Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 NFL Awards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: 2012 NFL Awards Reply with quote

Its almost time to hand out the awards for 2012, and i wanted to get everyone's thoughts on it. So lets break them down and you can give your votes

MVP

Top contenders
- Adrian Peterson
- Calvin Johnson
- Peyton Manning
- Tom Brady
- Matt Ryan
- Aaron Rodgers
- JJ Watt
- Aldon Smith

Normally i wouldn't include someone on a 4 win team like Johnson, but anytime a guy breaks a Jerry Rice record, he deserves consideration. With two great Defensive players this season, will one of them break through and win the MVP award?

My Prediction: Peyton Manning will be win because he will be viewed as taking a broncos team to new heights. Most people will forget that they won the division and a playoff game without Manning last year. he has had a fantastic year and will take home the Award

DPOY

Top Candidates
- JJ Watt
- Aldon Smith
- Von Miller
- Charles Tillman

sacks are often the most looked at stat on the defensive side of the ball and Watt, Smith and Miller have exploded this season. I dont remember a year where 3 guys got to the QB as much as these 3 guys have. Tillman on the other hand has dominated in a different way forcing 10 fumbles

My Prediction: JJ Watt. regardless of what happens in week 17, Watt has been the most dominate player in the league all year long. Aldon Smith has gone 5 games this year with 0 sacks compared to watt who has 3. Watt also actually has 1 more PD than Tillman who is a DB. Watt also has 12 more tackles than Von Miller a linebacker. This one isnt a homer pick and it shouldnt be close

OPOY

Top Contenders
- Adrian Peterson
- Calvin Johnson
- Drew Brees
- Arian Foster
- Marshawn Lynch
- Matthew Stafford
- Tom Brady
- Matt Ryan
- Peyton Manning
- Aaron Rodgers

This award has at times really lost its meaning. If we really just looked at who was most impressive on offense this season, there would probably only be 3 guys on the list: Peterson, Johnson, and Brees. Awards dont like to find themselves in the hands of losers, so it makes it difficult

My Prediction: Adrian Peterson. The year that this guy has had is incredible. He has almost single handily (with lots of O-Line help) willed the Vikings into a meaningful playoff type game in week 17 and he has an outside shot at breaking the rushing record or at least topping 2,000 yards. he is tied for 2nd in total First Downs and 11 rushing TDs are #2 in the NFL.

OROY

Top Contenders
- RG3
- Andrew Luck
- Russell Wilson
- Alfred Morris
- Doug Martin
- Ryan Tannehill
- Brandon Weeden
- Trent Richardson

This will be the hardest race of them all, and i think it will boil down to the top 3 Rookie QBs: Wilson, Luck and RG3...Luck has the yards, RG3 has the excitment but perhaps Wilson has played the best overall. Luck has broken passing records, RG3 has ran for a lot of yards and Wilson has thrown 25 TDs this season. How do you pick one?

My Prediction: RG3 - in the end RG3 has only thrown 5 ints, he has the highest completion % and he has added 750 yards and 6 TDs rushing the ball. I wouldnt argue with anyone making a case for Wilson or Luck

DROY

Top Contenders

- Luke Kuechly
- Lavonte David
- Bobby Wagner
- Harrison Smith
- Bruce Irwin
- Casey Hayward
- Janoris Jenkins

A lot of good solid rookies this season. 3 TDs for Jenkins is insane, as well as 26 PDs for Hayward. Irwin leads rookies in sacks, but hasnt done anything else this season

My Prediction: Bobby Wagner. he has been a great player as a rookie on one of the top defenses in the NFL. His numbers are pro bowl worthy at 130 tackles 2 sacks 3ints 7 PDs

Comeback player of the year

Top Contenders
- Peyton Manning
- Adrian Peterson
- Matt Schuab
- Jamaal Charles

Another impossible award to give out. its really down to Manning and Peterson in my view. I think Charles is a close 3rd and i think Schuab will get a little love just because of how things went down last year

My Prediction: Adrian Peterson. So close to call, but in the end a running back coming off of knee surgery is just really impressive to me.

Coach of the Year

Top contenders
- Gary Kubiak
- Mike Smith
- Pete Carrol
- Leslie Fraizer
- Rex Ryan (JK)
- Mike Shanahan
- Bill Belichick
- John Fox

i could really list every coach that made the playoffs. When determining the coach of the year you have to look at pretty much two things: who made the playoffs and who did more than was expected.

My Prediction: Pete Carrol. i wont try to defend this one very much, but the job he has done with his team has been amazing. After a 7-9 season, he went out and found his franchise QB in Matt Flynn, then had the guts to sit him down and start a 5ft 10 inch rookie 3rd round QB. He has built a team through the draft and played several rookies this season: Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson, and Robert Turbin. His biggest knock is that all of their loses except 1 have come to teams they should have beaten. They have victories over: Dallas, Green Bay(yes i know lol), New England, Minnesota, Chicago and San Francisco.

so what are you predictions?????????

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually agree with you on who will likely win. I would personally like to see Wilson over RG3, but I think that may be a more personal opinion than stat-based. I can't really argue one way or the other, aside from the Wilson having done it against better competition. However, both of them would owe much credit to their fantastic running backs, something Luck didn't have.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8784315/adrian-peterson-worthy-mvp-award

Texans arent getting any love

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8784315/adrian-peterson-worthy-mvp-award

Texans arent getting any love

It's ESPN, I'm not surprised. Rolling Eyes (eye roll wasnt intended at you, just intended at that joke of a network.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: