Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My favorite Rams Mock Draft ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Memphis Ram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: My favorite Rams Mock Draft ever Reply with quote

FREE AGENCY
Key Re-Signees:
Danny Amedola - Bradford’s security blanket. Should be very interesting negotiations.
William Hayes - Beginning to wonder if he’s played himself out of their price range.

Key Salary Cap Good-Byes:
Steven Jackson - He needs to cut 2/3 of his scheduled $7 million base salary.
Quintin Mickell - See Steven Jackson.
Wayne Hunter - Due $3.95 million base. Possible camp pickup for minimum.

Key New Editions:
Chris Ivory

Bigger back (6’0” 222) to team with Richardson/Pead/Ganaway.

Chris Ivory Youtube Clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmYPj9a_bF8

DaShon Goldson

Legit NFL FS and playmaker needed in secondary. Also hurts division rival.

2013 NFL DRAFT

DAY ONE

1)Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama (6023, 322)

Comments: Warmack may be becoming a bit overrated by the draftnik community. While he‘s a stud OG, there‘s probably only been one player drafted to be an NFL OG who was selected prior to the 17th pick in about 30 years. And the Saints reached for him (Naole). Looks like he could be the BPA/Need selection available here.

1) Robert Woods, WR, USC (6003, 190)

Comments: Not really a fan of going the rookie route looking for an immediate impact at WR again. But, barring a veteran free agent signing, Woods is probably the best option in this draft. Woods gives the Rams another legit deep threat and unlike the majority of the rest on the roster, he actually offers something in the return game.

DAY TWO

2) Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina (6064, 315)

Comments: Warmack, Woods, now Williams. Sticking with the letter “W” with this selection and going with a kid, who prior to an October shoulder injury, was said to be one of the top senior OTs in this draft class. This son of a NFL player and two year starter at RT says that his shoulder is nearly fully recovered now. If so, watch how his stock rises again at the combine.

3) Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State (6021, 238)

Comments: “Linebacker U” looks to have another good one available in this draft. Love Hodges energy and enthusiasm. Reminds me of a bigger Jo Lunn Dunbar.

DAY THREE

4) Michael Williams, TE, Alabama (6052, 272)

Comments: Most are looking for this dynamic receiving TE to add to the roster. Not me. How often would he ever see the field with Kendricks already on the roster and Amedola working best in the slot out of the 3 WR set? Going back to the “Ws” with this selection. Williams is a truly dominant blocker who can also catch the football.

5) Earl Wolff, S, North Carolina State (6001, 208)

Comments: Believe me. This is simply a coincidence, but I’ve got yet another person whose last name begins with W here. Going by you tube clips and what I’ve read, this kid seems to be very underrated by the draftnik media. Might be able to start immediately.

6) David Bass, DE, Missouri Western (6032, 262)

Comments: Going back to the Missouri Western State well that brought the Rams Greg “The Leg.” Bass was a Division II pass rushing machine who compiled close to 40 sacks during his collegiate career. Eugene Sims is officially on notice.

7) Darius Johnson, WR, SMU (5095, 175)

Comments: Tried my best to squeeze a CB into this final spot. Had Mathieu, but didn't like the idea that he might be a bad influence and screw up Janoris Jenkins. So I'll just use this spot to highlight a kid who probably won't make it this far, but who has got a youtube clip that I just love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6OyxC3Mg0

If Amendola wants too much money I'd wouldn't mind this guy replacing him at all. If the Rams could acquire an extra 5th or 5th round pick, I'd be all over him.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivory and Blount are two guys I thought long and hard about as RFAs. I think both teams will let them walk if they get a good offer because they're not major contributors.

Both guys are great and violent runners but don't offer much as pass catcher or pass blockers.

As for the picks, look good to me. I personally would prefer Terrance Williams over Robert Woods. But that's a preference.

I also prefer Ryan Otten to Michael Williams...have you gotten a chance to see Otten play?

Also, if we're look at WRs late in the draft, remember the name Jasper Collins. Mount Union recently has put out Pierre Garcon and Cecil Shorts. Well, Jasper Collins as a Senior recorded 92 catches for 1684 yards and 22 TDs while helping Mount Union win the D-III National Title. As a Junior, he led the team 67 catches, 844 yards and 13 TDs(all led the team). As a sophomore, he recorded 66 catches, 908 yards and 2 TDs(second in catches and yards to Cecil Shorts).

I believe he's a real sleeper right now. I'm about to watch the D-III NC game and the D-III semi-final game to get more info on him.

I'll say this, that highlight tape certainly looks impressive for Darius Johnson.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Memphis Ram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32,

No interest in Blount.

Prefer Woods to Williams. While Williams is taller, Woods seems more elusive to me. Probably just as fast, but quicker.

Watched a clip of Otten awhile back, but that's it. I prefer Williams to Otten because he actually fits what the Rams are trying to do. One move TE. One base inline guy. And since Kendricks isn't going anywhere soon.......
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memphis Ram wrote:
jrry32,

No interest in Blount.

Prefer Woods to Williams. While Williams is taller, Woods seems more elusive to me. Probably just as fast, but quicker.

Watched a clip of Otten awhile back, but that's it. I prefer Williams to Otten because he actually fits what the Rams are trying to do. One move TE. One base inline guy. And since Kendricks isn't going anywhere soon.......

Otten's both. Reminds me of Zach Miller at Arizona State.

While Woods is quicker and a better route runner, Williams is more physical, goes up and gets the ball better and has better hands.

I prefer the size mismatch and his ability to make plays on the outside. But Woods isn't a bad pick either, just a different type of pick.

Williams is more of an outside the numbers vertical WR while Woods is more of a chain moving WR with speed.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Memphis Ram

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Memphis Ram wrote:
jrry32,

No interest in Blount.

Otten's both. Reminds me of Zach Miller at Arizona State.

While Woods is quicker and a better route runner, Williams is more physical, goes up and gets the ball better and has better hands.

I prefer the size mismatch and his ability to make plays on the outside. But Woods isn't a bad pick either, just a different type of pick.

Williams is more of an outside the numbers vertical WR while Woods is more of a chain moving WR with speed.

Yeah, both of the WRs are good players. Just a matter of personal preference.

Otten? Doesn't seem to block well enough for me. And minus that and not seeing him as a potential matchup problem in the passing game, I'd pass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: