Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Underrated Steeler For 2012?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Underrated Steeler For 2012? Reply with quote

Who gets the notion? I know we had a year of many dull moments, but there is still some upside to think positive about.

I personally think Max Starks was not only our best; but was robbed of a Pro Bowl vote. He had two sacks all year (He had three, but one was strictly coverage) and had only three penalties all year (none were holding). Starks great play this year was a big reason why our line was playing at a respectable level; for once.

Who else gets some consideration?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say Ryan Clark or Lawrence Timmons.

Timmons gets more respect than you would think, but still got snubbed from the pro bowl.

Ryan Clark has been one of the best FS in the league the last two years, and got snubbed for Ed Reed, who made in on nothing but rep.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say Lewis based purely on what most of us figured he'd bring to the table this year. He's not there yet, but made huge strides this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick Larry Foote. After 15 games he's led the team in total tackles and fumble recoveries and tied for force fumbles. He also tied a career best for sacks. He did a real nice job replacing Farrior right from the beginning.

Shaun Suisham would be my second choice.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey Hampton has my vote always so easily ridden off because he doesn't produce big stats. But when Casey Hampton is on his game the Steelers defense is hard to stop.

I'd also say Will Allen, Ramon Foster or Will Johnson.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Id say Ryan Clark or Lawrence Timmons.

Timmons gets more respect than you would think, but still got snubbed from the pro bowl.

Ryan Clark has been one of the best FS in the league the last two years, and got snubbed for Ed Reed, who made in on nothing but rep.

Totally agree. Both should have been pro bowlers. I also think Keenan Lewis had a great year.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Johnson. Solid all around FB who will only get bette1. Kinda fell off after his concussion but I LOVE what he brings to the table.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Casey Hampton has my vote always so easily ridden off because he doesn't produce big stats. But when Casey Hampton is on his game the Steelers defense is hard to stop.

I'd also say Will Allen, Ramon Foster or Will Johnson.

Not really, a lot of people consider him one of the best nose tackles of the past 10 years, some consider him on of the best nose tackles of all time.

I'd say he was underrated this year for sure though... He started of the year bad, he was getting pushed around by centers... No 350+ nose tackle should have that happen.
But he became a lot better as the season went on and I thought he had a solid season with all considered.

As for most underrated Steeler of 2012, has to be Clark, but he's been underrated for years.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By our own fans, I think Foote tends to be too forgotten lately.

By the general population and media, Clark and Timmons, who both should have been pro-bowlers this season.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely agree with Max Starks. He has been VERY solid for us, yet nobody talks about him like he does anything. He's shut down great pass rushers, Ben rarely gets an OMG HE'S DEAD blindside sack like he used to.

I feel like Starks means a lot more to this team than people think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: