Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defensive Coordinator candidates?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Haven't heard anything anywhere about Ryan as a head coach candidate. Do we think he's getting canned or something?

He's not getting canned. He has made it known that he would like an HC gig though.

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
matt79511

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Haven't heard anything anywhere about Ryan as a head coach candidate. Do we think he's getting canned or something?

He's not getting canned. He has made it known that he would like an HC gig though.

Is there anything indicating that San Diego, Philly, Buffalo, or whoever else would be interested in hiring him, though? I guess there doesn't need to be, but still.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

Is there anything indicating that San Diego, Philly, Buffalo, or whoever else would be interested in hiring him, though? I guess there doesn't need to be, but still.

If we win a couple more games this season Ryan will be a hot commodity.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

No there isn't anything that should imply that anyone else wants Rob. He certainly has no head coaching credentials. He sucked in Oakland and got fired. He sucked in Cleveland and got fired. I won't say he's sucked in Dallas, but being ranked in the bottom half of the league in every category that matters certainly doesn't put your name at the top of any coaching lists.

Maybe if the defense had been healthy he would have had a shot this year, but I just don't see it.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Rob was "Fired" from either one of those spots. Both teams lost their HC's and he decided to go elsewhere.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I'd like to drop my vote for Mike Pettine as a potential DC replacement after this just came to light

Mike Pettine caught as media leak

I thought of him as a good Head Coach candidate for a team before that. He should be blacklisted if the accusations are true.
artfuldodger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
I'd like to drop my vote for Mike Pettine as a potential DC replacement after this just came to light

Mike Pettine caught as media leak

I thought of him as a good Head Coach candidate for a team before that. He should be blacklisted if the accusations are true.
Crazy situation. As if the Jets needed more negative media attention.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I dont think Rob was "Fired" from either one of those spots. Both teams lost their HC's and he decided to go elsewhere.

You are right...He wasn't singled out and fired. He was just the DC on teams that were bad enough to get the HC fired.

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

You are right...He wasn't singled out and fired. He was just the DC on teams that were bad enough to get the HC fired.

You know a GM will give him a chance. Some team who needs a defensive minded HC and needs a drastic change in atmosphere will definitely give him a look. He's a Ryan and despite the circus that his brother runs now up in NY, Rex had lots of success his first few years. You'd be silly to assume there isn't a team out there who'd be willing to give him a chance.

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Thats not really a knock on Ryan though - especially when you factor in it was the Raiders (who went through ~4 HCs in 5 years) and the Browns (who went through 3 in 4 years)..

TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Thats not really a knock on Ryan though - especially when you factor in it was the Raiders (who went through ~4 HCs in 5 years) and the Browns (who went through 3 in 4 years)..

I'm not bashing Rob, just saying that he's not a hot commodity based on his track record.

By the way, one thing 4 of those Raider HC's had in common...you guessed it Rob Ryan.

DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

I'm not bashing Rob, just saying that he's not a hot commodity based on his track record.

By the way, one thing 4 of those Raider HC's had in common...you guessed it Rob Ryan.

Didn't Raiders always had solid defenses during those years and the Browns too? Not to mention he was the LB coach in New England during the Willie McGinest and Tedy Bruschi years.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Didn't Raiders always had solid defenses during those years and the Browns too? Not to mention he was the LB coach in New England during the Willie McGinest and Tedy Bruschi years.

Never mind. I looked it up. All of his defenses, at least statistically, were terrible. Aside from 2006 when he was ranked 3rd. Every other year was close to last in the league.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
D_ick Lebeau might not return to Pittsburgh if Mike Tomlin doesn't say to him that he wants him back.

Who I really want is Jim Tonsula, 49ers defensive line coach. Since he has hired in 2007 hes been doing hell of a job over there with that D-line which is a staple of their defence. Eberflus wouldn't a be bad hire too. I wouldn't mind either of these guys.

saw on espn that lebeau will definately be back in pitt!
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Rob isn't going anywhere. Rex's failure as a HC combined with Rob's loose cannon attitude and less than professional appearance will prevent any GM from taking a risk on him. He'll be back.

THIS ^. Though I would love a return to the 4-3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: