Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allen one and done?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Allen comes back but I hope Reggie McKenzie forces him to fire Greg Knapp. Dennis Allen made a huge mistake hiring Gregg Knapp to run the offense, We as raider fans already lived through this Greg Knapp nightmare and Allen overlooked it, it was a huge mistake and he needs to man up... If Allen doesn't want to fire Knapp then he can leave himself.
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:
You guys are assuming it's Mark Davis asking Reggie to fire Allen and not Reggie asking permission from Davis to fire Allen.

I don't think this is the case. I'm pretty sure Reggie can fire the coach if he wanted wether or not Davis approves. It has been stated that Davisis displeased with the losing and around here when you here that it means the coach is going to get the axe. Of course things are different now with Reggie in charge whatever happens to Allen is his call.

Personally I want to keep Allen. Was knapp a stupid choice? Yes I knew that it wouldn't work and so did everyone else. However there wasn't anyone else out there when Allen got hired. Knapp was the most experienced coach, I mean I don't think there was anyone who could implement the west coast/ZBS offense that they want to run. So now with the concepts in place we could hire the right guy for the job early next year.

Now people have questioned the guy's passion. They say that players won't play for him and they need a Jim Harbaugh/John Gruden type. I disagree. While both head coaches have has success in the nfl only one has won a Super Bowl, and he kinda derped into it,not really a good measuring rod. Within the last decade to me the number of reserved head coaches to win Super Bowl have been higher than the crazy yelling on the sideline coaches. Think about it: tony dungy Sean Payton, Mike Mcarthy, Mike Tomlin, and bill belicheck.

So I say we keep him for one more year, we hire a new OC and see what happens.

That depends on the buyout clause in Allen's contract.
Reggie can just fire a coach and owe him millions without talking to Mark Davis.

The thing with Knapp being the best option left. It's just a lie they did even interview anyone else.
Off the top of my head there's Washington, Atlanta, Texas, Seattle and Green Bay all run that offense and not one of their assistant OC were brought in for an interview.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys fire DA please hire Chip Kelly. Thanks.

Sig bet
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
I hope Allen comes back but I hope Reggie McKenzie forces him to fire Greg Knapp. Dennis Allen made a huge mistake hiring Gregg Knapp to run the offense, We as raider fans already lived through this Greg Knapp nightmare and Allen overlooked it, it was a huge mistake and he needs to man up... If Allen doesn't want to fire Knapp then he can leave himself.

+1 That's what needs to happen for me to be okay with Allen getting another season. If he's unwilling to let someone go who's holding the team back, then he's just as bad for us and deserves to be let go too. I doubt that's the case though.

And we better get it right this time at OC, or next season will be Allen's last.
Chali21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:
You guys are assuming it's Mark Davis asking Reggie to fire Allen and not Reggie asking permission from Davis to fire Allen.

I don't think this is the case. I'm pretty sure Reggie can fire the coach if he wanted wether or not Davis approves. It has been stated that Davisis displeased with the losing and around here when you here that it means the coach is going to get the axe. Of course things are different now with Reggie in charge whatever happens to Allen is his call.

Personally I want to keep Allen. Was knapp a stupid choice? Yes I knew that it wouldn't work and so did everyone else. However there wasn't anyone else out there when Allen got hired. Knapp was the most experienced coach, I mean I don't think there was anyone who could implement the west coast/ZBS offense that they want to run. So now with the concepts in place we could hire the right guy for the job early next year.

Now people have questioned the guy's passion. They say that players won't play for him and they need a Jim Harbaugh/John Gruden type. I disagree. While both head coaches have has success in the nfl only one has won a Super Bowl, and he kinda derped into it,not really a good measuring rod. Within the last decade to me the number of reserved head coaches to win Super Bowl have been higher than the crazy yelling on the sideline coaches. Think about it: tony dungy Sean Payton, Mike Mcarthy, Mike Tomlin, and bill belicheck.

So I say we keep him for one more year, we hire a new OC and see what happens.

That depends on the buyout clause in Allen's contract.
Reggie can just fire a coach and owe him millions without talking to Mark Davis.

The thing with Knapp being the best option left. It's just a lie they did even interview anyone else.
Off the top of my head there's Washington, Atlanta, Texas, Seattle and Green Bay all run that offense and not one of their assistant OC were brought in for an interview.

When I said best option I meant most experienced, as he was a QB coach but he had prior experience with being an OC. I don't know how many assistants there are on the other teams that have experience with play calling that aren't OC's themselves.

Now do I agree with it then or now? No. Do I understand it? Yes. Would we have been a better team with a different OC? Maybe, we will never know.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

I'd be ecstatic if we somehow hired Chip Kelly as our head coach or Mark Helfrich as our offensive coordinator.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I think I read that Chip is only interested in positions where he has complete personnel control. I'm not even considering it a possibility anyway, Carolina and Philly are too attractive for him to look at us and I can't see us firing DA this early.

I'd take Gruden over DA because I like him as a coach but I can't see that happening so may as well stick it out with Allen and hope he doesn't make another brain dead OC hiring.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I'd be ecstatic if we somehow hired Chip Kelly as our head coach or Mark Helfrich as our offensive coordinator.

I thinks Chip Kelly's gonna fall flat on his face. I think he'd have success as NFL OC, but as a HC, I don't like him. I see him going back to college football within 3 years of coming to the NFL.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I thinks Chip Kelly's gonna fall flat on his face. I think he'd have success as NFL OC, but as a HC, I don't like him. I see him going back to college football within 3 years of coming to the NFL.

I actually think his fast paced offense would do really well in the NFL with the right players. New England worked with Chip Kelly during the offseason to get their offense moving at a faster and more efficient pace.

Last edited by Bo_Spice on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I don't get this. Why would he be better running an offense only? One of his assets is his practice. He'd have to follow the lead of someone else and simply draw up plays. I don't get it. He wouldn't be able to run up tempo whenever he feels like it or go for 2 when he wants etc..

Sig bet
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year's HC and coordinator candidates are so much better then last years. Just our crappy luck. John Gruden, Lovie Smith, Ken Wisenhunt and Andy Reid would have all been much better hires for us.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
This year's HC and coordinator candidates are so much better then last years. Just our crappy luck. John Gruden, Lovie Smith, Ken Wisenhunt and Andy Reid would have all been much better hires for us.

Not one of them would have taken this job, with this level of talent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Raiders finished season with 108 penalties, fewest since 107 in 2001

Progress. Great job by Allen starting that process of discipline and accountability.

That is a huge win for him as a rookie HC. Something that has been out of control since Gruden left.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen is about to take the podium soon. I'll let you guys know if anything interesting is said.

It would have been nice to see Reggie take the podium too, just to know what his thoughts on everything are.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Allen is about to take the podium soon. I'll let you guys know if anything interesting is said.

It would have been nice to see Reggie take the podium too, just to know what his thoughts on everything are.

Is there a live stream or anything?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: