Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer going forward
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Bring back Jason Campbell

Bet this offense suites him better.

Oh my... no.... no. People complain about checkdowns? That's about all Campbell can do. Can't complete a deep ball to save his life. Keep him far away.

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

An offense without a running game that asks him to throw 40 times a game... He'd thrive.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

An offense without a running game that asks him to throw 40 times a game... He'd thrive.
Obviously we need to fix the running game, but his mobility suites this offense if we are sticking with Knapp.
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Darkness wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Obviously we need to fix the running game, but his mobility suites this offense if we are sticking with Knapp.

Unless we are running for minimum 150 yards per game then Campbell is useless. Nice guy, protected the ball ok but can't be relied upon at all to score points without a run game.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention Campbell is soft mentally. You don't let the people know when your "feelings are hurt" b/c of a coaching decision. Dude has never been a leader.

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
So you guys who have complain over the years about flushing money down the toilet with Al Davis silly contracts what to invest 28 million on a team with limited cap room on a QB who cant win with this team. OMG. Seymour and Palmer contracts was made the way they were so Reggie can cut bait. Cant wait to he does.

Peyton Manning with Vick's Legs would struggle too. Point is, I don't think we'd be able to find better than Palmer. Or are you saying you'd rather take the L's with a lesser QB and just not have to pay Palmer? I mean, obviously you have an agenda against him so naturally you want him gone, but am I getting the other part right?

I have an agenda against him? How? For calling him out on his mistakes. Also if What you said would struggle here again I ask why keep 28 mill towards him. People really do believe that we going to get rid of Knapp and our offense will flourish. Mcfadden is still gonna suck behind a ZBS, Our wideouts are still gonna drop passes, At least one position is gonna be a problem on our oline. How much change do people expect once Knapp is gone. The offense will be better but not a huge jump and not enough to cover up a bad defense. One draft, a new o-cord and limited cap isnt gonna to put this team in the playoffs next year. So why invest 28 mill in the guy?

Just have to let the offseason tell the story at this point. I think we've already said it a thousand times.

this

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
Palmer's injury worse than expected?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Friday-Buzz-Carson-Palmer-Russell-Wilson-more.html

The Raiders are all about PR nowadays.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Friday-Buzz-Carson-Palmer-Russell-Wilson-more.html

i think he retires... after this season im surprised he made it through the whole year. i give him props cause he is a tuff guy.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Carson Palmer restructures his deal and can give us two more solid years at quarterback. If we can draft a guy like Teddy Bridgewater in 2014, let him sit under Palmer for a year, and then take over the reigns that would be ideal, just my opinion though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

i think he retires... after this season im surprised he made it through the whole year. i give him props cause he is a tuff guy.

At first I thought I would be enraged if Palmer retired. Imo, the Raiders need Palmer to be a punching bag for at least one more season, however, if the Raiders reacted calmly by filling the void with a stop FA and not through the draft the Raiders would be prime to draft Wittek in 2014.

The Raiders are barely watchable now. Watching Knapp's offense without Palmer would be like watching Special Olympic boxing.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

At first I thought I would be enraged if Palmer retired. Imo, the Raiders need Palmer to be a punching bag for at least one more season, however, if the Raiders reacted calmly by filling the void with a stop FA and not through the draft the Raiders would be prime to draft Wittek in 2014.

The Raiders are barely watchable now. Watching Knapp's offense without Palmer would be like watching Special Olympic boxing.

i tried not to laugh i really did. i fall asleep during all the games since about week 6. watching us is like watching the TB/OAK super bowl all over again. seems like every team knows our plays.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

i tried not to laugh i really did. i fall asleep during all the games since about week 6. watching us is like watching the TB/OAK super bowl all over again. seems like every team knows our plays.

But they always got close enough for me to not turn it off....

and not do my hw

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that the Raiders trade Palmer this offseason. He is not the right fit for our O. If we could get a 2nd for him I would be pleased. I would also like to see Vick as our stop gap for 2 years instead of Plamer. Vick still has some good football left in the tank and can be a major upgrade at the position based on his running ability. He has had a down season but I feel that is due to the pachwork O line Philly has had all year. the Raiders O line is far from great but I think Vick and his mobility will allow them to play better and open up more holes for DMC. Having a mobile QB works wonders for a RB and I fully expect DMC to have his best game of the year today with Pryor at QB. I honestly can't wait to see what TP brings to the table. I don't think he is ready to start next year but Vick could buy enough time for Prior to get more famuliar with the NFP pace...

Props to Silver&Black88 for the pimpin sig
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
I hope that the Raiders trade Palmer this offseason. He is not the right fit for our O. If we could get a 2nd for him I would be pleased. I would also like to see Vick as our stop gap for 2 years instead of Plamer. Vick still has some good football left in the tank and can be a major upgrade at the position based on his running ability. He has had a down season but I feel that is due to the pachwork O line Philly has had all year. the Raiders O line is far from great but I think Vick and his mobility will allow them to play better and open up more holes for DMC. Having a mobile QB works wonders for a RB and I fully expect DMC to have his best game of the year today with Pryor at QB. I honestly can't wait to see what TP brings to the table. I don't think he is ready to start next year but Vick could buy enough time for Prior to get more famuliar with the NFP pace...

The problem with your thinking is that no ones a right fit for this offense. That's why Knapp's going to get fired.
Tacos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer is what, 33? I don't understand the retirement talk at all. I also would hate to see him traded if we're changing offenses. We aren't going to do any better barring a miracle late round QB pick. Get the guy a #1, an OL, a RB, and we have an offense.

I don't even like Palmer but unless we can get a high pick for him (we can't) it makes no sense to move on unless this injury is pretty bad.

Only teams I can see us trading him to are the Jets or Cardinals. Jets can't afford it and probably wouldn't do it anyway and the Cards have a terrible OL like us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 15 of 56

Jump to: