Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for a Kicker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7137
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Nothing wrong with going for it on 4th down.


Depending on down, distance, and part of the field it may even be the right call percentage wise. Anything that would be a 50+ field goal probably has a higher success rate if we go for it on 4th.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atari-XXX


Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 1974
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Nothing wrong with going for it on 4th down.


So you see nothing wrong with going for it on 4th down in a tied game because you don't trust your kicker to kick a long FG? Gotcha.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UpTheSeam85


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 835
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
svp wrote:
Nothing wrong with going for it on 4th down.


So you see nothing wrong with going for it on 4th down in a tied game because you don't trust your kicker to kick a long FG? Gotcha.

Not if it results in a touchdown Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3408
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Nothing wrong with going for it on 4th down.


My problem with this is, say the game is 23-17 Packers in the late 4th. A FG would just about ice the game at 26-17. A failed 4th and there's a good chance you lose. That's a nightmare scenario to me.
_________________

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13094
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2012/12/21/3793188/we-found-mason-crosbys-replacement
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3408
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was better than every Jordan/Bird McDonald's trick shot video.
_________________

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3727
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaeding just signed by the dolphins
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3727
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2012/12/21/3793188/we-found-mason-crosbys-replacement
I see your bet, and I raise you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sI7vFv9REI
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atari-XXX


Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 1974
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
svp wrote:
Nothing wrong with going for it on 4th down.


So you see nothing wrong with going for it on 4th down in a tied game because you don't trust your kicker to kick a long FG? Gotcha.

Not if it results in a touchdown Wink


Good thing the Patriots had enough confidence in Vinatieri so they didn't have to go for it on fourth down. Imagine if they did. That could've been two less SB wins.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Macc_Aviv


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 1041
Location: Shaking babies and kissing hands
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2012/12/21/3793188/we-found-mason-crosbys-replacement


Quote:
Rugland has also hired an agent, Jill McBride Baxter. After Ruglandís tryout with the Jets, Baxter said, the Oakland Raiders, the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles expressed interest in him.


http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/29/sports/football/norwegian-earns-internet-stardom-and-an-nfl-tryout-to-boot.html?hp&pagewanted=all&_r=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7137
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
justo wrote:
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2012/12/21/3793188/we-found-mason-crosbys-replacement


Quote:
Rugland has also hired an agent, Jill McBride Baxter. After Ruglandís tryout with the Jets, Baxter said, the Oakland Raiders, the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles expressed interest in him.


http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/29/sports/football/norwegian-earns-internet-stardom-and-an-nfl-tryout-to-boot.html?hp&pagewanted=all&_r=0


Seriously? Laughing
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13094
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not buying it. Pretty sure Tempson hasn't even touched a computer, yet.
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group