Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Kuhn in 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we cut/trade Kuhn in 2013?
Yes, McCarthy loves TEs more than FBs now. Williams/Taylor can take over.
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
No, KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Justis is an idiot. Why does he stay up till 3:30 in the morning?
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 30

justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: John Kuhn in 2013 Reply with quote

Rotoworld.com wrote:
7/31/2011: Signed a three-year, $7.5 million contract. The deal included a $750,000 signing bonus and a first-year roster bonus of $1.45 million. Kuhn is eligible for $100,000 workout bonuses in seasons two and three. 2012: $1.6 million (+ $450,000 roster bonus), 2013: $1.8 million (+ $450,000 roster bonus), 2014: Free Agent

Salary: 1,800,000
Signing bonus/#of years, Cap hit: 250,000
Roster bonus: 450,000
Workout bonus: 100,000
Money Kuhn could make in 2013: 2,600,000
How much we would save by cutting Kuhn: 2,150,000

His years with the Packers:
2007: 0-0-0, 2-7-0
2008: 8-10-1, 4-21-2
2009: 8-18-1, 7-47-2
2010: 84-281-4 (contract year), 15-97-2
2011: 30-78-4, 15-77-2
2012: 23-63-1, 15-148-0

Other players on our roster that could fill his position:
-D.J. Williams (already spends a lot of time in the backfield lined up/motioned as an H back)
-Ryan Taylor (already has two credited starts at FB this year)
-Tom Crabtree (free agent, also motioned as an H back)

Side note: How was Kuhn not credited with a single start in 2010? That was his best year by far Shocked
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuhn will be back, not worried about this at all either way. Go contemplate in your Madden world what the Pack would do with his roster spot if they cut him all you want, but Kuhn will be back next year in Realville.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How in the world is he worth that kind of money?? I have never been a fan of his, surely we can find somebody else to get stuffed on those 3rd& short carries Kuhn never coverts. I am not a DJ Williams fan but he should be able to do what Kuhn does and he is much more athletic.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
How in the world is he worth that kind of money?? I have never been a fan of his, surely we can find somebody else to get stuffed on those 3rd& short carries Kuhn never coverts. I am not a DJ Williams fan but he should be able to do what Kuhn does and he is much more athletic.
Tis what I'm saying. I would rather have Williams back there to block (nobody is scared of Kuhn's running ability and he only really gets it short yardage) and have him mold into the Hback role instead of pure TE. He's on his way at this point. Got to imagine that he's in the backfield more than Kuhn already.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his advantage is that he can run the ball. I would bet he is better at it than any of the TEs on the roster. He gives us a FB, STer and an emergency RB should it come to that. I think he finishes out that deal unless we bring in an UDFA that wins the job. Even then I doubt he gets cut. You can't simply release every minor bad contract. Agents and players will take note.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't say cut him, but we won't re-sign him in 2014.
Can't even pick option 3 as I'm here til around 5am
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Kuhn will be back, not worried about this at all either way. Go contemplate in your Madden world what the Pack would do with his roster spot if they cut him all you want, but Kuhn will be back next year in Realville.

agreed.

He's Rodgers' most trusted blitz pick up guy. Rodgers stated he is the most well-versed guy on the playbook (other than Rodgers I'm sure).

He will have a place on this team for awhile yet IMO.
kgthekid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Benson was starting, I noticed that the Packers were using a lot of single-back sets, and I had pondered Kuhn's future with the team when it appeared that he was being neglected. I'm not sure if that's because Benson is more effective being the lone back or anything else, but that's when the question of his future first came about. Add that to how he's very limited offensively and other teams know what the Packers are going to do when he's lined up with Rodgers in the shotgun, and I don't see why he should be back in 2013.

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with Woodson gone Kuhn is now the 2nd oldest player on the team...just saying
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
So with Woodson gone Kuhn is now the 2nd oldest player on the team...just saying

At 31? Probably not a factor.

Again, he can likely be upgraded. Or at least his services can likely be replicated for less. But this isn't a crippling contract the likes of Woodson's was.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda of retract my previous statement. Still feel he is the most trusted blocker in the backfield, but his salary is a 'tad' high. Not outrageous, but an area where we could save money potentially. Certainly don't want to sign him for anything more than that going forward.

Might be a candidate for an extension with more guaranteed but less cap hit going forward.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we even really need a FB when we have TEs in the backfield blocking as well as Kuhn? Ryan Taylor, DJ Williams, or Tom Crabtree can all do what he's doing, eliminating his contract and a roster spot. Is Kuhn's running threat worth his contract and roster spot?
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until someone on the roster shows that they can handle blitz-pickup as well as Kuhn, orthe Packers acquire somebody who can do it as well (or better) as Kuhn for cheaper, then Kuhn's worth his salary just for the third down gig.

I kind of hope that Alex Green can grow into that spot, but right now keeping QB1 upright is a priority and nobody hits the QB harder than inside blitzers, so you shouldn't blink at paying $2-3m to your blitz pickup guy.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
...surely we can find somebody else to get stuffed on those 3rd& short carries...

Ksssss!

burned
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a clearly defined role in Mac's fit that warrants his contract.

I still hate seeing him run the ball on third and one. Give me Michael or Ball in this year's draft to do that. Ugh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: