Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDO of Mock Offseason after your criticism
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dsryan24


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 39
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: REDO of Mock Offseason after your criticism Reply with quote

FIRED- Andy Reid and all other coaches

HIRED- Chip Kelly (HC) Mark Helfrich (OC) Lovie Smith (DC)

PLAYERS GONE- Mike Vick, Nnamdi Asomugha, Demetress Bell, King Dunlap, Jake Scott, Darryl Tapp, Akeem Jordan, Nate Allen, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

RESIGNED- Jon Dorenbos LS, Mat McBriar P

FREE AGENTS- Jairus Byrd S 6 years 55 million, Sean Smith CB 5 years 35 million, Jason Smith OT 1 year 1 million, Amobi Okoye DT 2 years 4 million

TRADES- Eagles trade 1st round pick (4th overall) to NYJ for 12th overall pick, 2013 2nd round pick and 2013 4th round pick.

DRAFT-

1) Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M- The Eagles get their OT to go on the other side of Peters, this moves Herremans back to the inside also. His dad is a HOF OT which only helps.
2) Kenny Vaccaro S Texas- The Eagles get their other saftey to replace Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman. Having Vaccaro and Byrd in the defensive backfield looks really good for the Eagles for years to come.
2b) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State- The Eagles get their other guy opposite of Sean Smith. Poyer is physical just like Smith and will help playing against these receivers in the NFC East.
3) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State- We get another starter with this pick. Hodges comes from the linebacker U of PSU, has immense talent and will battle with Chaney for the starting SLB spot, which he'll likely win.
4) Jordan Hill DT Penn State- Building more depth along the defensive line is key. Hill may be the guy to replace Cullen Jenkins after he will likely be gone after the 13-14 season, unless Okoye becomes what he was supposed to.
4) Braxston Cave C Notre Dame- building depth along the offensive line is key in this draft as well. Cave will be the guy behind Kelce if he isnt what he used to be, or Kelce was strictly a Mudd type player.
5) Darius Slay CB Miss State- A friend of Fletcher Cox's gets brought in to provide more depth at corner. Will battle with Marsh for the dime spot, maybe even a sleepr to beat out Boykin at nickel.
6) Travis Johnson DE San Jose State- Johnson is a depth guy along the d-line that would be one of those typical "fast ball" DE's. Could be in the mold of a Bruce Irvin just not as talented and a lot later in the draft.
6*)Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse- Thomas will come in and battle with Kurt Coleman to be Jairus Byrd's backup.
7) Michael Mauti LB Penn State- although Mauti is hurt. He could come back and be a big contributor for this team. He is a great leader and worth taking a risk on at this point in the draft.
7*)John Wetzel OT Boston College- comes from a decent pedigree of OL at BC. may be moved to OG in the pro's though so worth taking a shot at some more depth along the offensive line.

*=projected compensatory picks

DEPTH

QB- Foles, Edwards
RB- McCoy, Brown, Lewis
FB- Havilli
WR- Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Johnson
TE- Celek, Harbor
LT- Peters, Smith
LG- Herremans, Wetzel
C- Kelce, Cave
RG- Mathis, Watkins
RT- Matthews, Kelly

LE- Graham, Hunt, Johnson
DT- Cox, Jenkins, Okoye, Hill, Thornton
RE- Cole, Curry
LOLB- Hodges, Mauti
MLB- Ryans, Matthews
ROLB- Kendricks, Chaney
CB- Smith, Poyer, Boykin, Slay, Marsh
FS- Byrd, Thomas
SS- Vaccaro, Anderson
_________________
Still bleed green.. Just hoping for the best changes this offseason


Last edited by dsryan24 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 33849
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but it doesn't seem very realistic.
_________________

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dsryan24


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 39
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I like it, but it doesn't seem very realistic.
what is unrealistic about it?
_________________
Still bleed green.. Just hoping for the best changes this offseason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7647
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better. But the Jets aren't THAT stupid.
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dsryan24


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 39
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Better. But the Jets aren't THAT stupid.
well according to the trade value chart on NFLDraftcountdown.com this trade is actually in the Jets favor.. the 4th pick is valued at 1,800 pts, while the 12th overall, 2nd rd pick and 4th round pick is at a combined value of 1,738 points..
_________________
Still bleed green.. Just hoping for the best changes this offseason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7647
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Better. But the Jets aren't THAT stupid.
well according to the trade value chart on NFLDraftcountdown.com this trade is actually in the Jets favor.. the 4th pick is valued at 1,800 pts, while the 12th overall, 2nd rd pick and 4th round pick is at a combined value of 1,738 points..


But the Jets have just as many problems as us. They might even have more. They aren't going to trade up. Thats preposterous.
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mm6492


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 22504
Location: The Valley of Happiness
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
dsryan24 wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Better. But the Jets aren't THAT stupid.
well according to the trade value chart on NFLDraftcountdown.com this trade is actually in the Jets favor.. the 4th pick is valued at 1,800 pts, while the 12th overall, 2nd rd pick and 4th round pick is at a combined value of 1,738 points..


But the Jets have just as many problems as us. They might even have more. They aren't going to trade up. Thats preposterous.
No really if they fall in love with a guy.


Love 3 Penn State players Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PhiCelek87


Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Posts: 2001
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Better. But the Jets aren't THAT stupid.
well according to the trade value chart on NFLDraftcountdown.com this trade is actually in the Jets favor.. the 4th pick is valued at 1,800 pts, while the 12th overall, 2nd rd pick and 4th round pick is at a combined value of 1,738 points..


With the rookie wage scale in place the draft chart is obsolete...

Also, who exactly do you have them trading up to get?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiltman


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 13971
Location: Flipadelphia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Geno Smith is there the Jets at least would consider trading up I'd think
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dsryan24


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 39
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiCelek87 wrote:
dsryan24 wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Better. But the Jets aren't THAT stupid.
well according to the trade value chart on NFLDraftcountdown.com this trade is actually in the Jets favor.. the 4th pick is valued at 1,800 pts, while the 12th overall, 2nd rd pick and 4th round pick is at a combined value of 1,738 points..


With the rookie wage scale in place the draft chart is obsolete...

Also, who exactly do you have them trading up to get?
not sure what the rookie wage has anything to do with a draft value chart.... usuallly teams draft the best players first, not the worst... thats why each draft position has a value, not by how much the player makes at that slot... I have them trading up to get Jarvis Jones
_________________
Still bleed green.. Just hoping for the best changes this offseason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKingDP


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Location: illadelph
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
I like it, but it doesn't seem very realistic.
what is unrealistic about it?


Disregard that quote, dsryan24.. This is pretty much the same useless message RC posts on EVERY SINGLE mock on this message board. He says "Very unrealistic" and offers no other criticism for why.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 33849
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKingDP wrote:
dsryan24 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
I like it, but it doesn't seem very realistic.
what is unrealistic about it?


Disregard that quote, dsryan24.. This is pretty much the same useless message RC posts on EVERY SINGLE mock on this message board. He says "Very unrealistic" and offers no other criticism for why.


Lovie Smith most likely isn't fired.

Every mock where we Trade down is a Dream scenario, but it will not happren in my opinion.

Sean Smith Will Be resigned by Miami. Byrd Will NOT Be allowed to leave Buffalo.
_________________

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35831
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helfrich will stay at Oregon if Chip leaves, he's the next HC.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dsryan24


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 39
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
dsryan24 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
I like it, but it doesn't seem very realistic.
what is unrealistic about it?


Disregard that quote, dsryan24.. This is pretty much the same useless message RC posts on EVERY SINGLE mock on this message board. He says "Very unrealistic" and offers no other criticism for why.


Lovie Smith most likely isn't fired.

Every mock where we Trade down is a Dream scenario, but it will not happren in my opinion.

Sean Smith Will Be resigned by Miami. Byrd Will NOT Be allowed to leave Buffalo.
Lovie Smith was fired.... The Dolphins have a decision on whether to sign their franchise LT or Smith.. if Smith is out on the market its possible he will be gone..and that's why theyre called mock drafts my friend.. their not going to be what will exactly happen.. just a realistic projection
_________________
Still bleed green.. Just hoping for the best changes this offseason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaclinandMCcoy


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 3336
Location: Columbia, SC GO COCKS!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsryan24 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
TheKingDP wrote:
dsryan24 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
I like it, but it doesn't seem very realistic.
what is unrealistic about it?


Disregard that quote, dsryan24.. This is pretty much the same useless message RC posts on EVERY SINGLE mock on this message board. He says "Very unrealistic" and offers no other criticism for why.


Lovie Smith most likely isn't fired.

Every mock where we Trade down is a Dream scenario, but it will not happren in my opinion.

Sean Smith Will Be resigned by Miami. Byrd Will NOT Be allowed to leave Buffalo.
Lovie Smith was fired.... The Dolphins have a decision on whether to sign their franchise LT or Smith.. if Smith is out on the market its possible he will be gone..and that's why theyre called mock drafts my friend.. their not going to be what will exactly happen.. just a realistic projection


Lovie Smith won't end up as a defensive coordinator.
_________________


NCOUGHMAN wrote:
btw why do you guys like cats if you're eagles. i thought birds and cats were natural enemies. maybe im too wasted but it doesnt make sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group