Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

jfinley88's December Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: jfinley88's December Mock Draft Reply with quote

Players Brought Back

Brad Jones = Versatile player. Decent on the outside and has proven to be quite effective on the inside. Definitely worthy a roster spot.

Evan Dietrich-Smith = We'll see as the season progresses, but could hold the center spot down for the next five years or so. If not, still a solid depth signing.

Sam Shields = Given a 1st round tender. He'd been playing really solid football, part of a nice trio of very young CB's along with Hayward and House. Hopefully long term deal very soon.

Tom Crabtree = Given 2nd round tender. Our best blocking TE, reliable receiving target, solid ST'er, good locker room guy. Offers plenty to our team.

Erik Walden = Good depth player to have. Knows the system, proven to be able to produce (as much as we know he can.)

Players Let Walk

Greg Jennings = Of course the sexy thing to do would be tag and trade for a 2nd. However, I honestly can't see Ted doing that though. This definitely seems to be the most realistic route, and should give us a 3rd in 2013!

Donald Driver = At this point just taking up a roster spot sadly.

Frank Zombo = Eh, just let him walk.

Cedric Benson = Moving on, doesn't really fit our team imo.

Ryan Grant = We'll call if we need him later down the line.

Jeff Saturday = Retires.

James Starks = Nothing special, too fragile.

Andrew Quarless = No room.

The NFL Draft

Round One

Cordarrelle Patterson WR

Patterson is the most gifted wide out in this class. Even though he's 6-3, he's able to run and change direction like somebody who is 5-10. In my opinion, nobody coming out this year is more dangerous with the ball in their hands. He runs a sub 4.4 forty and it most definitely translates to the field. He excels at racking up yards after the catch with his incredible vision. Has solid strength and is able to create separation quite easily. Catches with his hands and always extends, very few drops. Has shown determination and effort in his blocking during running downs. Put up 2194 yards touching the ball 101 times this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6pGFvDqt0 (2012 highlights)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QypUGJch5yk (Patterson vs. NC State)

Round Two

Larry Warford G

Warford is a hell of guard prospect who excels in both run and pass. Thick and wide-bodied guard who drives defenders back until the whistle blows. He's a powerful man who displays very strong initial push to jar defenders. Despite weighing over 325 pounds he's very good in space. Solid help defender and plays with a mean streak. Always looking for contact no matter how far the play has advanced. Plays smart and displays elite awareness. Needs to improve his hand placement and maintaining control of his blocks. Hasn't missed a start since he won the job as a sophomore. No off the field issues to speak of and is known as a hard worker in the gym.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTVRFZiNhhU (Warford dominating Shariff Floyd)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glV9ET261DQ (Warford dominating Sheldon Richardson)

Trade

Packers move their fifth along with their third to move up to the early-mid 3rd.

Round Three

Khaseem Greene ILB/OLB/RV

Greene is a tackling machine who is very versatile. Doesn't really have the size to play ILB in a 3-4 and doesn't have the athleticism to play on the outside. But Khaseem does have a tireless work ethic and advanced leadership qualities that can transform an entire defense. While he has no set position, just get him on the field and let him play. Has incredible range against the run and very fluid hips. Also very solid in coverage and is very good at putting pressure on the QB in a variety of ways. Pretty instinctive and outplays his size. Also a strong special teams player. Could definitely see him going earlier, but hoping size and his minor durability concerns will let him get the third (which wouldn't be surprising at all). While some may argue with this pick due to his "fit", good football players play good football. Khaseem has the kind of personality that can transform an entire defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2n2iXjoUms (Syracuse)

Round Four

Zac Stacy RB

While some may not quite see it yet, Stacy is a quality back who can carry the load. He's 5-9 and built very compactly with a low center of gravity. He's a patient back who runs under control and almost always falls forward. Rarely goes down in one on one situation. For his size, possesses very good balance and loose hips. Excels and blitz pick-up and is viable receiving option. Runs a 4.5 forty. Stats back up his ability: Averaging over 5.5 yrds per carry the past two years, Combined 23 rushing TD's. Played against the best in the SEC behind a pretty average O-Line. Good football character to boot. Don't know why he doesn't get more love, could very easily to see him going late 2nd/early 3rd come draft day tbh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9L8lAbcN4A = Film of him against Georgia, Tenn, and Wake Forest.

Round Four

Braxton Cave C

Braxton really seems to have an elite understanding of how to play. Elite at picking up blitzes. Plays with a nasty demeanor and plays until the whistle blows. Has an ideal build and size you look for in a center. Is quite quick and displays very good balance. Has a good initial pop and push. Still needs to work on his overall technique, but he has the smarts, athletic ability and work ethic to develop into a very good center.

Round Six

Darius Johnson WR

Darius is somewhat of a sleeper guy. He excels playing in the slot and makes an insane amount of circus catches. He's only 5-10, and he has a pretty weak build which makes it quite difficult for him to create seperation since he doesn't have elite speed (about sub 4.5 speed). Very solid route runner and is willing to take a big hit to make the catch. Really reminds me of a mix between Brandon Lloyd and Driver. Known for being hard worker. If you've never heard of him check out his junior year highlights below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6OyxC3Mg0 (Junior highlights)

Round Seven

Rontez Miles S/ST

After turning down offers from major schools like Florida, Iowa, Arizona State, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Tennessee, Rontez went to Kent State to have the chance to play with his brother. After performing awfully in the classroom, he ended up having to leave and ended up at a division 2 program, California University of Pennsylvania. From listening to interviews, you can hear his passion and drive to succeed. So onto his skill set; Rontez is very physical and plays the run better than most safeties in this class, which is actually saying a lot. He is an absolute special teams demon and a tireless worker. He can play both strong and free, but is better suited for strong in the NFL. Very solidly built at 6-1. From what I've seen his biggest areas for concern is lining up to hit and not play the ball. But he possesses fluid hips and natural instincts to make a play on the ball one on one. His niche in the league is going to be his special teams play. He also won the PSAC defensive player of the year in both '11 and '12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqfAgHo82o ('12 highlights)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSbXl-uJfs (Rontez vs. West Chester)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QB: Aaron Rodgers - B.J. Coleman
RB: Zac Stacy - Alex Green - Dujuan Harris
FB: John Kuhn
WR: Jordy Nelson - Randall Cobb - James Jones - Cordarrelle Patterson - Darius Johnson
TE: Jermichael Finley - DJ Williams - Tom Crabtree - Ryan Taylor
LT: Derek Sherrod - Marshall Newhouse
LG: TJ Lang
C: Evan Dietrich-Smith - Braxton Cave
RG: Josh Sitton - Larry Warford
RT: Bryan Bulaga - Don Barclay

Total = 24

LE: Ryan Pickett - Mike Neal
NT: BJ Raji
RE: Jerel Worthy - CJ Wilson - Mike Daniels
LOLB: Clay Matthews III - Erik Walden
ILB: AJ Hawk - Desmond Bishop - Khaseem Greene - DJ Smith
ROLB: Nick Perry - Brad Jones - Dezman Moses
CB: Tramon Williams - Casey Hayward - Sam Shields - Davon House - Jarrett Bush
FS: Morgan Burnett - MD Jennings
SS: Jerron McMillian - Rontez Miles - Sean Richardson
Rover: Charles Woodson

Total - 26

K/P/LS: Mason Crosby - Tim Masthay - Brett Goode

Total = 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expected Impact Rookie Year

Patterson will be a weapon for the Pack immediately. Use him in a similar fashion to Cobb.
35 Catches For 600 Yards, 5 TD's. 20 Rushes For 150 Yards.

Warford will be a primary back-up for both Lang and Sitton.

Greene will play on 3rd downs primarily and special teams
35 Tackles, 2 Sacks.

Stacy should be the lead dog in the Green and Harris trio.
180 carries for 850 yards and 6 TD's.

Cave will be primary back-up to EDS and take over the starting spot should the EDS expieriment fail.

Darius Johnson probably won't be active most weeks.

Miles also probably won't be active barring injury, unless he's really excelling on ST.

justo wrote:
THIS ONE IS FOR LULU
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to have the most fun on round 3-5 prospects, feels a bit like you do too.

Growing up in Camden, NJ (a campus was downtown, but they're selling it off to Rowan) made me a bit of a Rutgers guy, I have several friends attending. Love Greene, good call on needing to trade up for him, but not sure I'm willing to spend a 3rd round pick on a role man who in all likelihood won't see the field. Then again, I said the same thing for House and looked stupid for it. Would love to see him in Packers Uni, but that's the homer in me talking. Would keep 5 current NJ guys on the team with Grant leaving. Would make Lattimore expendable at least, who knows about Manning?

Stacy would make our ground game feared. Let's hope Harris opened TT/MM eyes to shorter backs.

Cave'll do. May even be able to talk Warford into taking some snaps at C.

Not sold on Darius, but the words "hard work" always put you in the discussion IMO.

Rontez seems familiar... What's his leadership/adjustments look like?
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know that I'm impressed with a 3rd round pick with NO position.

Not really impressed with bringing in a small RB to fill a roll of a small RB that is on the roster already.

Like the Patterson idea....a LOT
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of cutting Quarless and Starks. I'd much rather cut DJ Williams who hasn't done a dang thing than cut Quarless who, IMO is our best run blocking TE. I have always been a Starks guy but I can see your point since he is hurt a lot. Patterson is a beast and could possibly go top 10, but he could fall as well. Him and Woods are my favorite WR's in this class with Allen a close 3rd. I like adding quality fat guys, can't win without them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson in this fit would be hell to deal with. Love the size/athleticism combo with him. Not necessarily anything we've seen here before but it would be an ideal fit with Cobb/Nelson/Jones.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather cut Kuhn and have Williams play Hback like he already does

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cave'll do. May even be able to talk Warford into taking some snaps at C.

I think Warford is a strict guard, which I why I went with Cave in the fourth.

Not sold on Darius, but the words "hard work" always put you in the discussion IMO.

He's definitely a risky prospect who may not even make the final roster seeeing we already have Boykin. He does so many things well though, I think with time he could be special. It's always a lot to ask for a guy to bulk up a little, but by doing so Darius would be a MUCH better prospect. Hard to teach his vision/hand-eye/hand placement on those catches.

Rontez plays with enthusiasm and has the kind of personality that would leave me to believe he's a vocal leader, don't know though. Very solid football IQ, don't know how good he is at making adjustments and lining the defense up though.

Yes in most cases I would agree, but I at this time I don't think we have a glaring hole on defense. Khaseem wouldn't have a set position on this team imo, but Capers would probably line him up in the middle and use him in a variety of ways. Definitely not the prototype ILB, but he offers a unique skill set to the spot.

Not really impressed with bringing in a small RB to fill a roll of a small RB that is on the roster already.

Are you speaking of Harris? They are completely different backs though, minus the size. Neither Green or Harris are the kind of back you'd want to give it to 20 times a game. Stacy is a really a guy who can play all three downs effectively. Light years ahead of Green as a blocker.

Patterson in this fit would be hell to deal with. Love the size/athleticism combo with him. Not necessarily anything we've seen here before but it would be an ideal fit with Cobb/Nelson/Jones.

If any wide out in this class is going to be a super star, I think it's Cordarrelle. It'd definitely be special to go five wide looking like this...

Nelson --- Cobb -------LINE----------Finley---Jones----Cordarrelle

Shocked

Not a fan of cutting Quarless and Starks. I'd much rather cut DJ Williams who hasn't done a dang thing than cut Quarless who, IMO is our best run blocking TE.

Out of sight, out of mind really. Never really noticed Quarless as a good blocker (never really paid attention to it). All I remember were all of his easy drops. DJ's always one of those Mr. August guys who I get really high on, hoping it'll translate to the field sooner of later. Definitely a toss up imo though.

Patterson is a beast and could possibly go top 10, but he could fall as well. Him and Woods are my favorite WR's in this class with Allen a close 3rd.

Yes, nervous about him jumping up in that top 20 discussion heavily. Like Allen a lot as well, just don't think he has that star potential that you look for in round 1 receivers. Don't see what everyone is seeing in Woods. He's got the insane athleticism/USC thing going for him. Really think he's gunna bust hard.

justo wrote:
THIS ONE IS FOR LULU
wiscsports28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I'd rather cut Kuhn and have Williams play Hback like he already does

I agree I like Quarless's potential.

And love this mock. Cordarrelle Patterson seems like an awesome pick love his potential as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jfinley88"]Cave'll do. May even be able to talk Warford into taking some snaps at C.

I think Warford is a strict guard, which I why I went with Cave in the fourth.

He's definitely a risky prospect who may not even make the final roster seeeing we already have Boykin. He does so many things well though, I think with time he could be special. It's always a lot to ask for a guy to bulk up a little, but by doing so Darius would be a MUCH better prospect. Hard to teach his vision/hand-eye/hand placement on those catches.

Rontez plays with enthusiasm and has the kind of personality that would leave me to believe he's a vocal leader, don't know though. Very solid football IQ, don't know how good he is at making adjustments and lining the defense up though.

Yes in most cases I would agree, but I at this time I don't think we have a glaring hole on defense. Khaseem wouldn't have a set position on this team imo, but Capers would probably line him up in the middle and use him in a variety of ways. Definitely not the prototype ILB, but he offers a unique skill set to the spot.

Are you speaking of Harris? They are completely different backs though, minus the size. Neither Green or Harris are the kind of back you'd want to give it to 20 times a game. Stacy is a really a guy who can play all three downs effectively. Light years ahead of Green as a blocker.

If any wide out in this class is going to be a super star, I think it's Cordarrelle. It'd definitely be special to go five wide looking like this...

Nelson --- Cobb -------LINE----------Finley---Jones----Cordarrelle

Shocked

Not a fan of cutting Quarless and Starks. I'd much rather cut DJ Williams who hasn't done a dang thing than cut Quarless who, IMO is our best run blocking TE.

Out of sight, out of mind really. Never really noticed Quarless as a good blocker (never really paid attention to it).

Quarless was our best blocking TE prior to injury...even over Crabtree.....and that wasn't mo but came out here in different sources last season
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

I hear he got a combine invite
justo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buyscouting.com, Josh's 2012 D2 All-America Teams and Players of the Year wrote:
DEFENSIVE BACK OF THE YEAR: S Rontez Miles, California PA, Sr., 6-1, 210

Nobody was better than Rontez Miles in 2012. Miles didnít have the gaudy pass defended numbers but he had 75 tackles, three tackles for loss, two sacks, four picks, two pass breakups, and made plays in other ways scoring and blocking a kick. Heís a hard-hitter who makes plays and has had one of the best careers in recent memory from the D2 ranks.

Also his #1 S and 3rd DB in small school:
http://www.buyscouting.com/pages/2013-NFL-Draft-Small-School-Top-150%252d-Dec-15.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: