Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rate this years starters out of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Willy...why is Avant a 4? He's been pretty good this year......no way has he been below average, which 4 indicates.

If Jason Avant is a 7[above average], then who do you consider to be average in the NFL?

You've managed to overrate every player on this roster in rankings.

He is a slightly above average player....He isn't just some below average-average WR.

I consider the average WR in the NFL to be the guys ranked around 75-80 in rankings. Considering there are 150+ WRs on NFL rosters who get playing time...I think it is safe to say that Avant is better than 75+ of them.

It seems like you're judging them of expectations going into the year, as opposed to how they actually played - surely someones with 49 receptions, 609 yard, and zero touchdowns is above average.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Willy...why is Avant a 4? He's been pretty good this year......no way has he been below average, which 4 indicates.

If Jason Avant is a 7[above average], then who do you consider to be average in the NFL?

He is a slightly above average player....He isn't just some below average-average WR.

I consider the average WR in the NFL to be the guys ranked around 75-80 in rankings. Considering there are 150+ WRs on NFL rosters who get playing time...I think it is safe to say that Avant is better than 75+ of them.

It seems like you're judging them of expectations going into the year, as opposed to how they actually played - surely someones with 49 receptions, 609 yard, and zero touchdowns is above average.

Jason Avant has always been the type of player you can't judge solely on stats. You're beginning to sound like a certain poster.......

Avant has come up big lately...and taking into account our terrible QB play for 60%+ of the year, he's played fairly well.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Jason Avant has always been the type of player you can't judge solely on stats. You're beginning to sound like a certain poster.......

Avant has come up big lately...and taking into account our terrible QB play for 60%+ of the year, he's played fairly well.

I never said Jason Avant was bad, and the only reason you're saying that is because I mentioned zero touchdowns.

If you're rating Jason Avant, Maclin, and Jackson the same your rating system if flawed. The tier that Avant should be is the "4" tier - the slightly below average tier. That's not a knock against him or anything, he's just not an average wide receiver, he does what he does, and that's what we get. Regardless, a 7/10 for any wideout currently on our roster is extremely favorable, IMO.
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

I never said Jason Avant was bad, and the only reason you're saying that is because I mentioned zero touchdowns.

If you're rating Jason Avant, Maclin, and Jackson the same your rating system if flawed. The tier that Avant should be is the "4" tier - the slightly below average tier. That's not a knock against him or anything, he's just not an average wide receiver, he does what he does, and that's what we get. Regardless, a 7/10 for any wideout currently on our roster is extremely favorable, IMO.

This

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: