Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4th seed > 3rd seed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenV32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: 4th seed > 3rd seed Reply with quote

I was thinking about this earlier today and I think the best case scenario for the ravens would be to keep the 4 seed assuming Houston maintains its hold on the one seed.

To clarify, the Scenario in my head:
1Houston
2Denver

3NEOver 6cincy
4BalOver 5Indy

Then we go on to play Houston who I feel we can beat this time around(1vs4)
While Brady and Manning duke it out in Denver (2vs3).
At least in this scenario we would avoid any type of "elite" QB until the AFC championship and may be the easiest route to the Super Bowl for us.

Thoughts?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver is the only team in the bracket who concerns me even a little. So I agree.

Free Ray Rice
StevenV32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Denver is the only team in the bracket who concerns me even a little. So I agree.

New England doesn't worry you?
What that offense can do at any given time when it's clicking is unreal.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenV32 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

They have almost no vertical threat in the passing game. Just play disciplined assignment defense and don't miss tackles, which we can do, you can hold them to 20-24 easy. Plus we should be able to throw all over them. Not saying we can't lose but I love our chances against them.

Free Ray Rice
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as if the only team we can't beat is Denver. The most beatable team is NE of those 3 IMO, because their defense isn't as good, and doesn't have pass rushers. Whenever we play a team that can't pass rush, our offense thrives. Houston is kind of like Denver, but their offense isn't as good, and their only pass rusher is watt, who we canceled out the last time we played except for those swats, as long as we can prevent those swats, and prevent turnovers, I think we can beat them too. I seriously think that the key to the play offs is our O-Line. Whenever they play good our offense thrives.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
StevenV32 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

They have almost no vertical threat in the passing game. Just play disciplined assignment defense and don't miss tackles, which we can do, you can hold them to 20-24 easy. Plus we should be able to throw all over them. Not saying we can't lose but I love our chances against them.

Yeah, I'm actually more confident about our defense as the season goes on, we'll see if it continues to shine this week, and I think our offense would light up their defense.
StevenV32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
I feel as if the only team we can't beat is Denver. The most beatable team is NE of those 3 IMO, because their defense isn't as good, and doesn't have pass rushers. Whenever we play a team that can't pass rush, our offense thrives. Houston is kind of like Denver, but their offense isn't as good, and their only pass rusher is watt, who we canceled out the last time we played except for those swats, as long as we can prevent those swats, and prevent turnovers, I think we can beat them too. I seriously think that the key to the play offs is our O-Line. Whenever they play good our offense thrives.

I felt our defense played more than good enough for us to beat Denver, Peytons #'s at halftime were very poor for his standards if I recall correctly.
The only thing truly missing was some production from the offense, and I think had we scored and not thrown a pic 6 before half and kept the offense rolling maybe we would have been the ones up 31-10.

I agree that our offensive line is key, when Joe has time he will rip defenses apart.

I feel to beat Houston though the key will be to get off to a fast start and get up early.That team isn't built to be passing when behind. Double team Watt and let someone else on that front 7 beat you.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston is vulnerable right now but saying "Watt is their only pass rusher is false". Tha teams has tons of pass rushers... and even if Watt was the only one, that's enough. The guy absolutely shreds our OL when we play them. But Antonio Smith plays us very well inside. Then you have athletes along the edges with Phillips being a very creative playcaller. Honestly, like I said months ago, the Broncos are the only team that really "scare" me, but of the teams we could play I'd have it like this:
1. Broncos
2. Texans
3a. Patriots
3b. Bengals
5. Colts

However addendum being Pagano returning could be enough to inspire the Colts to really exceed their talent level for one game. All I know is I'd rather have the #3 seed because if it comes down to it, while we can beat the Patriots in NE and always play them well there... we are a much stronger home team, our OL especially does better at home than on the road and that's a huge advantage to have IMO.

I think the best case most realistic scenario is this:
1. We win, Patriots lose... we get #3 seed.
2. Broncos win, Texans lose... Broncos get #1 seed.
3. We beat the Bengals, Patriots beat the Colts
4. We play the Texans away... which sucks, but we win.
5. Patriots beat the Broncos
6. We host the AFCCG... J-Tucker will not die... Tucker's gonna Tuck... we make it to Super Bowl.
7. We win Super Bowl
8. Ray Lewis retires... he's on a horse.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Denver is going to get the #1 seed, so I'd like to avoid them until at least the AFCCG if possible and give New England the opportunity to soften them up first, and potentially beat the Broncos.

And I'd tather match up with the Pats at home again if possible, so we need the #3 seed. And it would give DTMB more ammunition for his pregame tweaking before the AFCCG Laughing
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts have 0 to play for, while the Texans have a ton riding on that game. I can't see the Texans losing the 1 seed.

All of Denver, the Texans, and the Pats are going to be real tough outs. We're most likely going to beat two of them to get to the Super Bowl, and we certainly don't want to embarrass ourselves with a loss to the Colts or Bengals. We just got to come out and play our best 4 times.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning > 3rd seed > 4th seed

Just win! You're gonna have to go undefeated anyway. Just do what you gotta do to win! Period. Screw the seeds as they mean nothing once the clock starts.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
The Colts have 0 to play for, while the Texans have a ton riding on that game. I can't see the Texans losing the 1 seed.

Chuckstrong, an undefeated streak vs the Texans at home, momentum going into the playoffs, and the chance to stick their collective fingers in Houston's eye by costing them the #1 seed,

I'd say the Colts have more than you think to play for.
StevenV32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
Winning > 3rd seed > 4th seed

Just win! You're gonna have to go undefeated anyway. Just do what you gotta do to win! Period. Screw the seeds as they mean nothing once the clock starts.

I think everyone in here Would absolutely agree with you on that, but it's always interesting to see what teams people think we have the best match ups against. Cool
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best case in my mind would be the Texans losing, Broncos winning, Patriots losing, Ravens winning.

That leaves:
1. Broncos
2. Texans
3. Ravens
4. Pats
5. Colts
6. Bengals

I'm confident we can beat the colts or bengals at home in the WC game. While I'd rather play the Colts in this game, playing the Bengals would set us up better the rest of the way if the seeding were to actually go this way. Assuming the home teams win the first round, then we would still play the Texans and the Pats would still play the Broncos, but then if we and the Pats win, then we get the Home game in the AFCCG. I know this is all unlikely, but is the best case scenario in my mind.

GO RAVENS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: