Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Cowboys do it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your gut feeling about this game?
Dallas wins convincingly
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Dallas wins a close one
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Dallas loses
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 40

Author Message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13524
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
I simply pity those who can see no difference between the 2012 and 2011 iterations of this team. Even more do I pity who see no difference between 1997-2004, and 2005-on.


Hooray!!! We've improved from the days of BS, Chan Gaiiley and Dave Campo.


_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:
You completely missed the point. Do you consider a run to the conference finals a success? How about getting to the Superbowl, but coming up one win short. What Matts is saying is that nobody is acknowledging anything other than a Superbowl victory as a successful season. And I agree with him


I didn't miss the point at all. He was trying to be condescending and a smartass.

Superbowl ? LOL , this team hasn't sniffed a superbowl since Clinton was prez. Ergo the reference to change. A successful season in Dallas right now would be a deep run in the playoffs. It's not like Dallas has been getting incremently better over the last few years and are primed to win a superbowl. Trust me, I've been waiting for it.


You're right, I should trust you because you have been waiting for it and I haven't. I may be young, but I want this just as badly as you do. And if we don't win it all, then it doesn't matter. We lost. Its a failure. I don't care how close we have been in the past however long. In my eyes, we should contend for the Superbowl every year. And you are being just as condescending as Matts, as you have been since you joined the forum

EDIT: We can say smartass on here?


The bold quote tells me you're young. That isn't realistic. Teams who are young and starting over don't usually win the superbowl. They go through growth phases much like the 90's Cowboys. That said this team has had plenty of time to rebuild since the 90's and has failed to do so. They haven't been a serious contender since the 90's. The Giants winning 2 out of 5 is a nice run by their current core players. I would take that all day to be at least in contention to win the superbowl.

Nope I don't take personal shots at people regardless if I disagree with their scouting takes or the moves they want to make in the off season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion not to mention I love reading all of the scenarios that fans come up with to try and improve the team. Why it has to become personal just because someone disagree's is befuddling. That said you drew the line in the sand and now we will forever be on opposite sides.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37951
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mensa - You confuse me. You start your argument with the idea that if we dont win this year, we should blow up the team. See the below quote:

Football Mensa wrote:
Outlaw....does Washington have a Ware ? Witten ? Romo ? Spencer ? Dez ?...Should Dallas lose again this is why there are fans who won't have a problem trading away any of those players. We haven't won anything with them.


But then your next two post seemingly have little to do with the players - as none of them have been around for 20 years. Please explain how the below comments support the above notion that we should 'blow up the team':

Football Mensa wrote:
Of course a failed decade or two is no reason to make changes.


Football Mensa wrote:
Superbowl ? LOL , this team hasn't sniffed a superbowl since Clinton was prez. Ergo the reference to change.

....................................................


As for this:

Football Mensa wrote:
It's not like Dallas has been getting incremently better over the last few years



I disagree completely.
_________________

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Matts4313"]Mensa - You confuse me. You start your argument with the idea that if we dont win this year, we should blow up the team. See the below quote:

Football Mensa wrote:
Outlaw....does Washington have a Ware ? Witten ? Romo ? Spencer ? Dez ?...Should Dallas lose again this is why there are fans who won't have a problem trading away any of those players. We haven't won anything with them.


Quote:
This was in reference to the 'trade Ware' thread. Some are vehemetly opposed to such a thing. However if it's obvious that Dallas needs to move in a new direction what is wrong with trading players who have trade value ?


But then your next two post seemingly have little to do with the players - as none of them have been around for 20 years. Please explain how the below comments support the above notion that we should 'blow up the team':

Quote:
No but they have been around long enough to have actually won something yet we hover around 500. So how long do we remain committed to the core ? I want them to win as much as anyone but its the same core and so far the same results. No ?


Football Mensa wrote:
Of course a failed decade or two is no reason to make changes.


Football Mensa wrote:
Superbowl ? LOL , this team hasn't sniffed a superbowl since Clinton was prez. Ergo the reference to change.


Quote:
Are you comfortable with the results of the last 15 years or so ?
....................................................


As for this:

Football Mensa wrote:
It's not like Dallas has been getting incremently better over the last few years



I disagree completely.[/quote]

...and I have no prolem that you do...."Cheers"!!
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37951
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That quote tree is wonky. Either way, I would say that the team has developed a new set of "core" players. The new guys (aka RKG or Garretts Guys), have been starters here for less than 3 years. Yet, those seeds are already bearing fruit.


Dez
Lee
Carter
Mo
Carr
Tyron
Harris
BEASTLY

Add that too

Ware
Romo
Witten
Rat
Austin

(and Ryan finally getting something out of Spencer).


The future looks very bright for the Cowboys. We are going to be a force over the next ~2-4 years.
_________________

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WareWolf94


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 5517
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how you can't see improvement or change from this football team.

heck, just over 8 games this team's mindset has gone from a team who shrivels under pressure and curls into a ball when they get knocked down, to a mentally strong team that feels they are never out of a game. I wont use injuries as an excuse but as a reason this team has improved. It has made the entire roster better. We have been in every single game since we got the bug.

That was always the biggest issue with the Cowboys, not talent, but can you trust them?

I trust them, I trust Romo. He could win a game with 5 parking cones in front of him. Dez Bryant is the best receiver in football right now. Demarco Murray is one of the toughest runners. All things we have now that we didn't have 8 games ago.

And I trust it will stay that way. Why? Because JG is consistent, and he has always said to respect the process. And now we are seeing benefits from WAIT!? WHATS THAT?! PATIENCE yes PATIENCE from Jerry Jones.

And if you can't see that, you're drinking the Haterade.
_________________


Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
That quote tree is wonky. Either way, I would say that the team has developed a new set of "core" players. The new guys (aka RKG or Garretts Guys), have been starters here for less than 3 years. Yet, those seeds are already bearing fruit.


Dez
Lee
Carter
Mo
Carr
Tyron
Harris
BEASTLY

Add that too

Ware
Romo
Witten
Rat
Austin

(and Ryan finally getting something out of Spencer).


The future looks very bright for the Cowboys. We are going to be a force over the next ~2-4 years.


Ware is still the most important player on the defense. Witten is still the most important safety valve for Romo. Romo is still the most important piece on the team. I don't think the core players have changed at all. There is no one behind any of them that would produce at the same level. The reason I want o line is because if we extend Romo we have to keep him clean. A human body can only take so many shots and he has taken way too many the last few seasons. Rat is done.

As for the other players I am on board as I think a couple will be superstars. I am amazed at the Beasely infatuation by Dallas fans. Carter can be an uber star. Lee I am not so sure. I think Lee will be a perpetual injury. Dez is doing what we thought he could do. My consternation is the age gap between the core and the younger players you mentioned. The question begs...will we see a precipitous fall off from one of the core guys next season ? I will give Ware a mulligan for this season.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
I have no idea how you can't see improvement or change from this football team.

heck, just over 8 games this team's mindset has gone from a team who shrivels under pressure and curls into a ball when they get knocked down, to a mentally strong team that feels they are never out of a game. I wont use injuries as an excuse but as a reason this team has improved. It has made the entire roster better. We have been in every single game since we got the bug.

That was always the biggest issue with the Cowboys, not talent, but can you trust them?

I trust them, I trust Romo. He could win a game with 5 parking cones in front of him. Dez Bryant is the best receiver in football right now. Demarco Murray is one of the toughest runners. All things we have now that we didn't have 8 games ago.

And I trust it will stay that way. Why? Because JG is consistent, and he has always said to respect the process. And now we are seeing benefits from WAIT!? WHATS THAT?! PATIENCE yes PATIENCE from Jerry Jones.

And if you can't see that, you're drinking the Haterade.


Well done and the exact reason I am not afraid to move a few players.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3642
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Ware is still the most important player on the defense. Witten is still the most important safety valve for Romo. Romo is still the most important piece on the team. I don't think the core players have changed at all. There is no one behind any of them that would produce at the same level. The reason I want o line is because if we extend Romo we have to keep him clean. A human body can only take so many shots and he has taken way too many the last few seasons. Rat is done.

As for the other players I am on board as I think a couple will be superstars. I am amazed at the Beasely infatuation by Dallas fans. Carter can be an uber star. Lee I am not so sure. I think Lee will be a perpetual injury. Dez is doing what we thought he could do. My consternation is the age gap between the core and the younger players you mentioned. The question begs...will we see a precipitous fall off from one of the core guys next season ? I will give Ware a mulligan for this season.


The bold is very debatable. I and many on here would argue that Sean Lee is now the most important piece to our defense. He was a playmaker at the ILB position and we severely miss him making calls for our D and flying to the football creating fumbles (which Ware hasn't done this year) and picking off passes. Ware, this year at least, has been the 3rd most important piece to our D in my mind.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6579
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:
You completely missed the point. Do you consider a run to the conference finals a success? How about getting to the Superbowl, but coming up one win short. What Matts is saying is that nobody is acknowledging anything other than a Superbowl victory as a successful season. And I agree with him


I didn't miss the point at all. He was trying to be condescending and a smartass.

Superbowl ? LOL , this team hasn't sniffed a superbowl since Clinton was prez. Ergo the reference to change. A successful season in Dallas right now would be a deep run in the playoffs. It's not like Dallas has been getting incremently better over the last few years and are primed to win a superbowl. Trust me, I've been waiting for it.


You're right, I should trust you because you have been waiting for it and I haven't. I may be young, but I want this just as badly as you do. And if we don't win it all, then it doesn't matter. We lost. Its a failure. I don't care how close we have been in the past however long. In my eyes, we should contend for the Superbowl every year. And you are being just as condescending as Matts, as you have been since you joined the forum

EDIT: We can say smartass on here?


The bold quote tells me you're young. That isn't realistic. Teams who are young and starting over don't usually win the superbowl. They go through growth phases much like the 90's Cowboys. That said this team has had plenty of time to rebuild since the 90's and has failed to do so. They haven't been a serious contender since the 90's. The Giants winning 2 out of 5 is a nice run by their current core players. I would take that all day to be at least in contention to win the superbowl.

Nope I don't take personal shots at people regardless if I disagree with their scouting takes or the moves they want to make in the off season. Everyone is entitled to their opinion not to mention I love reading all of the scenarios that fans come up with to try and improve the team. Why it has to become personal just because someone disagree's is befuddling. That said you drew the line in the sand and now we will forever be on opposite sides.


Yes, we can clearly never agree on anything ever again in the history of forever Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Ware is still the most important player on the defense. Witten is still the most important safety valve for Romo. Romo is still the most important piece on the team. I don't think the core players have changed at all. There is no one behind any of them that would produce at the same level. The reason I want o line is because if we extend Romo we have to keep him clean. A human body can only take so many shots and he has taken way too many the last few seasons. Rat is done.

As for the other players I am on board as I think a couple will be superstars. I am amazed at the Beasely infatuation by Dallas fans. Carter can be an uber star. Lee I am not so sure. I think Lee will be a perpetual injury. Dez is doing what we thought he could do. My consternation is the age gap between the core and the younger players you mentioned. The question begs...will we see a precipitous fall off from one of the core guys next season ? I will give Ware a mulligan for this season.


The bold is very debatable. I and many on here would argue that Sean Lee is now the most important piece to our defense. He was a playmaker at the ILB position and we severely miss him making calls for our D and flying to the football creating fumbles (which Ware hasn't done this year) and picking off passes. Ware, this year at least, has been the 3rd most important piece to our D in my mind.


I think Carter is better than Lee. Ware can still do one thing Lee can't. That is rush the passer. Though I understand your point and do think it's valid.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tommyajar


Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 144
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
I don't think we have a chance, especially if Romo doesn't block better.


don't forget tackle!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tommyajar


Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 144
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado Dan wrote:
I voted no. This is the kind of game that this team loses. Of course, I would dearly love them to win, but especially considering our injuries, I don't think we have a chance.


honestly....i can understand the negativity (and you are certainly entitled to your opinion), but have you watched the games this season? if nothing else, you should at least expect them to have a chance, no? every single game (except the bears game, i believe) was within 7 points, win or lose? i have a feeling they are going to pull this out! i had a feeling they would win the opener, lose the giant game at home, win at cincy, win vs pitt, and lose last week! my gut feelings have been pretty good this season.....my gut tells me they pull it out this week!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3497
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another gut wrenching loss. Will never believe this team will show up to win the BIGGEST games with Tony Romo as their QB
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20669
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Another gut wrenching loss. Will never believe this team will show up to win the BIGGEST games with Tony Romo as their QB


And that's because Tony's history has shown that he never shows up to win the important games. It is what it is.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group