Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is the solution at TE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
abdi7451 wrote:
Man, we need an O-Line. TE's come second.

Trade Hester and a 2014 Draft pick for Jermaine Gresham. lol.

Hester has no value in a trade and we shouldn't be trading away any more draft picks unless we're getting more in return. We only have 5 as it is right now.

I'd trade a seventh for Garrett Celek.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Outside of the draft, which option to you guys think is most likely?

AZ called it month ago…the best available FA TE is going to be Zach Miller…there is no way he is going to be retained in Seattle…he is due a base salary in 2013 of $6.8 million with another $3 million in a roster bonus…this year he has been vastly underused catching just 35 balls for 378 yards and 3 TDs…he has the all-around skill set we need at TE.

I hope I was right. Cool

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the solution at TE Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
What do you guys think of offering something for Garrett Celek, Brent's brother?

Just because his brother is a starter doesn't mean he's any good.

Madmike90 wrote:
AZ called it month ago…the best available FA TE is going to be Zach Miller…

I was always envious of Zach Miller when Greg Olsen was starting for the Bears. Miller is pretty well-balanced and plays with good physicality, where as Olsen wasn't a good blocker and struggled to out-muscle even the smallest of DBs.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the solution at TE Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZ called it month ago…the best available FA TE is going to be Zach Miller…

I was always envious of Zach Miller when Greg Olsen was starting for the Bears. Miller is pretty well-balanced and plays with good physicality, where as Olsen wasn't a good blocker and struggled to out-muscle even the smallest of DBs.

Yeah I was disappointed we didn't take Miller over Olsen on draft day and not just because Miller went to my alma mater. I just thought (and think) he's a better player than Greg.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
What do you guys think of offering something for Garrett Celek, Brent's brother?

Garrett's college career was unremarkable (38 games, 14 catches) and he has done nothing in the pros. What makes you pick out that guy and say HE is the guy we should bring in to improve upon Kellen Davis?

GRRLacher wrote:
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Garrett's college career was unremarkable (38 games, 14 catches) and he has done nothing in the pros. What makes you pick out that guy and say HE is the guy we should bring in to improve upon Kellen Davis?

I think he's a guy worth taking a look at, is all. He was hurt a lot in college, and hasn't really seen the field much because of Vernon Davis, but his brother is a player, and I think he could be had for cheap. I think the reason he was an UDFA was largely because he didn't see much of the field in college. It's not like he played for a top-tier program.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

I think he's a guy worth taking a look at, is all. He was hurt a lot in college, and hasn't really seen the field much because of Vernon Davis, but his brother is a player, and I think he could be had for cheap. I think the reason he was an UDFA was largely because he didn't see much of the field in college. It's not like he played for a top-tier program.

Understood, but him not seeing the field at Michigan State behind nobodies at TE can just as easily be seen as a strong indicator that he can't play too. Being had for cheap is only a benefit if he actually isn't a bum and I just don't see anything more than wishful thinking that he will be. Further, I don't see anything in his résumé that he has the value of a 7th round pick when he was a UDFA just last year and hasn't done anything to show otherwise.

But, that's just my opinion same as yours is yours.

GRRLacher wrote:
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin Escobar... Pray

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Ditka and a time machine. Wink
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Outside of the draft, which option to you guys think is most likely?

AZ called it month ago…the best available FA TE is going to be Zach Miller…there is no way he is going to be retained in Seattle…he is due a base salary in 2013 of $6.8 million with another $3 million in a roster bonus…this year he has been vastly underused catching just 35 balls for 378 yards and 3 TDs…he has the all-around skill set we need at TE.
I also agree. Zach Miller is the best option, Kevin Boss and Myers are also going to be solid options. ALL would easily be upgrades over Davis.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be some nice tight ends in free agency this offseason. Bears need to get someone who's reliable, has good athletic ability and also the ability to create mismatches against opposing defenses. Be it Dustin Keller, Jared Cook or Zach Miller all three of these guys fit the bill.

Dump Kellen Davis and use that money to invest it in one of these guys. Keep Spaeth for his blocking abilty and you have a good one-two punch. Plus not to mention Bears are high on Rodriguez. Don't know if they plan to keep him at FB going forward. Bottom line though is this team has too many draft needs to be focusing on a TE early in the draft. That's more of a luxury selection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: