Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post- World End Rams Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan12345

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Post- World End Rams Offseason Reply with quote

Cut:
Wayne Hunter

Re-Sign:
Danny Amendola
Steven Jackson

Sign:
Andy Levitre, G
Daryll Smith, OLB

Draft:
1a) Keenan Allen, WR
1b) Eric Reid, S
2) Tyler Eiffert/Zach Ertz, TE
3) Arthur Brown, LB
4) Tyrann Matthieu, DB
5) Kyle Long, OT
6) Marcus Lattimore, RB
7) Trey Millard/ Zach Line, FB

Undrafted Free Agents:
Colin Klein, QB
Dominique Easley, DE

Roster/Depth Chart:
QB: Bradford, Klein
RB: Jackson, Richardson, Lattimore
FB: Millard/Line
WR: Allen, Amendola, Givens, Quick, Pettis, Gibson
TE: Eiffert/Ertz, Kendricks
LT: Saffold
LG: Levitre
C: Wells
RG: Dahl
RT: Long
RE: Quinn, Easley
LE: Long, Sims
DT: Langford, Brockers, Hayes
SLB: Smith, Brown, McIntosh
MLB: Lauriniatis, Brown
WLB: Dunbar, Brown, Haggan
CB: Finnegan, Jenkins, Johnson, Matthieu
S: Reid, Mikell, Matthieu

KR: Given/Matthieu
PR: Matthieu
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's definitely good qualities. I still don't like the Eric Reid pick and don't feel like we should go TE in the 2nd round in this draft unless Gavin Escobar works himself into that range.

Rest seems good although Dominique Easley is a Junior and won't declare...if he did, he wouldn't be a UDFA.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ramsfan12345

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Reid because I've heard many people say that Fisher is going to come out of the draft with Reid no matter what. And besides Kendricks, we have no depth at tight end so we need to bulster that position.
MidSouthRam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Post- World End Rams Offseason Reply with quote

Meh for me.

Not a fan of Keenan Allen or Eric Reid. Early draftnik ratings have these guys rated highly, but when the smoke clears in April I have major doubts that either will be rated as highly.

Not a fan of using a 2nd round pick on a poor blocking receiving TE at all. With Kendricks already on the roster the kid won't get as many reps to justify the selection.

Any team that spends higher than a 6th or 7th round pick (if any at all) on that former LSU CB/PR is nuts. He's small, he will not have played in a season and was arrested for drugs just months ago.

Finally, I guess I'm just of the minority opinion that it's time for Steven Jackson to move on. Good leader. Good heart. Good back. But, he's just leaving too much yardage on the field when he plays.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next mock was going to be very similar to this.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the infatuation with Long. I just don't get it.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 Faulk wrote:

For me its a little different due to him playing at the same Juco I did, but he is bug strong and versatile not to mention athletic AND he is the brother of Chris Long. He presents good value in the middle of the draft.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I <3 Faulk wrote:

For me its a little different due to him playing at the same Juco I did, but he is bug strong and versatile not to mention athletic AND he is the brother of Chris Long. He presents good value in the middle of the draft.

He is extremely talented. I followed him as a baseball prospect. I think he will go by the third round.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Post- World End Rams Offseason Reply with quote

MidSouthRam wrote:
Meh for me.

Not a fan of Keenan Allen or Eric Reid. Early draftnik ratings have these guys rated highly, but when the smoke clears in April I have major doubts that either will be rated as highly.

Not a fan of using a 2nd round pick on a poor blocking receiving TE at all. With Kendricks already on the roster the kid won't get as many reps to justify the selection.

Any team that spends higher than a 6th or 7th round pick (if any at all) on that former LSU CB/PR is nuts. He's small, he will not have played in a season and was arrested for drugs just months ago.

Finally, I guess I'm just of the minority opinion that it's time for Steven Jackson to move on. Good leader. Good heart. Good back. But, he's just leaving too much yardage on the field when he plays.

I agree with everything except the Mathieu bit and Keenan Allen.

I love the idea of Mathieu as a player. He's a much better cover CB than he's been given credit for of late. But his best attributes are his instincts, ball-skills and play-making ability. The kid is a natural football player despite his size. He can definitely be a good changing safety who you could move around on your defense if he gets his head on straight.

He's a player that can play slot CB, inside the box, blitz off the edge, center-fielder, etc. and he is an amazing PR. Plus, I've seen him make tackles in space and in the open-field despite his size. Very talented football player.

My biggest concern is putting him and Janoris together. That has the potential to back-fire in a big way.

As for Keenan Allen, I think he's a mid to late 1st rounder all the way. Great fluidity, good route runner with a lethal double move, strong hands, great YAC skills and an overall good athlete. Can go up and get the ball and possesses above average size.

He's just a really good all around WR. Not an elite athlete but just a really natural guy for the position and has all the skills to do well in the NFL.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really like us taking a TE high in this draft. There is a large pool of talented TE's that could hit the FA market in the offseason, many of which I'd rather have then Eiffert/Ertz. Also, not a big fan of Allen, but I can see why he is there.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Samdaram

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Arthur Brown. He is a football player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: