Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OK, well how about this question:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: OK, well how about this question: Reply with quote

I keep thinking about the need for an edge rusher... with the way the game is evolving offensively do you think too much is made about the undersized DE's today?

I mean isn't that kinda what ya want these days?

The read option could be the new wave in the NFL and woulden't having players like Demontre Moore, Barkevious Mingo & Dion Jordan help neutralize the athletic ability and speed of these QB's with athletic ability and speed on the edge?

Is thinking we need a big body type on the edge more of an old school way of thinking these days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Last edited by whodatworm23 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Porter22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Barr didn't declare and will play one more year at UCLA...

I would more like to see us drafting a pure RDE like Moore, Werner, Ansah or others and put Wilson back at SAM in passing situations!
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whodat. You just described Martez Wilson. We need to draft a RDE and put Willson at SLB.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Whodat. You just described Martez Wilson. We need to draft a RDE and put Willson at SLB.

I agree but it seems that Spags is determined to keep Wilson at RDE and from all im hearing it was actually Wilson that requested the switch in the first place.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
I think Barr didn't declare and will play one more year at UCLA...

I would more like to see us drafting a pure RDE like Moore, Werner, Ansah or others and put Wilson back at SAM in passing situations!

Barr was quoted as saying that he hasen't given it much thought yet but if was forced to make a decision now he'd lean towards coming back to UCLA but like all top prospects I think it's most likely he enters and I won't believe he wont until the entry date passes.

Other prospects with the same kinda quotes are...

Demontre Moore, CJ Mosley, Jake Matthews, Dion Jordan, Sam Montgomery, Kevin Minter and Bradley Roby

It isn't just Barr, the sad thing is this draft might not turn out to be as deep as we all think... with the new rookie wage scale top prospects seem to be more willing than in the pass to go back for their senior seasons.

UPDATE

The only big name defender that I am aware of that has announced that he will return to school is ND defensive tackle Louis Nix.

Anthony Barr is expected to be leaning towards coming back but will wait until he hears back from the NFL evaluation review like many others before making his decision. Others waiting on review are Mississippi State OG Gabe Jackson, Michigan OT Taylor Lewan & Tennessee WR Corradlle Patterson.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are a bit misplaced with Spags using DEs as SLBs. The only time that really happened was when they had no real spot to use Mathias Kiwanuka and the Giants had a huge hole left by Kawika Mitchell. The Rams never really utilized this other than a few packages where we used Eugene Sims as a stand up rusher (who was also used a a Interior Rusher in the "NASCAR package")

Wilson is the type of guy that could force that usage though. If you do end up with a true RE (Ive mocked you guys Ansah) Then you could see Wilson get foced back into the SLB on early downs and then hand on the ground when its time for the NASCAR package.

I would also pass on, dont expect too much in the way of DTs in Spags system, they are just workmen in his system, its all about the DEs.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

I agree but it seems that Spags is determined to keep Wilson at RDE and from all im hearing it was actually Wilson that requested the switch in the first place.

I would much rather Spags just move Wilson back, rather than draft the exact same guy. We don't need 2 of those players for this defense.

As far as what Wilson wants? Who cares? It's the coaches job to make sure the players are being utilized to their fullest potential, and I think most of us see that Wilson isn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: