Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Source: "Changes Will Be Swift"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: My Source: "Changes Will Be Swift" Reply with quote

I spoke to my buddy last night in what may turn out to be his last week as an employee of the Arizona Cardinals. He said he hasn't been given notice but was told by team executives that he would be notified within the next few days if he's going to have a job or not. "Could go either way" is what he told me. He said that while changes may not be announced on the feared Black Monday, they would happen "swiftly".

He said he still didn't know who would be fired and who will remain but he did say a lot of other team executives have told Mike Bidwill that they don't think he'd be able to find a better head coach than Ken Whisenhunt. Take that for whatever it's worth.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Whis as a coach and I really wonder how much of the QB situation falls into his lap or how much of the locker room he may have lost the past few seasons.

It seems Dockett is ready to part ways with him and without real changes being done in this offseason, I don't know how this team competes in 2013. There are obvious needs on offense and a few minor needs on defense.

It's like Khodder has pointed out.. if this team can score 20+ points per game and sustain some drives, I have no doubt in my mind that our defense can hold opponents under 20 and we will win the majority of our games.

I think we need to upgrade the interior of our O-Line and have some more tackle depth. Our current stable of RB's may do better with a better line and be more than sufficient for a run game. Upgraded O-Line could allow a restructured Kolb to play better but I fear that depth will be needed at QB, so finding a more durable QB is a need as well.

Grabbing a solid pass rusher is the only real glaring need on defense beyond finding someone opposite of Washington at ILB.

Seeing what happened to San Fran after they went with Jim Harbaugh makes me wonder if the same could happen here in Arizona with changes. But I think the higher probability lies in struggling with new schemes etc. with regime changes.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many of the articles ive read talking about the upcoming black monday say that Whiz will most likely be fired. Thats what i think should happen. There are better options than Whiz.

Side Note: With Whiz still here, Dockett leaving is a greater possibility.
iRobot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
So many of the articles ive read talking about the upcoming black monday say that Whiz will most likely be fired. Thats what i think should happen. There are better options than Whiz.

I'm not overly concerned with Dockett leaving. His play since getting paid has fallen off and I think David Carter could step in easily to replace him or we could find a replacement through other means. He's 31 and on the downside of his career..
iRobot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

I'm not overly concerned with Dockett leaving. His play since getting paid has fallen off and I think David Carter could step in easily to replace him or we could find a replacement through other means. He's 31 and on the downside of his career..

Two FA's of note: Cliff Avril http://www.nfl.com/player/cliffavril/1330/profile and Michael Johnson http://www.nfl.com/player/michaeljohnson/2507784/profile
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

I don't know of a single Arizona media member saying Whiz is out. Not 1. They seem to think it's 50-50.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

I don't know of a single Arizona media member saying Whiz is out. Not 1. They seem to think it's 50-50.

articles ive read from nfl, si, cbs
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

All either speculatory or from uncredible sources, like La Canfora. Anything from Jurecki or Somers? Maybe Adam Schefter? Jay Glazer? That's who's credible.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

And every single one of those is speculation from major media outlets. They are articles based on what could happen, not what will happen.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im crossing my fingers hoping that Whiz is fired because this team needs a new offensive identity. Whiz is too stubborn in forcing his system to fit the players.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50313661/

i dont know how credible this is but not good
Cusi10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

Please tell me who we can get that is a better COACH then whiz. If you can give me realistic names then im down for it. but u dont fire a good coach without options and set this team back. I compare our situation to that of cincinatti who realized marvin lewis is their best option at coach so they held on to him as they rebuilt the team in the areas needed and now they have secured back to back playoff berths
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Please tell me who we can get that is a better COACH then whiz. If you can give me realistic names then im down for it. but u dont fire a good coach without options and set this team back. I compare our situation to that of cincinatti who realized marvin lewis is their best option at coach so they held on to him as they rebuilt the team in the areas needed and now they have secured back to back playoff berths

Andy Reid
Kyle Shanahan
Todd Haley
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50313661/

i dont know how credible this is but not good

Not too sure on Jason Cole, but I think the report is accurate for what will happen, at least in Arizona.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Andy Reid
Kyle Shanahan
Todd Haley

1 - Reid requires full control, and with Keim here I want no coach having full control
2 - Complete unknown
3- No, just...No.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: