time…we want an OC who has faith in his ability to put an offence on the field that can be competent and successful enough to stick with this D so that we win games and no one has to worry about their jobs…if a coach won’t back himself then why would anyone else? Players certainly wouldn’t gravitate to him and go all out for him if he didn’t believe in himself…I’m willing to bet there are a good few QB coaches out there who are willing to back themselves with the talent we have to be the OC that has us competing around the league…let’s remember the last time we had an offence that ranked in the top half of the league we went to the SB.


Believing in himself is one thing but putting himself in a position were someone else is going to cause him to lose his job in a year is extremely high risk. There are only a reasons to do that is one if no one else is likely to give them a chance or two they think they can get enough evidence of success on tape to get the next job or three they really believe an improvement in the offense will put the team over the top. Since it would be easy to convince yourself our D could go down hill at a moments notice the last is not likely and the shape of the Oline would make the second a crap shoot that leaves the first scenario and if no one else is going to give them the opportunity I don't want them either.


Well this is a little pointless lol.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group