Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Rex Ryan reportedly would welcome firing by Jets"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: "Rex Ryan reportedly would welcome firing by Jets" Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118146/article/rex-ryan-reportedly-would-welcome-firing-by-jets

Quote:

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan might want out of the circus.

Citing unnamed sources, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported on Friday that Ryan has suggested to "anyone who would listen" he would prefer being fired if owner Woody Johnson doesn't rectify the player personnel and coaching issues on offense.

Rex Ryan Would Reportedly Welcome Firing If Jets' Offense Doesn't Improve

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1460216-rex-ryan-would-reportedly-welcome-firing-if-jets-offense-doesnt-improve

Quote:

The report states Ryan hasn't been told he will return next season as the Jets prepare for Sunday's season finale against the Buffalo Bills. However, team sources tell Mehta that Ryan knows getting fired would be better than sticking it out with the current offense.

Ryan declined comment about his future when reached by The News. "If Woody’s not willing to do what it takes to fix the team, then (Ryan) knows he’s better off being fired," a team source said. "If Woody is willing to eat some money and spend to get us out of this mess, then it’s worth staying."

Personally I would hate it if we lose Rex but if what the article states is true about money being a deciding factor on if we part ways with our Offensive Coordinator.... We have serious issues then ... and owner not interested in winning...

If Rex leaves I'd be willing to bet he lands a head coaching job elsewhere, and in addition to that I'd be willing to bet he gets to the SuperBowl before we do if that happens.

I want a new owner, one who actually gives a crap about his team for more than how many headlines they generate.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken out of context this is a joke. But if you actually read it it makes you love Rex and want him back. He just called out Woody to help improve the team he's not sneaking out the back door. Seems like he really wants to win here I'd like to give him another shot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Taken out of context this is a joke. But if you actually read it it makes you love Rex and want him back. He just called out Woody to help improve the team he's not sneaking out the back door. Seems like he really wants to win here I'd like to give him another shot.

Yea I didn't take it in a negative way for Rex I think he's doing what he should be doing calling Woody Johnson out... but the fact it comes to this is pretty poorly reflective on our ownership... Hopefully he wont flinch at making the proper changes to the GM Position and Coaching staff regardless of cost.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't care either way if he stays or goes. He's not a good head coach. He needs to go, but it'd fit in with our complete ineptitude if he somehow kept his job.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
GMUPatriot2010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the thread title is a bit misleading. This is just Rex saying changes need to be made and Woody has to facilitate them. We can all cross our fingers that he does.

PFT has a pretty decent summation of all that:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/28/report-rex-ryan-would-rather-get-fired-than-accept-the-status-quo/
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article/report is one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen. Mehta should be absolutely embarrassed for that headline.

I'm 100% fine with Rex saying this (if he even did).

I'm glad Rex wants to take control and make the improvements he sees fit.

Like I said a week ago, I heard Rex and Norv are actually pretty good friends, and now I hear the Jets are "infatuated" with him as the next OC.

Norv is just the first step. Rex clearly also wants to address the QB situation too. But in order for this to happen, he needs Johnson to be on board with burning Sparano's contract and possibly eating Sanchez's as well.
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent posted in a long time but this topic really annoys me. This shows both of them in a poor light. Why is ryan letting something like this leak? Why is he implying that hes a glorified defensive coordinator? Isn't he the one that wanted sanchez? Isn't he theone that spoke of all the potential tebow mismatches? Doesn't the team reflect his offensive philosophy? These comments seem to be implying that he knows what needs to be done on offense an he needs to be freed up to do it when hes part of the reason the offense is terrible to begin with. I feel like I'm missing something.

And as a side, I think wveryones going a little crazy with how bad woody is. Hes not a good owner but we could do worse. The team has had a modicum of success under him. All this I'd do anything for a new owner stuff is a bit hyperbolic.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
I honestly don't care either way if he stays or goes. He's not a good head coach. He needs to go, but it'd fit in with our complete ineptitude if he somehow kept his job.

Nor is he a bad coach, we all need to remember that.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMUPatriot2010 wrote:
Yeah the thread title is a bit misleading. This is just Rex saying changes need to be made and Woody has to facilitate them. We can all cross our fingers that he does.

PFT has a pretty decent summation of all that:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/28/report-rex-ryan-would-rather-get-fired-than-accept-the-status-quo/

Just quoted the title of the article
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Unnamed sources. Of course.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
This article/report is one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen. Mehta should be absolutely embarrassed for that headline.

Honestly Cimini > Mehta. Metha uses the worst sources and creates the most sensational headlines. He is one of the worst reporters in NY

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both blow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex Ryan wants more power? Interesting. I guess he got fed up with Jets handling OC. Umm...

Is Robert Carlyle's "The Rise of Evil" movie a big influence?
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is getting fired. How many times do we say "taken out of context" when referring to something Rex says? Like that he called out Woody, but you dont say you'd be open to being fired. I cant wait till this mess is over. Rebuild.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex told the team it's all bogus and that he's disgusted by the media.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: