Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic QB options in no patricular order.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade up if I was them. I would stand pat. There are options there.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Depends how the organization views Geno Smith. If they think with minimal work he can be the franchise QB, they would pull the trigger to move up from 4 or 5 to 1 at this point.

However, if they DO NOT view him as that type of option.. they will stand pat and view options at their spot. Maybe even trade down to get more picks and grab a QB like Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, or Matt Barkley somewhere later in the first.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Depends how the organization views Geno Smith. If they think with minimal work he can be the franchise QB, they would pull the trigger to move up from 4 or 5 to 1 at this point.

However, if they DO NOT view him as that type of option.. they will stand pat and view options at their spot. Maybe even trade down to get more picks and grab a QB like Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, or Matt Barkley somewhere later in the first.

I'd rather have Luke Joeckel in the first and QB in the second this year.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joeckel is too talented to fall to us at 4 or 5. Have a strong feeling someone will pick him before us.

Agree though if we have the shot to get him.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Joeckel is too talented to fall to us at 4 or 5. Have a strong feeling someone will pick him before us.

Depends on where we end up. Teams like Jax,Kansas and the Raiders will likely pass on him.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I'm not trading up for Geno unless we've already signed Jake Long. We have too many needs to trade a bucket of picks.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should trade down if we are at 8 or 9.

Similar players at 10 - 15, plus the extra picks couldnt hurt.
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:

Joeckel could easily fall to 4. You have to figure that Geno Smith is going in the top 3 so that means only 2 other players have to go in front of Joeckel. It could be two defensive players
iRobot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
iRobot wrote:

Joeckel could easily fall to 4. You have to figure that Geno Smith is going in the top 3 so that means only 2 other players have to go in front of Joeckel. It could be two defensive players

Yea but looking at it, there's no way we pick better than 6.

Raiders, Eagles, Lions could tie at 5-11 with Arizona. However, we beat the Eagles and beat the Lions. The Raiders have an easier strength of schedule.

So the best scenario that involves a Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee at 6-10.. Arizona at 5-11.. would be us picking 6th overall.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
BBIB wrote:
iRobot wrote:

Yea but looking at it, there's no way we pick better than 6.

Raiders, Eagles, Lions could tie at 5-11 with Arizona. However, we beat the Eagles and beat the Lions. The Raiders have an easier strength of schedule.

So the best scenario that involves a Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee at 6-10.. Arizona at 5-11.. would be us picking 6th overall.

I keep forgetting you all won that extra game.

Well Joeckel's teammate Matthews isn't too shabby either
iRobot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have two good upcoming tackles in Potter and Massie plus Levi Brown will be back so we have options at tackle. Joeckel would be nice purely because he projects as an upgrade over all the tackles we have and at 6, he's great value. Matthews would be a reach to me.

At 6 or 7, I'd hope we grab some pass rush help, a QB that rates well and the org feels can be groomed to be franchise caliber in a short period of time, or inner OL help like Warmack.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews plays right tackle so unless we are planning on moving him to guard, I don't see the reason to take him.

A good offensive line, a good run game, and bad QB play is what KC has. That hasn't won them any games, so unless this team knows what they are doing and has a QB gem in mind for the 2nd round pick, I would not be thrilled with an interior player getting picked so high.

I also agree with the comments about Joeckel. He is a good player and would be the best tackle on the team, but left tackles don't win games, just ask Cleveland, who also has bad QB play and a decent defense.

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: