Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

colon trade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: colon trade Reply with quote

Many here think he should be cut, but does he have trade value? Could the steelers get a rb like stewart in carolina or someone of value?
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see anyone trading for a guy that has landed on IR 3 times. If some team does want him then they most likely would wait until, hopefully, the Steelers release the bum.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
kysteeler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree a smart team would do their homework and know that there is a great chance we would drop him.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some gm traded for him he should be beaten.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should rename the thread so people don't get their hopes up like I did. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless he traded for a used open can of beer, some chewed peanuts and a year old hot dog the Steelers will be lucky to get a UDFA pick for Colon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we can trade him to God in exchange for the time and money he has wasted us, Id say no.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only way this happens is on FFMD with 43 trading for him being his biggest fan and all.
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this wasn't supposed to be a thread where people really run down colon. I know he has had injuries, but is his value that low? He did play well at time and has versatility as well. Maybe arians will go for a trade?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
this wasn't supposed to be a thread where people really run down colon. I know he has had injuries, but is his value that low? He did play well at time and has versatility as well. Maybe arians will go for a trade?

You made a thread about a crappy player and asked what his trade value is.

People responded honestly about what his trade value is worth.

What did you expect?

Is his trade value really that low? Uhh...yes. Forget that he has never been more than an average at best player (and most of the time worse than that) and just look at the fact that he has spent 2 1/2 of the last 3 years on IR.

After all that, factor in his cap hit and ask...why would anyone trade anything for that?

Maybe some really stupid and desperate team would trade a 6th or 7th....but thats just pure optimism at best.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colon has a top-OG type of contract and hasn't finished a full season since 2009, and he was questionable then.

BTW, despite missing several games, he still leads the NFL in holding penalties.

So, let's see here...

1. High paycheck
2. IR'd 3 straight seasons
3. Leads NFL in holding penalties as an INTERIOR offensive lineman (not even an OT, a damn guard)

so yeah, his trade value is about a thimble-full of pocket lint. I'd give him away if I could.
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Colon has a top-OG type of contract and hasn't finished a full season since 2009, and he was questionable then.

BTW, despite missing several games, he still leads the NFL in holding penalties.

This was a good one, because I always thought he got too many penalties but that was false start out at RT. He kept his quota and then some

So, let's see here...

1. High paycheck
3. Leads NFL in holding penalties as an INTERIOR offensive lineman (not even an OT, a damn guard)

so yeah, his trade value is about a thimble-full of pocket lint. I'd give him away if I could.

I thought with some talk of him being probowl early on, that there might have been some validity despite my critical views. I was thinking trading him for a RB. Oops, Looks like cap space for next season won't be shed here
Embarassed

They are paying for that contract, it will haunt them for a few years.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals will trade an 8th rounder for him.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:

So, let's see here...

1. High paycheck

Every single time there's a big play I stand up and "holding #74 offense 10 yard penalty still 1St down, I was right 25% of the time. He holds so bad he should yell this is a stickup at the snap of the ball.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
mosteelers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:

He isn't a bad player. Our best run blocker.
I have defended him for years but I can no longer defend him. He has had too many injuries. I don't like paying players that don't play.

Same reason we should get rid of Harrison and look to get rid of Polumalu in one year if he repeats his pas few years.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: